Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-01-2015, 05:56 PM   #31
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2017/18 Commodore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
And people wonder why I, among others bag Holden/GMH!
Looking at ford and Holden is like chalk and cheese right now.....and for the far foreseeable future!
The similarity is they are both two American brands fighting for relevancy in a market they are both losing.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep View Post
I prefer rear drive, but the writings on the wall - http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/150...-in-australia/
Jacoby also essentially admitted the imported Commodore would not be rear-wheel drive, instead relying largely on front-wheel drive, with four-wheel-drive models for some applications.

“I’m coming from a front-wheel-drive group – the VW/Audi Group [referring to his previous posting] – with this company we don’t believe there is a true disadvantage between a front-wheel-drive Audi, at the time, towards a rear-wheel-drive BMW,” he said. “You know that BMW is changing its entire C-segment vehicles to front-wheel drive?”

Up to a certain performance level I think he is probably right, front wheel drive cars can be very good, but I sure wouldn't like to see cars with XR6T, F6 and XR8 straight line performance being offered in front wheel drive.

I guess that if they use all wheel drive in future powerful Commodores then that would be very good, as long as the prices aren't too high.
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #33
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
i'm talking about the enthusiasts cars like XR6t, SS and so-on
This is not necessarily my opinion.
But the general public that buy cars don't care or wouldn't know whether its FWD or RWD.
They also don't see XR6T and SS drivers as enthusiasts.

Ill say this though as my opinion Holden will need to call something a Commodore to continue its sales, much more than Ford would need something called a Falcon
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Good to see the Holden execs already realise the only way they can sell it, is to confuse idiots by calling it Commodore.
One thing Holden know how to do is sell cars (well move units anyway). Ford has screwed up how many launches so far?
Old 16-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #35
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #36
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Whether the Holden team, or any other GM development team, get to turn the Avenir into a production car remains uncertain.

Batey, Reuss and Ammann all stressed it is currently strictly a concept.

"What it ultimately comes down to is a business case," Batey said. "And at this point in time we haven't even started looking at a business case. This was done, honestly, as an appreciation to show the world what we can do with Buick."

Reuss was equally cagey but didn't rule out the possibility of the Avenir making Australian showrooms wearing a Holden badge.

"There's no Buick in Australia so it would have to be something different in Australia. We'll see," he said.
This is stated as only being a concept at this stage and would need a business case etc for production but then he says it could come to Oz.

It does seem that GM/Holden have no idea what will eventuate given the seemingly constant conflicting stories by their various Executives,

They need to select a one voice spokesman and they need to make up their mind.

An Oct 2014 release and yes I know its our friend Dowling but Opel seem to also think they will be supplying the Commodore replacement and its ugly

However, the boss of Opel in Germany, Dr Karl-Thomas Neumann, all but confirmed the next Commodore would come from Germany when he told Australian media Holden will source “about one-third” of its cars from Europe in future.

“The Australian market and the Holden brand is important to General Motors,” said Dr eumann.

“It will be the responsibility of Opel to supply certain cars for Australia.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1227082071917
ozrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #37
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Anything can happen in the auto business. People change, ideas change, markets change, tastes change, prices change and the list goes on.

According to Wiki we're getting the Opel, which is the same model GM use for the Buick. So maybe the Holden design concept is in with a chance to be the new Opel Insignia update

Quote:
The Opel Insignia (from Latin insigne = the emblem/coat of arms) is a large family car engineered and produced by the German automaker Opel. Production of the Insignia began in 2008 as a replacement for the Vectra and Signum.[1] The vehicle is known as the Vauxhall Insignia in the United Kingdom, and as the Buick Regal in China and North America.[2][3] It is planned to be re-launched in Australia and New Zealand under the Holden marque in 2015.

especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crikey moses ! ................ is it just me ....... or from the rear door handles forward is there a striking resemblance to a mazda 3 ????????
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post