Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-11-2019, 02:04 AM   #1
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tractor speed record

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/w...9-11?r=US&IR=T

https://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/trac...in-jcb-fastrac

Looks pretty cool.

Apparently, according to my work colleague, I want one, (or soon going to build similar). Don't know why, but the car club person at my work emailed everyone today with the link above, naming me as the craziest 'heavy machinery' person in the engineering office where I work, and the most likely one to turn up in one of these..! Hm.. what have I done wrong? Owning too many telehandlers, and currently repairing one maybe, or having the biggest cm3 motorbike, and one of the fastest cars at my workplace maybe.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: Tractor speed record

Upton Engineering in Cowra, NSW built tractors in the '70's.
Road speeds on some models were upto 60mph.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/20...rance/10872310

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Another aussie company, Chamberlain tractors in WA built one in 1955 that was entered in the redex trial that could reach speeds of 110 kph. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2019, 04:03 PM   #4
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Upton Engineering in Cowra, NSW built tractors in the '70's.
Road speeds on some models were upto 60mph.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/20...rance/10872310
Thanks for posting that, the HT14/350 is a very seldom-seen beastie. I remember reading about the tech specs and the weight they built into it - I don't remember exactly, but the fuel tank is made with 1" and 1.5" plate and weighed literally a ton. When plowing 95% of its 20+ ton weight is on the back wheels.

What are the odds that it is now owned by David Bowden, but not "that" David Bowden?!?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2019, 07:11 PM   #5
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. Another aussie company, Chamberlain tractors in WA built one in 1955 that was entered in the redex trial that could reach speeds of 110 kph. Cheers MD
Yep, the Chambermaids used a 9 speed roadranger, the working machines were good for 30mph.
I assume the Redex Job had a taller diff.

The Uptons used a 30Ton Carson Tank Diff.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post