Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default keyless remote

i have changed the battery on my remote and works acept you have to keep pressing the unlock button several times in different positions for it to work do i need a new shell or a whole unit and are all au sedans the same. i will say the battery i installed was a used one but all the other buttons work good thanks
david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
Spurious

Default Re: keyless remote

Chances are when you changed the battery, you bumped something on the circuit board.

I've got 2 remotes, one 5 year old & one original.
I've had to re solder the battery section back onto the circuit board a few times on both remotes, & the original one (2000) actually had the tiny buttons fall off the circuit board.

...& by some small miracle of engineering I managed to solder the buttons back on too.
I'd say you have a similar problem.
If you find a broken connection on the circuit board, the trick is to isolate which connector & then solder it from the under side of the board.
You may just need to touch the soldering iron to the connection for a few seconds, without adding extra solder.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #3
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know what your saying but thats not the case ive had that happen before and replaced the keypad
Old 27-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #4
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by david lee View Post
i have changed the battery on my remote and works acept you have to keep pressing the unlock button several times in different positions for it to work do i need a new shell or a whole unit and are all au sedans the same. i will say the battery i installed was a used one but all the other buttons work good thanks
Hi. Does the unlock button feel like the other buttons? It may have some muck in it that is stopping the contact from working properly, try flushing the switch with isopropal alcohol while working the button on the switch. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all buttons feel the same i will try your idea also blow it out with a air hose,you could be right.i had a problem with the electric drivers window switch which stopped working and a mate pulled it apart and it was full of crap and now works perfect thanks
Old 28-08-2016, 07:39 PM   #6
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all fixed i put a tiny thin square piece of cardboard behind the button and in between the circuit board which made the button firmer
This user likes this post:
Old 31-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Yes, the tiny piece of cardboard/folded paper is a good trick.

The actual buttons on the circuit board lose their springiness over time and need quite the thumbnail jab to depress, so a little bit of something under the gel button works wonders.

/edit: woo 10 year badge :S
Old 02-09-2016, 07:28 PM   #8
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes the thumbnail jab was giving me a sore thumb
This user likes this post: