Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Value of 2-Bolt 302W Block/Crank

Asking before I do anything physical, because it's heavy and sort-of tucked out of the way.

Got a '68 (from memory) 302W block with crank, no overbore, standard journals. Think it's even got a cam in it. No other bits

Once upon a time (don't we all love fairytales ) this would have been someone's ideal starting point for a motor build. I realise the marketplace has shifted massively, and this is no longer the typical scenario.

Are these worth anything above scrap, really? If so, what sort of money?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: Value of 2-Bolt 302W Block/Crank

Might be worth something.....
We tossed a few off shore in the Gulf, with stainless wire rope attached for moreings.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2019, 02:09 PM   #3
Dave1966

Windsor blocks are thin wall castings. The bores can be thin, especially after being overbored to the max. A good standard bore block that is clean in the water jackets is still a good base for a stroker. The crank and cam are likely pretty worthless to anyone unless they are doing a Resto. I’d say that block is definately worth a few hundred but don’t know exactly. Put it on marketplace and it’ll go for sure mate.
Dave1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
We tossed a few off shore in the Gulf, with stainless wire rope attached for moreings.
Burial at sea, gotta respect tradition.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #5
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Couple hundy at best.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2019, 02:13 AM   #6
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Late 60,s early seventys blocks were supposed to be a little thicker around the mains compared to the later roller blocks , so it might be worth a bit more to the right person ?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post