Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
Spinner77

Default Your policy on Paris Attacks thread

I have a real problem with your closing off this thread.

Care to offer an explanation?

Otherwise some us might like to complain to Ford, about bias, political correctness and a Lefty policy of shutting up ordinary punters.
Old 16-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default Re: Your policy on Paris Attacks thread

Your answer lies in the site's terms and conditions.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/announcement.php?f=2&a=2
Old 16-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

4 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #4
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Banning discussion about the biggest thing happening in the world right now, is a little strange
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Generally people are not good at discussing it without personal attacks.

This is a car site, want to talk politics then I am sure whirlpool will help you out.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post

This is a car site, want to talk politics then I am sure whirlpool will help you out.
bit cheeky dont you think?

just had a quick look at "The Bar" and hardly any of the discussions are about cars. I really not fussed either way, but thought i'd head over to this forum i love spending time on to see what others members are saying about this issue.
Old 16-11-2015, 11:57 AM   #7
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
Banning discussion about the biggest thing happening in the world right now, is a little strange
Most of us have been there long enough to know what and when to speak about things.
Old 16-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I put forward the suggestion that we have a political discussion section on the forum, thats hidden and is opt in.

So you have to message an admin to have access to the section where we can have these discussions, its not available unless you want in so you can't see it if you aren't involved.

Then we can all have at each other within reason that way without crapping up the main part of the forum.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #9
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

^^^^ waste of admin time IMO
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 16-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
^^^^ waste of admin time IMO
Obviously you only PM them once, they enable access to the section of the forum and thats it from there out.

Some volunteer mods to monitor it make sure the personal attacks aren't too serious.
Old 16-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
superyob
Banned

It's the personal attacks that get most closed. I am happy to argue any point without resorting to them, something that is not within the talents of a nameless few. Big Damo's idea has merit but as mentioned before it might be a lot of work to set up...

Maybe the 'Paris Attacks' thread was closed because Islam was mentioned? Moderators probably don't want any jihadists chewing on their tails...
Old 16-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #12
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Its kind of annoying because I would like to know what others on here are thinking about it. But Im not losing any sleep over it.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #13
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Regardless of anyone's views on this madness, i strongly doubt any of us have even close to a solution to it all?
Apart from our inhouse brainiacs that reckon nuke the entire middle east is the answer?
Hence, I can inderstand why it's pointless talking about it?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
6 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well for me at the end of the day its the break down in our society that has made all of this difficult. We dont talk to our neighbor like we should, we dont care for each other like we should, all these people conducting these acts must have friends/family etc that sense or feel something is not right with their own family members and nothing is said?

I dont think any war of any type will fix it, its what they want, its so conflicting because we should definitely as a global community help other countries that genuinely cannot rid themselves of such groups. But it just continues the cycle....

IMO breaking the cycle comes from within.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
5 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 01:28 PM   #15
Harrison

Political discussions concerning such tragic current events on otherwise innocuous websites can be extremely enlightening but until we can come up with a foolproof filter to exclude 'useful idiots' (who actually believe what their TVs and newspapers are telling them) and of course the ubiquitous hasbara trolls, hiding in dark places like malicious, vengeful cockroaches, they unfortunately just seem to create more outlets for the global corporate mafia to promote their divisive, warmongering propaganda, when all is said and done.

Old 16-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #16
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Political correctness is what will undo us all

This war cannot be won by playing fairly, as they are not playing by the rules. They are fighting a special kind of war, where they are able walk around without fear right in front of their enemies. Where they have freedoms & rights and are protected by the very country they plan to attack at a time when it suits them.

sad times ahead
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #17
Spinner77

Here are some ideas that might be considered.

1. An immigration pause. Our society is becoming less cohesive, not more.

Recall that the United States had a 40-year halt to immigration, ending in the 1960s. This enabled generations of immigrants to assimilate successfully. We have never done that. And the migrants in America before 1920 wanted to assimilate, unlike not a few today who just want to establish colonies.

Perhaps we kid ourselves a little in asserting the supposed success of multiculturalism, for a very simple reason — it has not been seriously tested yet.

The real story is that immigration is favoured by the Coaltion because it puts downward pressure on wages, and by Labor because new arrivals are likely to be dependent on government handouts, and so are forced to vote for them. Notice how neither side of politics wants to increase the qualifying period for citizenship.

2. Break the ban on free speech. I notice today that someone has been slammed for daring to suggest that while not all Muslims are terrorists, all the terrorists are Muslim.

On TV yesterday, our leaders seemed to exercise great care not to use the "I****" word. European leaders can talk of "Islamic extremism". Why can't ours?

3. There is a view discernible among some "experts", that we all are just going to have to get used to terrorist incidents like the one in Paris. I suggest a time will come when ordinary people will do anything — anything — to put stop to it.

I am reminded of something I read about Germany after WWI. Condidtions were so bad that one observer wrote that the German people would do anything to get out of the situation, even if it meant "voting for the Devil himself'.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2015, 01:55 PM   #18
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner77 View Post
I have a real problem with your closing off this thread.

Care to offer an explanation?

Otherwise some us might like to complain to Ford, about bias, political correctness and a Lefty policy of shutting up ordinary punters.

As already mentioned the site terms and conditions prohibit this type of thread.
Admin and Mods are people too, we mostly don't get to voice our opinions on anything as it can show bias. We do however discuss these subjects and watch the news like everyone else.

Generally we see two sides of any argument with opposing opinions causing heated arguments amongst the masses in a very short time. Something we can do without.

As far as complaining to Ford goes. This Forum has ties to Ford but is actually privately owned. Ford do not influence what happens here.
6 users like this post:
Closed Thread