Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #1
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vehicle Auction Merredin WA

How did that go?
Probably no lack of shill bidding from the mates of Bob?
Anyone came home with a new project?
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2021, 09:24 PM   #2
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
How did that go?
I thought it was to be be postponed but it looks like it would have gone ahead today. Some very ambitious projects amongst that lot!

Last edited by ozpacman; 11-12-2021 at 09:29 PM.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 02:26 AM   #3
yearby
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
How did that go?
I did not go to the auction, but did go to "Prior Inspection" on Friday 10th.

I was not impressed, most of the cars I was interested in had well and truly been picked over, what was left on them was only rubbish and too hard to fix.

I was mostly interested in the Ford Falcons XA-XC, although I did have a quick look at the earlier XW-XY. All cars very rusty.

Prior to me going, I took a liking to a XC ute, was advertised as V8 and 4 speed, it had the twin headlight grill. It turned out to be just a XC with 250 cross flow. It was extremely rusty under the fuel tank tray cover. Only really good part on it, was the twin head light grill, and I did not think it was worth carting so far home just for a grill.

If you did not check the VIN plate, I could see it being very easy for some one to buy car thinking it was worth while project only to get it home and its just a plain basic car that is not even worth the effort for the parts on it.

The steel blue XC Van was one of the best, had a XD V8 motor supplied with it in the back, the original engine was long gone. Still had the single rail 4 speed in it, but still expensive project for some one. Believe it to be rally pack?
When I lifted the drivers door when opening, the "A" pillar separated away from the sill panel due to rust, guessing "A" pillar totally rusted from windscreen down.

Out of curiosity I took a look at the Zephyr MK1 Ute Shell, you could see where it had been buried in the dirt, the dirt level was still in the engine bay. Looked like some one had found it in a Rubbish tip and brought it to the auction.

I was also interest in the ZA Fairlane shell for rust repair cuts, but some one had already beaten me to it, most of the floor was already cut out. What was left of the rear of the car was so twisted, there was nothing to be saved.

The where a few cars there with some parts on them I wished to have, but I could not see it being worth while for me to drag a car home for 3 hours just for a few parts.

So I did not think it was worth my time to revisit on the day of the auction.

Peter
yearby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post: