Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 01-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Northside Cruise Sunday

Don't forget the Cruise tomorrow
Usual northside meeting place and 8.30 am start time
We need a few more numbers *** we have booked for quite a few at the Bowling
Don't forget your socks :

Old 01-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We will be at the alley we just can not do the cruise we have a prior engagement.
See you at the bowling alley

Alan
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
SP Ken

G'day all,

Well it was a bright and sunny morning at the start point and 23 beautiful cars pulled away from the carpark. What a great day it turned out to be. As per usual, good roads, spectacular scenery and great company. This is what the club is all about. Oh I forgot to mention the entertaining styles of some of the bowlers at the end.

A big thanks to Denise for her organization of the day, her first, awesome job well done. Somehow she turned what was essentially a trip around the northern suburbs of Brisbane into a full day of cruising. A real silk purse out of a sows ear trick. Great job. Every stop had plenty of parking and the roads were worthy of the cars that drove them.

I look forward to seeing you all at the next event - Morgan Park.

Ken
Old 02-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everything Ken said.....It was great to have a cruise around Rob and Mines stomping ground, Finally i got to point out the infamous and legendry sweeper coming onto Scouts Rd ..A great big thanks to Denise and i guess i better mention Chris or he'll get all pouty.... It was certainly a fantastic cruise
Old 02-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Thank you very much to Denise and her Coyote man for organising such a wonderful cruise... Both Lynton and I had an absolute ball. The cruise was wonderfully well thought out with windy hills for the drivers and beautiful ocean views for the passangers. Was grateful for the rest stop at the bottom of the mountain though... :

How much fun was bowling...? I had a fabulous time at the bowling alley, was a little miffed they removed the bumper bars half way through but still much fun was had by all. In our little lane we had a mini competition of 6's v's 8's and I am pleased to announce it was actually a tie so we will still need to sort it out at Morgan Park! :Up_to_som Pity the bowling shoes were a little on the ugly side of life - but what do you do... _

I said it today and I will say it again - this was my favouritest cruise yet so all you other organisers I appreciate your effort but Denise has certainly raised the bar - Thanks Mate for a great day! :

Next time I reckon we should go LAWN BOWLS - fancy organising that for us Denise since you did such a legendary job on this one!? _2:
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We had a great day and enjoyed ourselves very much.

Thanks to anne for removing the bumper things of those lanes so you could not cheat.

Ian
Old 02-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
Thank you very much to Denise and her Coyote man for organising such a wonderful cruise... Both Lynton and I had an absolute ball. The cruise was wonderfully well thought out with windy hills for the drivers and beautiful ocean views for the passangers. Was grateful for the rest stop at the bottom of the mountain though... :

How much fun was bowling...? I had a fabulous time at the bowling alley, was a little miffed they removed the bumper bars half way through but still much fun was had by all. In our little lane we had a mini competition of 6's v's 8's and I am pleased to announce it was actually a tie so we will still need to sort it out at Morgan Park! :Up_to_som Pity the bowling shoes were a little on the ugly side of life - but what do you do... _

I said it today and I will say it again - this was my favouritest cruise yet so all you other organisers I appreciate your effort but Denise has certainly raised the bar - Thanks Mate for a great day! :

Next time I reckon we should go LAWN BOWLS - fancy organising that for us Denise since you did such a legendary job on this one!? _2:

Tori I am glad they removed the cheating I mean bumber bars to put you on an equal footing : I seen a few of the bowls from that lane and it reminded me of pin ball
And also what a fantastic idea you have come up with to have some "barefoot bowling" at a bowls place , a lot can find out if they any good for their retired life , might have to get the committee to look into this
Pity we did not do the cruise but the bowling was a hoot as usual.
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #8
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Thanks everyone for your support today with the cruise. I certainly was a little bit nervous to run my first cruise; knowing full well that everyone was thinking its just around suburbia but there are a lot of places in our own backyards. I'm with you Lissa I come home from netball on Monday nights down Scout Rd and only realised today it was 60kph. I have never even noticed the sign before - Chris must have been going a lot slower than what I do!

I will look into barefoot bowls I know there is a lovely bowls club on the waterfront at Wynnum and plenty of windy roads around that way - was a local round that way before I crossed the bridge and never made it back.

Have done a barefoot bowls day a long time ago and had an absolute ball.
Certainly no bumpers in lawn bowls. But you also don't get nails stuck and broken (Anita).
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #9
lightninGStrike FPV

Job well done Denise. Anne & I hade a great day. A very special thanks for organising the kids and helping them bowl. A happy child means a happy mum & dad.
Hope Anne did'nt upset to many by dropping the bumpers on the cheats lanes. :
Hey Ian the games may have been one each but sorry to say add the two scores and I kicked your behind by a whole two pins. : Two strikes on the last frame just was'nt enough, nice try though.

Looking forward to the next big event.

Cheers,
Heath.
lightninGStrike FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #10
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Hope Anne did'nt upset to many by dropping the bumpers on the cheats lanes. :
Actually this was a little rude - we were just having a friendly game and had decided to use the bumpers in order to not embarass the not so good bowlers - namely ME. To the spend the 2nd game getting gutter bowl after gutter bowl was both ego destroying and a waste of money. It would have been nice to have been asked first because it did ruin the experience for me.
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #11
lightninGStrike FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
Actually this was a little rude - we were just having a friendly game and had decided to use the bumpers in order to not embarass the not so good bowlers - namely ME. To the spend the 2nd game getting gutter bowl after gutter bowl was both ego destroying and a waste of money. It would have been nice to have been asked first because it did ruin the experience for me.
Both Anne and I are very sorry you felt this way. I'm sure her intentions were not to ruin your game as you say it is ment to be a friendly game. We were all there to have some fun. So if you were unable to see the funny side of the situation then you should have put them back up straight away. I'm sure no one especially Anne would want you to feel you have wasted your money let alone ruin the experience for you.

Maybe Anne should have been bowling with you on that lane as she bowled plenty of gutter balls as well, so I'm sure this is what motivated her to do this.

Once again sorry.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #12
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did not see any harm in what anne did as the other lanes she did it too did not complain it was all part of the fun.

Ian
Old 03-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #13
lightninGStrike FPV

I don't think we need to go on any further about the bloody bumpers.
It's all good.
Well on Annes and my perspective anyway.

Can't wait till lawn bowls won't that be great.....
Old 03-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #14
The Force
Rebel

Thumbs up

Denise and Chris

Well done for a great cruise I especially enjoyed the roads around Mt Mee
and a special thanks to Leanne for looking after the kids at the bowl.A great time was had by all.

Cheers

Andrew

Proud Owner FPV Force 8 #85 EGO Boss 302
Founding Member New and Classic Ford Assoc #001
New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc
Proudly sponsored by:
"HOGS BREATH CAFÉ"
Proudly Supported by:
"QUEENSLAND POLICE CREDIT UNION"
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post