Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Motorama Ford

Just a heads up for anyone in Brisbane who used to deal with Bryan Byrt Ford or Denmac Ford, the new dealership replacing both of them is Motorama Ford at Moorooka.

www.motorama.com.au/ford

1166 Ipswich Road
Moorooka QLD 4105 07 3426 7499

Most of the staff that many of you guys would have dealt with in sales at Bryan Byrt are now at Moorooka.

Ben Ruxton and Senior Hua are there running the show and will continue to look after anyone who they previously did at Bryan Byrt. Their showroom is up and going and ready for business.

Cheers.

2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default Re: Motorama Ford

Good to know.... Cheers
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2015, 06:33 PM   #3
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Q Ford have taken over Bryan Byrt Tingalpa and Mansfield too.
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

They aren't selling cars tho. Just service
Old 24-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea i should have mentioned that seeing they are only service centres anyway
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Certainly more appealing than the old Denmac yard that was on the magic mile.That was an embarrassment with the brand new Holden and Toyota yards across the road. The new FGX utes they have there look the goods.
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 11:57 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Motorama are going to build a brand new state of the art ford dealership
Old 25-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is good news.Are they going to use the old Denmac site? I spotted a few guys who looked like they were doing up some estimates there the other day.
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, where its located I believe they will build a new showroom.
Old 27-01-2015, 02:22 PM   #10
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Ford have some good product coming so they should do ok.

It will be a new place without the Falcon there.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have plenty of Falcons there at the moment, including a black XR8 auto still waiting for a home and a new XR6T White auto ute!
Old 28-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #12
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Motorama are really expanding!
It seems as though they now have most brands covered.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Motorama are really expanding!
It seems as though they now have most brands covered.
I would hazard a guess that they are now the biggest family owned Auto dealership in Queensland.

They are very good to deal with.
Old 29-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #14
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to know, thanks Smoke.. I was wondering who i would go see about an FGX XR6T... And ive dealt with Senior and Ben in buying my FG and my old mans Ranger...

Cheers

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #15
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
I would hazard a guess that they are now the biggest family owned Auto dealership in Queensland.

They are very good to deal with.
I bought my last new vehicle from them at Moorooka 19months ago. I found that they couldn't really give a toss until I said I wanted one to drive home that day! It was the very end of the financial year though...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I bought my last new vehicle from them at Moorooka 19months ago. I found that they couldn't really give a toss until I said I wanted one to drive home that day! It was the very end of the financial year though...
Who? Don't tar Motorama Ford with the same brush the guys that run it are very professional.
Old 30-01-2015, 11:24 PM   #17
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Who? Don't tar Motorama Ford with the same brush the guys that run it are very professional.
Well I hope that Motorama is better at servicing than Bryan Byrt Ford Mansfield. They where hopeless.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #18
PaulXR50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately, Blue Roo they don't seem to be.

Took the FGX xr8 in for complimentary service was told bout 1.5hrs.
But they also had to check alignment, 3.5 hrs later finally got out of there only to find alignment worse.

Took it back for another, still no good after 4.5hrs (incl extra 1hr for another check of w/align.) you think they get it right. I don't see why when they have the equipment they can't get alignment correct, lack of training maybe.

Also had issue with sync program, was told it was fixed. Which it was for a while but now is back to old way.(was told was a setting in the program, which we couldn't find, so that sounds bs)

Forgot to mention they wanted to charge me $70 for alignment, if alignment not right from factory why am i paying (as was explained to me by another person takes time for car to settle down so any misalignment won't be noticeable for a while), got them down to $35 for alignment.

Got the car back after alignment wheel not centred like wtf, why would you give a car back without wheel centred. Furthermore at no time did person doing alignment talk to me or take me for drive, just kept handing keys back to service rep. Now i have to go find someone who can do proper alignment so maybe $150 or so out of my pocket. Won't be seeing me again.
PaulXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #19
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate, you shouldn't have to go elsewhere, but you're crazy to take your car to them

try Fulcrum at Stafford

I haven't been there for a while but around 18 months ago they looked after me with good service and gave me the wheel alignment I asked for (bit more camber and castor) They actually know what they are doing.

given what you've paid for the car its not worth trying to save a few dollars by using Ford on the off chance they'll begrudgingly do it under warranty and the even less likely scenario in which they don't root something else of more significance while its there
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #20
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulXR50 View Post

But they also had to check alignment, 3.5 hrs later finally got out of there only to find alignment worse.

Took it back for another, still no good after 4.5hrs (incl extra 1hr for another check of w/align.) you think they get it right. I don't see why when they have the equipment they can't get alignment correct, lack of training maybe.

Also had issue with sync program, was told it was fixed. Which it was for a while but now is back to old way.(was told was a setting in the program, which we couldn't find, so that sounds bs)

Forgot to mention they wanted to charge me $70 for alignment, if alignment not right from factory why am i paying (as was explained to me by another person takes time for car to settle down so any misalignment won't be noticeable for a while), got them down to $35 for alignment.

Got the car back after alignment wheel not centred like wtf, why would you give a car back without wheel centred. Furthermore at no time did person doing alignment talk to me or take me for drive, just kept handing keys back to service rep. Now i have to go find someone who can do proper alignment so maybe $150 or so out of my pocket. Won't be seeing me again.
Surprised they didn't say you hit a pot hole or may have brushed a gutter,seems the excuse book for ford warranty is an encyclopedia.
kazawaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 08:12 AM   #21
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:

In this day and age that is terrible. When we get our Hilux serviced at Toyota, it is a capped price but they can't do enough for us. They make it impossible to want to take it anywhere else. That is service.......
Old 20-05-2015, 08:50 AM   #22
damo6
turbo pilot

[QUOTE=Shonky.;5399171

try Fulcrum at Stafford

I haven't been there for a while but around 18 months ago they looked after me with good service and gave me the wheel alignment I asked for (bit more camber and castor) They actually know what they are doing. [/QUOTE]

They aren't what they used to be,made a mess of my brand new at the time wheels with a rattle gun,and flogged the crap out of my car when they "test drive it" after getting work done. When Barry was there it was great as he was thorough and went out of his way now it just seems to be full of mechanical cowboys. The shop at moorooka is the place to go apparently.
Old 20-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #23
PaulXR50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the support/advice.
am on the Southside so will check fulcrum moorooka & have another place i can try.

btw I got an email of the alignment readings from motorama & they used the specs of an 2008-11 fg xr6 & fg xr6 turbo not an XR8 or gt-r spec (which is what the fgx 8 uses) so not sure if this is correct either, will find out today.
PaulXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #24
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo6 View Post
They aren't what they used to be,made a mess of my brand new at the time wheels with a rattle gun,and flogged the crap out of my car when they "test drive it" after getting work done. When Barry was there it was great as he was thorough and went out of his way now it just seems to be full of mechanical cowboys. The shop at moorooka is the place to go apparently.
Barry was the guy with the bung leg hey?

He was a champ.

I don't know why, but I had a feeling it wasn't quite the same, hence my comments that it was a while ago

Kicker is OP, word of mouth is your friend, and I think the Ford service branches are pretty much regarded as the worst of the lot.

Just because there is a Ford sign out the front don't think for a minute they are better placed to fix a Ford. The fact that they attract customers on that basis, and via the mistaken belief that warranty work will be done properly, is the only reason they have a business at all

When the milk is plainly sour, don't drink it
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #25
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

A lot of history there for the old Bryan Byrt name....

EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #26
paulb351

Quote:
am on the Southside so will check fulcrum moorooka & have another place i can try.

btw I got an email of the alignment readings from motorama & they used the specs of an 2008-11 fg xr6 & fg xr6 turbo not an XR8 or gt-r spec (which is what the fgx 8 uses) so not sure if this is correct either, will find out today.
I had trouble with my FG GT alignment, lack of adjustment so needed shiming. I'm southside. Had car back to Dealer three times to try and correct it without success.

Accurate Suspension, Timms Crt Woodridge did the work and haven't had any problems since, dodgy as with no fancy waiting room etc but the work is great.
paulb351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #27
damo6
turbo pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky. View Post
Barry was the guy with the bung leg hey?

He was a champ.
Yep that's him,even did some after hours work for me once,workshops with good work ethics are very hard to find these days
Old 21-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #28
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:

I get my alignment work done at Bob Jane's in Browns Plains. I'm not normally a Bob Jane fan but this place does excellent work. I get my new tyres fitted there as well. Tyres have always worn very well and I don't get the alignments done very often.