Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2006, 03:21 AM   #61
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric XR6
Build quality is probably my biggest concern with Falcons. Panel alignment being the main thing. If Mitsubishi and Toyota can produce Magnas and Camrys that are built properly, why cant Ford do the same with the falcons?

I have to admit, the Territory seems to be put together pretty good though.
I dont mind so much that my doors dont line up, i just dont want to be able to feel and hear the driveline shunt on every 1-2, 2-3 gear change. :( Other than that, im happy.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #62
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9lives
Hey mate for the most of us that cant afford a new car every 3 years fords are top value when serviced regularly and looked after... if you want something deluxe take your 50k and go and get yourself a bmw or merc and go to thier forums and have a winge.

I guess we will now be referring to you as 8 lives as surely this has used up one of them. It’s not the right attitude to hold and certainly not the one to express in threads like this.

Buying second hand Euros (which I assume given the stated price) isn't the answer because more often then not they are getting close to an age where they are becoming susceptible to expensive repairs and today those repairs are expensive on a whole new level. While the car might have depreciated to where people with Falcon budgets can consider them their spare parts are still firmly in the 125k region they originated from.

Perhaps it time to start naming names. Its dangerous to take one side of these issues but the internet has created such an efficient medium that its not the people that participate in the discussion, its the hundreds of people that read threads like these with the aim of helping make that purchasing decision. It’s pointless for a car company to invest millions getting quality right if it all get undone during its first service or more on point, because prospective buyers reads stories like these.

In today’s environment it appears that buying a car has to include an element of after sales care and service in the decision making process. “I have made an investment, how far do I have to travel to maintain it and what condition does it return in from service” are all factors entering this equation.

People are prepared to drive across town to get it and in some cases move completely to another product. A new car is only new for a very small amount of time, but one has to live with the service and the trouble it creates on a more frequent basis.

Perhaps when we talk about what the next Falcon should have, front and centre to that debate is how Ford Aust can conduct millions of testing kms to pass cars that don't pass consumer expectations only to follow up with dealer service and attitudes that are similar to watching US TV productions of American Hot Rods.

I can guarantee one thing. Ford won’t return to market share ambition while both of these situations are rife in the consumer’s minds.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #63
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
The S15 was compromised for fat bastards that's true, but it was comfortable enough for me. It was the smallest car I would own without needing regular use of the jaws of life, however!!! The Golf is actually surprisingly comfortable and has a lot more room inside than you'd expect. It is a compromise as well, as I have banged on about ever since deciding to get it, all in the name of finance, and it is fulfilling its duties and then some. Every damn car is a compromise in many ways so if these don't match your requirements from it then you're in the wrong car
I guess as soon as I can afford a euro or jap car with the room of the domestics and a 5 + litre V8 ( yes, I am greedy !! ) then I'll consider it.. until then I am stuck with a Ford or Holden.
I could get a ricer of some kind.. I wouldn't mind an EVO IX but don't like the idea of insurance payments that match the lease payments.. WRXs .. too slow in a straight line for me ,, STis .. see insurance payments. Besides, they are not really suited to tall or large people unless you have a penchant for human oragami.
In the end... the Ford ( or Holden ) range is the only thing that satisfies MY requirements.. it doesn't have to satisfy anyone else's. :
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #64
RATT

A couple of great posts in this thread so far.

As someone who has been on both ends, as in being someone that was a buyer to now being a supplier of blue oval products, I think I can comment on this topic with a level head.

The build quality issues discussed are neither common nor large scale. However, they do occur. We are on these forums because we are enthusiasts, me included. So we will complain if we feel our car is not built to our standards. I wonder how many will post on a thread that's titled "Love my car/ my dealer"? Not as many as this thread will end up getting. It's something to do with humans loving chaos.

Regarding after sales service, this area can be indeed lacking. But what I see here is people comparing apples with oranges. You cannot fairly compare a Mazda dealer to a Ford dealer. Why you ask? Ford dealers will sell and service substancially more cars than the nearest Mazda dealer. Included in this for Ford dealers is servicing cars owned by fleet companies which often take priority as they usually service dozens of cars for very little profit.
Apprentice Ford mechanics aren't the best paid mechanics either. Why is this the case? Because dealers have to compete with the likes of Ultra Tune etc who don't have anywhere near the amount of overheads as a dealer. Not to mention other dealers as well, including other brands

Last edited by RATT; 12-02-2006 at 11:56 AM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #65
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

If Ford spent an extra 2 hours building every car you would probarly see alot of these customer concerns reduce by up to 50 %. Fair enough they have little control over external part suppliers with Diffs etc and gearboxs, but paint issues and panel allignment which is all done in house should be 100%, its not that hard and usually only comes down to a minor inperfection around the front hand right of the car where the guard and the door lines up, they can get it spot on but there are plenty of examples where they dont.

