Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BF sat nav

hopefully this section gets a little more traction.

Driving around Adelaide last week using the factory sat nav.... all good.
met a mobile phone tech guy to install a new hands free unit.... all good.

From where this was done I knew where I was going until last Sunday....opps no sat nav...nothing, not a blimp, not a scarek of recognition.

What happened.??
1. Sat nav shait itself?
2. The tech guy somehow cut into something he shouldnt have?
3. Somehow I have turned it off, if so how? I have pressed, held finger on screen for 5 minutes
4. As per SA nothing works forever.

Its urgent to get this working, I have a lot of visits to make when next in Adelaide
Old 02-08-2016, 08:32 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: BF sat nav

Hi. If its a vdo (dealer fit or aftermarket) you may find that the phone guy unplugged the power wires so he could connect his phone wires. Depending on how the nav was fitted he may also have disconnected the audio thinking that it was an old hands free kit. If the nav was set up to provide audio through the ICC you might be better off to go back to the phone guy and get him to reconnect the power wires but put an old hands free kit speaker in for the nav and leave his new kit through the ICC. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #3
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Check the remote control batteries?
Old 03-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #4
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. If its a vdo (dealer fit or aftermarket) you may find that the phone guy unplugged the power wires so he could connect his phone wires. Depending on how the nav was fitted he may also have disconnected the audio thinking that it was an old hands free kit. If the nav was set up to provide audio through the ICC you might be better off to go back to the phone guy and get him to reconnect the power wires but put an old hands free kit speaker in for the nav and leave his new kit through the ICC. Cheers MD
Its a genuine unit that fits in ICC.
I had muted the sound on sat nav,,, stupid thing always telling me I'a, speeding.

Remote control batteries? Didnt come with remote control.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #5
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

I have a genuine one fitted in my BA and it comes with a remote. How do you use it? If its touch screen it aint genuine for a BF anyway.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #6
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its part of the ICC, purchased from Fadi
radio works fine,
reverse camera works fine
Sat nav is zip

there is no remote control. There may have been when I first had it installed but always used the touch screen, its very strange that it was working up to meeting the tech guy and next time I go to use it the screen stays blank.
Previously when you touched the screen you could see it activating from your fingers touch now its blank.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #7
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Its part of the ICC, purchased from Fadi
radio works fine,
reverse camera works fine
Sat nav is zip

there is no remote control. There may have been when I first had it installed but always used the touch screen, its very strange that it was working up to meeting the tech guy and next time I go to use it the screen stays blank.
Previously when you touched the screen you could see it activating from your fingers touch now its blank.
i have had the same happen with my SY terri which had a reverse camera & sat nav installed by ASL (Fadi), only difference is that mine both failed at the same time in similar circumstances to you. FYI, still unresolved at this stage.
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
IWANTANF6

may be the phone guy removed the ICC but forget to reconnect the NAV/Camera connector under the ICC.
This connection uses a bypass too input direct to tft.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Trouble is he didnt remove the ICC or the surrounds. What he removed was the small spear between steering coloum and centre part of dash
Old 05-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #10
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Even if it is not a VDO nav system it will still need a power source to operate as the nav is an "add on" system, not a unit built in to the ICC. Go back to the phone guy and tell him whats happened and he should be able to fix it. Just ask him to reconnect the power and earth wires but not the mute wire for the nav and put an extension speaker from a phone kit on its speaker output wires. Just have to hope he didnt think it was an old hands free kit and rip it out and bin it on you. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers that makes a lot of sense, there was an old phone in there and I have all the pieces
Old 05-08-2016, 11:17 PM   #12
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does radio screen work ... push and hold power button for 5 - 10 seconds
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post