Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Who is the worthy winner of the 2005 Chop Comp??
Entry 1 7 11.11%
Entry 2 4 6.35%
Entry 3 6 9.52%
Entry 4 2 3.17%
Entry 5 13 20.63%
Entry 6 9 14.29%
Entry 7 10 15.87%
Entry 8 12 19.05%
Entry 9 4 6.35%
Entry 10 6 9.52%
Entry 11 9 14.29%
Entry 12 2 3.17%
Entry 13 2 3.17%
Entry 14 4 6.35%
Entry 15 3 4.76%
Entry 16 6 9.52%
Entry 17 4 6.35%
Entry 18 5 7.94%
Entry 19 7 11.11%
Entry 20 9 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default 2005 Chop Comp Annual Finalists

Good evening
The time has arrived.

After MUCH deliberation the shortlist of entries for the annual awards has been reached.

It was our original intention that this should be a 10 entry short list but such was the high standard of entries that we struggled to get down to the list of 20 we now have.

The images can be viewed HERE

Please take the time to review them and place your votes. Multiple selections ARE allowed in the poll. Voting will close on Sunday 19/2/06 so that the awards can be finalised for presentation at FPV Day this year.

As a reminder, the awards are as below:

Annual Award: As an incentive for consistency, we'll make an annual award which will be selected by popular vote but the finalist entries will be selected by the admin team.

1st Place - AFF Merchandise to the value of $200 plus a large bottle (9 Litres to be exact) of quality red wine with a custom label of the winning image. This will be similar to the one we presented to GP when he left as shown in the pic below.

2nd Place - AFF Merchandise to the value of $100 plus a medium sized (6 Litre) bottle as above including the winning image.

3rd Place - an AFF Shirt & Hat plus a smaller (3 Litre) bottle as above. This will be selected by popular vote but the finalist entries will be selected by the admin team.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

Just curious as to what the Annual award is for (i.e. is it for the best chop of 2005? or something else?) and are all chops throughout the year open for consideration, or only those that did not win the monthly comp?

the reason I ask is because I think there were many, many better chops than most of the 20 you have selected.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutura
Just curious as to what the Annual award is for (i.e. is it for the best chop of 2005? or something else?) and are all chops throughout the year open for consideration, or only those that did not win the monthly comp?

the reason I ask is because I think there were many, many better chops than most of the 20 you have selected.
... and that is your opinion.

If you read the actual thread that deals with the Comps you would note that the annual awards are open to all entries received during the year regardless of whether they won or not.

Someone (in this instance three people) had to make the selection in accordance with the stated guidelines and in 65 % of the eventual 20 chosen at least two people had nominated the entry indiviudually. A different group of 3 might well have made different choices but these ones have been selected and the rest is up to the voters.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Please people, take the time to register your vote for the chop of the year award. This competition has seen some amazing work throughout the year, & adds a fair bit to things. Take the time to view the entries & post your votes.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

Wow !! Thanks to all the people who did these as they are ALL Amazing.
You should all be proud of yourselves.
I have cast my vote, good luck to that person.
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some amazing work there folks, well done indeed to all entrants - top notch

voting looks close too so far

good luck all!
Old 15-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
big_pete
Sublime

some great entries peoples!!!
the chop comps are growing in strength each month! (both talent and numbers)
a big thanks to Wulos for his efforts in making sure everything happens each month

i dont know why 1 of mine is in there (wont say which one)
i thought it was crappy
but anyway...... :P
Old 15-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #8
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Very high standards there. Thanks to all the people who have entered in the chops. Without you guys we would not have this final 20. I have cast my vote and good luck to everyone.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post