Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #1
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default just a few questions

hi

intrested to hear why these days it seems that school kids go through so many boyfriends or girlfriends until they get the right one or why marriages dont last for some people.

for school kids its probably because they want it all now and dont want to wait therefor rushing it and it then not working out.

also intrested to hear how people have found their boy or girlfriends, and also how people have found their good friend thats not really their boy or girl friend
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #2
FPV0137

Default Re: just a few questions

I met most of my close friends through car forums, cruises, or similar interests at social gatherings (usually cars lol)
As for the rest of your post, I find cars more interesting and satisfying than relationships/women, and they're usually less ****** in the head and easier to understand when something goes wrong, so I stay well away and live the celibate life (voluntarily!!)
FPV0137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #3
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I met my ex as she lived in across the road from my parents and I was "encouraged" by my mum to see if I could fix a problem she had with her car

Lasted a few years, don't regret it but glad I'm not with her any more

my wife I met at tafe when I started studying management before crossing over to uni, she was doing the same we did a group assignment on condom machines in pubs, and a business case for. she referred to pregnancy as a STI, I new she was the one for me, we went out for dinner and a movie after that and 20 something years together and nearly 19years of marriage and 2 kids later were still together and a great team we have our arguments at times but we are each others yang to our ying if that makes sense

Besides she's always encouraging me to work on our cars so thats not a bad thing

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been mates with a close friend of mine since high school - we're both into the same things and have pretty much the same attitude towards life. I only keep a few close friends - I suppose it's quality over quantity.

Met the missus through friends - our first date she told me if you want to date me you'd better stop smoking. Haven't looked back since. She pushes me to be the best I can and supports whatever I do. Sure we have our fights but nothing worth having comes easy.
Old 14-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I met an ex right here on the forum. Let's not talk any more about that. Ugh.

Most of my friends were met at school. Some through work, some here on this forum, and through other friends.

As the years go on, I've managed to filter down to quality friends rather than quantity, and those who caused me a fair bit of grief I've finally let go.
I've also made a fair few friends on an international forum, through travel, and study overseas.
These days I don't bother with boyfriends. I'm happy to do my own thing, I don't feel the need to find a partner, just because it's what is expected of me, and I don't want kids, so there is no rush if/when I feel differently in the future. I like playing with my car, I like to travel. All of my hobbies are solitary ones.

I guess things don't work out for people so much these days because there are so many more options.
Back when you were limited to your local area, or social circle there were only a finite number of potential partners available. Now you can meet people on the other side of the world and fall in 'love' without ever leaving your house.

If the potential partners in your area/at work/socially are what you believe to be only a 5, you can go on tinder/grindr/okstupid and find someone you believe to be a 9 or 10.
If that relationship doesn't work out, then you can always go find another...

As for why teenage relationships don't usually work out, well they're still working out who they are, let alone what they want/need in a partner.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #6
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How else have you met your partners just intrested and also intrested to know why high school kids go through so many boyfriends or girlfriends these days and they rush it all
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #7
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Ok, now I just think we're being trolled.

I knew there was a reason the OP is on my ignore list, should have stuck with gut instinct.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

Old 14-04-2016, 04:15 PM   #8
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

I used to meet people at school. then I started meeting them at 21st parties, that moved on to meeting them at weddings.
now I meet people at funerals.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2016, 05:21 PM   #9
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
Ok, now I just think we're being trolled.

I knew there was a reason the OP is on my ignore list, should have stuck with gut instinct.

Wait, are you suggesting that your ex is behind this question, tormenting himself with trying to find out what you've been up to since you broke up?!?!?!

The rest of us may need popcorn...
TE2 #116
Build/Maintenance thread here.
www.fte.ford.com.au lives! 2001 2002
Add a T-series to the Registry HERE
Silver' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #10
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Haha, nope. He disappeared from here awhile back when he sold his Falcons.
We could check up on each other via facebook if that was the case.

Anyway, the random nature of the thread has been explained via PM.

2 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #11
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back when we were younger my partner was a check out chick at Coles, I remember going in there one day and spotting her and took a fancy. Figured I'd ask her out when I went through her register. Well I chickened out every time, I even went back a couple of times in a day but never worked up the balls to do it. Eventually she left and I never saw her there again.

A couple of years later I was going through a workmates Facebook and I see my check out chick in the photos. So I asked her who she was and said why I wanted to know. So my work mate put in a good word for me and eventually she added me on Facebook where she gave me her number and I gave her my best line and she agreed to come out to dinner with me.

Only took me 5 years but I asked her out eventually. The funny thing is her best friend also worked there and remembers me coming in so often.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #12
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Car10002, I would have assumed returnig the phone to factory settings is your answer. I'm an android guy, so I'm not sure how it one or if it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Back when we were younger my partner was a check out chick at Coles, I remember going in there one day and spotting her and took a fancy. Figured I'd ask her out when I went through her register. Well I chickened out every time, I even went back a couple of times in a day but never worked up the balls to do it. Eventually she left and I never saw her there again.

A couple of years later I was going through a workmates Facebook and I see my check out chick in the photos. So I asked her who she was and said why I wanted to know. So my work mate put in a good word for me and eventually she added me on Facebook where she gave me her number and I gave her my best line and she agreed to come out to dinner with me.

Only took me 5 years but I asked her out eventually. The funny thing is her best friend also worked there and remembers me coming in so often.
Isn't it ridiculous how timid we could be when younger? I remember going on a couple of dates with an unbelievably good looking girl. As fit as they get, skinny but shapely, face like a china doll. I stopped calling because I was intimidated by her looks.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #13
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm skeptical of divorce statistics.

For example, they just divide marriages by divorces. However, most people who have been divorced have already been through a couple of divorces previously.
One example in my own life would be comparing me and the missus with some friends of ours. I've been married for 33 years this year...yes yes, I know you'd get less for murder...
We know a couple nearby. The woman has been married three times, the man twice. So between them they have five marriages. If you do the stats, between them and us there are six marriages. That's a huge percentages of failed marriages! However, that doesn't take into account people with multiple marriages and divorces against people who have had the one marriage for ages.

An older example quoted many years ago was a hypothetical dinner party with the late Elizabeth Taylor and whoever her last husband was, and seven other couples. The other seven couples had all been married to the same person for over thirty years each, but Taylor had been married eight times (seven divorces).
At the table there are a total of 15 marriages, and seven divorces. Statistically then, nearly 50% of the marriages in that group had ended in divorce...a stat which is absolutely true, but doesn't reflect reality.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: