Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
hotxr8
tickford boy

Question Passenger Side Air Bag

i have a 8/99 au I xr8 with drivers side air bag, does anyone know if a air bag will bolt striaght into the passenger side ( is the wiring there are the modules the same between sigle and twin air bag systems? ) i would think if the wiring harness plug is there it's ready to go. anyone know the answer?
thanks

hotxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm also interested to know this. I think there's a plug under the passenger seat as well isn't there, to sense if there's a passenger in the seat (otherwise the airbag doesn't go off)? Not too sure about this.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I honestly thought upmarket au1's had passenger airbags. i would assume the XR8's would come with that capability provided au1's did indeed have passenger airbags available. but imo an airbag is not something one would install if it didnt come with one from factory.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Worst case scenario though, it doesn't go off when you'd want it to, in which case, it's no worse than not having it.

Actually, I guess worst case is if it goes off when you don't want it to. But that shouldn't really happen.

Behind the panel that's there in my Fairmont there's a plug, which I presume is for an airbag.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
hotxr8
tickford boy

there std on the series 2 and i think they were an option on the s1 if you have a s1 fairmont with plugs in it so will my xr. so we need to check out the seat sensor (forgot about that, do they have it?) and the module. we had a brand new mazda mx5 here at work that was in a front ender and both bags went off but only had the driver in it so i'll have to check out the seat business. just getting my hands on a w/shop manual so i'll check it out.
Old 21-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
FTe_XR8
formerly "3x-puursui7"

yeh the series one were optional as i have one in my car, all the ex-cop cars have em apparently. havent seen any wiring or plugs for my passenger seat and i've swapped the seats from a black interior so i hope it didnt!

http://www.aufalcon.com.au/3x-puursui7
FTe_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The seat wiring is for the pretensionsers, it doesn't "sense" if there is anyone sitting in it.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #8
hotxr8
tickford boy

Default Re: Passenger Side Air Bag

got that all sorted, need to buy 4 x air bag cover clips from ford. the air bag bolted straight in with the bolts already fitted from the factory with the plug and harness using the same computer. remove fuse don't leave keys in ignition. took approx 5 min. series I do not have seat belt pretensioners or cables and plugs under the seat. easy job to upgrade.