Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #61
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vfacts April. Barely Holden on: Ford almost overtakes rival

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
Well,actually there is so much better in the market place,Commodore,Falcon? They were well past their use by date.The quality wasn't there for a start,components that failed,ie:Fords transmission woes with it's "milkshake",unheard of with Japanese & Korean vehicles.Ford & Holden just never learned from their mistakes.I "jumped" a little while ago,best move I made.If you purchase a KIA,at least you will have a pretty trouble free vehicle.Would I ever by a Ford again? Highly unlikely.They have themselves to blame.Commodore? even less likely to happen.Won't be sorry to see them gone.Great memories though,from years of owning many,many Fords(Euro & OZ)Times are a changing! Cheers
What a load of rubbish
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #62
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
What a load of rubbish
If they had "lifted" their game many years ago("Button plan" era) they probably would not be in the state that they are in now.Rubbish?,no I do not think so.Numbers speak for themselves,re:sales results.As I alluded to as well, their quality left a lot to be desired.If they where that good,why were people not purchasing them?Cheers
Old 13-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #63
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well,actually there is so much better in the market place,Commodore,Falcon? They were well past their use by date.The quality wasn't there for a start,components that failed,ie:Fords transmission woes with it's "milkshake",unheard of with Japanese & Korean vehicles.Ford & Holden just never learned from their mistakes.I "jumped" a little while ago,best move I made.If you purchase a KIA,at least you will have a pretty trouble free vehicle.Would I ever by a Ford again? Highly unlikely.They have themselves to blame.Commodore? even less likely to happen.Won't be sorry to see them gone.Great memories though,from years of owning many,many Fords(Euro & OZ)Times are a changing! Cheers
....G'day When I drive my absolutely trouble free AU ll or my beaut FG XR6 I'll thoroughly enjoy my Australian built Falcons with a smile each time....I love my Fords..Don't want or interested in anything else by choice.. Sincerely though, enjoy your Kia because whatever you drive it's all about what you like and enjoy ..If you have decided KIA is best for you these days , fair enough , totally respect your call ...Maybe one day Ford will give you something that grabs your attention...Only you'll know that....Cheers Rod...
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #64
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
....G'day When I drive my absolutely trouble free AU ll or my beaut FG XR6 I'll thoroughly enjoy my Australian built Falcons with a smile each time....I love my Fords..Don't want or interested in anything else by choice.. Sincerely though, enjoy your Kia because whatever you drive it's all about what you like and enjoy ..If you have decided KIA is best for you these days , fair enough , totally respect your call ...Maybe one day Ford will give you something that grabs your attention...Only you'll know that....Cheers Rod...
Understand exactly where you are coming from Rod,(& I have had many,many Fords,more than I can care to remember over forty plus years.)but in saying that they did the damage to themselves.Kia? No do not own one,they where just mentioned in a previous post.But they are a "big" mover & shaker in our automotive landscape,you cannot ignore them.People in this country are spending their hard earned money elsewhere,I think people are pretty fed up with Ford & Holden to a degree.They will never again gain the status that they enjoyed for many decades in this country.They could of if they had been a lot smarter.(probably the "bean counters" in Detroit dictating.)We can only dream of what could have been.Cheers
Old 13-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #65
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Well,actually there is so much better in the market place,Commodore,Falcon?
define better.

and then get another 10 people to define 'better'.

and then get another 100 people to define 'better'.

you will end up with 111 different definitions.

popularity doesn't equal 'better'.

as an example, people think apple and the iphone dominate the mobile device scene, but in fact, if you look at it by way of operating system, android smashes ios. what i'm getting at is people look at the sales of an individual model or brand and say that it must be 'best' because it's the most popular, but in fact there are more people not driving those brands and models, than are driving them. Toyota sell the most cars, but there are more non toyota driving people than toyota driving people.

the australian auto scene is the most fragmented in the world, and that 'choice' is what is causing some models to only sell in small numbers.

