Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
Pilko FNQ

Default Advice please. Secure car storage. Brisbane.

Hi guys,

I Will possibly be looking for secure storage for my XR8 in Brisbane, prefer north side. Will be for 11 months of each year for a three year period starting in the new year. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers Chris.
Pilko FNQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Advice please. Secure car storage. Brisbane.

I keep one of my cars at Kennards storage, I'm in Sydney but there used to be some that did it when I lived in Brisbane. You can either put it in proper single garage or some have small secure undercover carparks.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Inexpensive storage is around the Springwood area, but inexpensive means a dodgey area, less secure, older storage complex which will allows for a massive accumulation of dust, leaky roof, dampness and infestation from insects/vermin (been there done that).

Good storage is going to cost a lot more.

Why not sell the car, save on the storage, minimise three years of depreciation on the vehicle too.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
Pilko FNQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Inexpensive storage is around the Springwood area, but inexpensive means a dodgey area, less secure, older storage complex which will allows for a massive accumulation of dust, leaky roof, dampness and infestation from insects/vermin (been there done that).

Good storage is going to cost a lot more.

Why not sell the car, save on the storage, minimise three years of depreciation on the vehicle too.
Thanks Cheap, all valid points which make sense. If this goes ahead however it is for an OS work secondment so work should come to the party for some of the costs. Already will be selling three other cars and most everything else.
Pilko FNQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #5
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
I keep one of my cars at Kennards storage, I'm in Sydney but there used to be some that did it when I lived in Brisbane. You can either put it in proper single garage or some have small secure undercover carparks.
Ross, can I ask what you pay per week or month for storage there and is it a single garage or bigger?

thanks
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 12:07 PM   #6
nstg8a

I priced up storage King when I needed somewhere to store a car, and for a unit big enough for a falcon it was like $800+ a month.

Even outdoor storage, ( no roof, basically just part of the car park) was $200 a month.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 01:36 PM   #7
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been getting prices for a single garage storage shed @ Storage King as we need to store all our worldly possession once the lease on my house ends and we wait for our house to be built.

For a single garage (6x3m) we where quoted $91.15 per week... Would assume it wouldn't matter what you store in it so a car shouldn't be a problem??

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: