Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Default Ford servicing question

Hey guys just a quick question regarding modern Ford services. Can anyone tell me exactly what is involved with 'A','B' and 'C' services?

Thanks

Before you ask I haven't got an owners manual on me.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Ford servicing question

Each car is different. A is basic and cheapest - generally an oil and filter change. B is perhaps every 2nd or 3rd service and may involve brake fluid and other stuff that lasts longer than A service items, like fuel filters. C service involves the stuff done every few years or at 100k km like timing belt, coolant etc.

If you use the capped price service website you should be able to find what is due and when.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2016, 12:23 AM   #3
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Each car is different. A is basic and cheapest - generally an oil and filter change. B is perhaps every 2nd or 3rd service and may involve brake fluid and other stuff that lasts longer than A service items, like fuel filters. C service involves the stuff done every few years or at 100k km like timing belt, coolant etc.

If you use the capped price service website you should be able to find what is due and when.
Ok thanks. I have a customer asking me about it but I wasn't sure what's involved. I'm not sure why he hasn't looked at his own manual.

I also thought the C service was an optional one in between the normal servicing.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2016, 12:45 AM   #4
stig_3754

For my Focus, and I assume for Falcons too, 'A' service is your normal service at every 15,000km. 'B' service is more like your major service, usually change spark plugs, air filter etc. and is every 60,000km (every 4th service). 'C' service is the optional 7,500km service for when the vehicle is operated under 'severe or unusual conditions' (as per the owner's manual).
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
Ok thanks. I have a customer asking me about it but I wasn't sure what's involved. I'm not sure why he hasn't looked at his own manual.

I also thought the C service was an optional one in between the normal servicing.
You may be correct there - just looked at my Mitsubishi book and all they say for the C service is an air cleaner swap.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2016, 09:00 PM   #6
naroomablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stig_3754 View Post
For my Focus, and I assume for Falcons too, 'A' service is your normal service at every 15,000km. 'B' service is more like your major service, usually change spark plugs, air filter etc. and is every 60,000km (every 4th service). 'C' service is the optional 7,500km service for when the vehicle is operated under 'severe or unusual conditions' (as per the owner's manual).
Yep, my FG manual is same as above except 'B' service is every 45,000km, only extra task is an air filter change.
naroomablue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post