As for their paint, put an extra coat of clear over and these problems would probarly be reduced considerably to!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #66
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
I wonder how many will post on a thread that's titled "Love my car/ my dealer"?
Just yesterday on another forum that was a thread that came up. So i gave PWS a plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
If Ford spent an extra 2 hours building every car you would probarly see alot of these customer concerns reduce by up to 50 %.
If they spent 2 more hours on each car?!?!! You'd have to order them 2 years in advanced if thats the case. 2hours X HowManyCarsSold = long time.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #67
RATT

On the same token I think the level of service provided and the resulting disappointing results, some dealers do need a good kick up the backside. It's just not on.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #68
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
It's something to do with humans loving chaos.
Thats tops!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #69
9lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLAUTE
Done! rude bastard,
Sorry, i apologise that was a bit blunt...
All i feel about this issue is that wherever you go to buy your car, no matter what make it is... there are going to be little problems, wheather its servicing or build quality or whatever, but i cant see how you can blame ford as a whole for a bad service at a single dealership???
There are plenty of places around that will do a log book service for you.

I can imagine your anger at paying alot of money for your brand new car and having problems in the process...which you really shouldnt, but it does happen, thats life i suppose its no ones fault...

Sorry again for any insult i might have caused....
Old 12-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #70
9lives

[QUOTE=MrSparkle]20 posts and you're talking like this? What exactly are you contributing to these forums?

Im contributing my opinion.... but i must admit that in that case it was the wrong way to go about it, like i said im sorry about it and wont happen again :
Old 12-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #71
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch, Hope your happy with the new purchase (:

My family's always had great customer service from our Ford Dealer (: Kind of why dad bought 3 new cars from them (foci, au and fez). It's probably due to the dealers.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #72
YELLAUTE
old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9lives
Sorry, i apologise that was a bit blunt...
All i feel about this issue is that wherever you go to buy your car, no matter what make it is... there are going to be little problems, wheather its servicing or build quality or whatever, but i cant see how you can blame ford as a whole for a bad service at a single dealership???
There are plenty of places around that will do a log book service for you.

I can imagine your anger at paying alot of money for your brand new car and having problems in the process...which you really shouldnt, but it does happen, thats life i suppose its no ones fault...

Sorry again for any insult i might have caused....
No need to apologise for being blunt. I think however you missed my point. I am an old fart and have been buying Fords for a long time and have noticed a big change in the dealers here in Perth (three large well known dealers) in the last 3 to 4 years. I run a sucessfull business (30 odd years now) and I know how important customer service is to be sucessfull and in my opinion the ford dealers I have dealt with here in Perth have forgoton how important good customer relations is to their sucess. If I was the odd one out here (or had only found problems with only one dealer) I would say (like it has been said on these forums) - it could be my attitude or some other reason, however I am not alone and I have discussed this matter with many ford owners and wrote about the amount of cars I purchase and the amount of money I invest only to demonstarte how much some of us have at stake.

I contribute to these forums in the hope someone from FoMoCo takes a good look at this problem, in the short term and because of the frustration other members of my family (who do not quite obsess over Fords as I do) have with dealing with getting their low mileage Fords fixed and serviced the little Zetec Focus has been changed to another brand sports car (I still think the little Focus was the best car of its type - but I HAVE TO KEEP THE MISSUS HAPPY) Its second hand (because I couldn't afford a newie) and its euro and its red and she wears a smile - I do hope its a good thing long term and I am sure I can get her back into a Ford one day-.

I have had a lot of personell attacks over these posts ( My identity is obvious to some) some of the key people on these forums have vested interests including some of the sponsors so I do understand. I will finish with this post and zip the lips.

Cheers, Steve M.

"Old fartism" like "young d!ckheadism" is an attitude and lifestyle choice......

PX Ranger XLT 3.2 6sp Auto Super Cab
2012 Focus Mk2 Sport Manual
YELLAUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #73
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLAUTE
I have had a lot of personell attacks over these posts ( My identity is obvious to some) some of the key people on these forums have vested interests including some of the sponsors so I do understand. I will finish with this post and zip the lips.

Cheers, Steve M.
Mate don't do that. If nobody tells it like it is, the stupid apologists will win and Ford will keep patting themselves on their deluded back for yet another job well done and no need to improve. Current and future customers will lose and in turn that will only contribute to dwindling profits and subsequent financial pressure, ending in even more cost cutting and half-measures. :ymca:

<sarcasm>
So we can conclude by saying that yes, it's just such a great idea to defend Ford at all costs without any form of realistic feedback... :
</sarcasm>

Oh, and to those who have felt the need to launch personal attacks on Mr Ute, consider yourselves on notice. :
Old 13-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #74
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i dont notice any rattles in my AU, the tunes block out any noises
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #75
YELLAUTE
old fart

not worth the hassle

"Old fartism" like "young d!ckheadism" is an attitude and lifestyle choice......

PX Ranger XLT 3.2 6sp Auto Super Cab
2012 Focus Mk2 Sport Manual
YELLAUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post