Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 
Default Samsung S-Drive.

Check out the link & the concept. Personally I think this is a great idea. Good on them for thinking outside the square...
In short - Road safety initiative. phone app that sets phone into a 'roadsafe' mode whilst driving, and rewards safe driving behaviours.
https://www.samsung.com.au/sdrive/
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Samsung S-Drive.

Only available in the Hunter region?

Are you people worse drivers than the rest of us or just more privileged
Old 13-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #3
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Hmmm now let me think for a second???

I "KNOW" I left that "BAN" button around here somewhere :p lol

j/k - I am glad that there are those out there putting some positive effort into road safety improvements(and whilst this is a trial only, and others are out there doing similar) I think it worth giving credit where credit is due. I am sure that we are all in agreeance that there are those out there that have the "punitive" education brigade have had a rather decent shake of it - who's to say this will be any less successful?
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Digging way, way back into my fading memory bank I think the Vic Police did something similar a long time ago.

They were pulling people up and giving them gold stars (or something) for good driving behaviour. As I wasn't living in Vic at the time I don't know what happened to that scheme.