Regardless of what your desire, there is a car out there that suits your needs. it only makes it 'better' to you, not to everyone else.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Numbers speak for themselves,re:sales results.As I alluded to as well, their quality left a lot to be desired.If they where that good,why were people not purchasing them?Cheers
Price, plain and simple. The majority of purchaser's have this as their no 1 criteria. Which is why Kia and Hyundai sell in higher numbers than they used to. But remember how rubbish they were 10 years ago. Absolute garbage they were. So people aren't scared off buying them from reputation of quality. It's cause they are cheap and "good enough".
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #67
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Understand exactly where you are coming from Rod,(& I have had many,many Fords,more than I can care to remember over forty plus years.)but in saying that they did the damage to themselves.Kia? No do not own one,they where just mentioned in a previous post.But they are a "big" mover & shaker in our automotive landscape,you cannot ignore them.People in this country are spending their hard earned money elsewhere,I think people are pretty fed up with Ford & Holden to a degree.They will never again gain the status that they enjoyed for many decades in this country.They could of if they had been a lot smarter.(probably the "bean counters" in Detroit dictating.)We can only dream of what could have been.Cheers
G'day.. Sorry 'bout that...I thought you had bought a Kia...my mistake...Just the same I wouldn't blame anyone at looking at the new V6 RWD Twin Turbo Stinger that Kia have ready for our market...Supposed to be getting some good reviews...I'm still bleeding blue pretty bad and will be for a while yet..but one day something like the Stinger might be it...Are you listening Ford for us Aussie customers that want a decent V6 at a decent price....What about a Mondeo that can have the Ford 3.5 litre TT. at some stage...That'd help but will almost certainly never happen , even in Europe...
At least that Kia is something that might cause interest on our shores....Have a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz_v4dCA3OQ ...Not too shabby methinks...Just found this too...I get your point re quality if their target market is for high end buyers that look at BMW 3/4 Series and Audi at a much lower price..This is interesting.. 0-100 about the same time as a XR6 or XR8 Sprint...also not too shabby...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qkf-YAq94 ...Cheers Rod...

Last edited by roddy1960; 13-05-2017 at 06:30 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #68
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day.. Sorry 'bout that...I thought you had bought a Kia...my mistake...Just the same I wouldn't blame anyone at looking at the new V6 RWD Twin Turbo Stinger that Kia have ready for our market...Supposed to be getting some good reviews...I'm still bleeding blue pretty bad and will be for a while yet..but one day something like the Stinger might be it...Are you listening Ford for us Aussie customers that want a decent V6 at a decent price....What about a Mondeo that can have the Ford 3.5 litre TT. at some stage...That'd help but will almost certainly never happen , even in Europe...
At least that Kia is something that might cause interest on our shores....Have a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz_v4dCA3OQ ...Not too shabby methinks...Just found this too...I get your point re quality if their target market is for high end buyers that look at BMW 3/4 Series and Audi at a much lower price..This is interesting.. 0-100 about the same time as a XR6 or XR8 Sprint...also not too shabby...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qkf-YAq94 ...Cheers Rod...
They are going to have no problem shifting these.(Stinger)Well built,good quality vehicle.& dare I say it far,far better built than a Stang(going to get "hammered" for this one!,but a different type of buyer though for these,so I suppose you cannot compare the two.)Would buy this ahead of the Mustang any day,V8 or no V8.Euro's are not without their probs either.Beemers & Mercs have their fare share of probs as well.As I alluded to in previous post Ford have been woeful on quality & reliability recently,ie:Focus,Fiesta & Falcon(milkshake.) it is a shame because they have a decent lineup.It's weird though as Fiesta is no1 seller in the UK.Different market though.Great handling little car.Toyota,Hyundai,Kia & Mazda now "own" the OZ market.Who would have thought that 40+ years ago.Cheers

Last edited by hackney; 13-05-2017 at 07:42 PM.
hackney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2017, 09:02 PM   #69
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
If they had "lifted" their game many years ago("Button plan" era) they probably would not be in the state that they are in now.Rubbish?,no I do not think so.Numbers speak for themselves,re:sales results.As I alluded to as well, their quality left a lot to be desired.If they where that good,why were people not purchasing them?Cheers
In some instances it did but a LOT more had to do with demise of the Australian automotive industry than poor quality.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #70
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
In some instances it did but a LOT more had to do with demise of the Australian automotive industry than poor quality.
Two words,"Button plan".(when the rot set in.) look it up.(The late John Button,senior minister Hawke/Keating gov't)Cheers
Old 14-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #71
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hackney..the first shipment Kia Stinger's is sold out before a final price is announced..
There were 3 Mustangs on HDTV yesterday, they didn't look or sound like stock Mustangs!!
Old 14-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #72
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
All due to perception. Was in a Hyundai recently and you can see it cheap. Had a Toyota and needed a trans build cause of a design flaw.

Then I see the amount of blue smoke coming out of BMW's and you don't want to own a Euro out of warranty.

What I was getting at is I'm not getting a car with decent space and power for the price. Your looking at double and it's not like it will keep it's price.

BTW 4 falcons and a territory since 05 and they been great cars. Hated getting rid of my ute recently cause the thing was fantastic.