Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down Re: Who said Police are on a Quota system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
Revenue should have never been tied to policing. Worst thing that can ever happen to the public.
The argument that asks an answer to the question ' if police are not collecting revenue' - then why not allow those fines to be funnelled to a charity of choice?'
I understand at times i speed , I fully acknowledge and understand the laws - and I understand the penalties in doing so - but to be caught( the manner by which you are caught) doing 63k's in a 60 zone and then fined $250 is what ticks me off.
The other night , out to dinner in a new area - we werent across the speed limit - with no signage
we took an educated guess given the location and wide of a double carriage way and opted for 70 k zone ... We then set along the road head buried in the instrument cluster doing 65k - then all of sudden - we spotted a un marked car recording your speed.
It was a 70k zone - so we were ok - however had we guessed wrong , we would have our picture taken and been $250 short.
Whats that all about - revenue - period . Rot they spin about saving lives is rubbish. They couldnt a **** - 63k is greater than 60k - so you pay.
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: