Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2014, 06:40 AM   #91
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Vfacts July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
They are very good at polishing turds (referring to their cheapy imports). Comparing the Fiesta website to the Barina website is depressing. Ford have managed to make their premium car look cheap, while Holden have managed to make their cheap car look premium.

Yes that really is depressing.

The Ford site is obviously designed and run by school children.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #92
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
Yes that really is depressing.

The Ford site is obviously designed and run by school children.
Nah, if kids designed it, there would be lots of racing stripes, flames shooting out the exhausts (eight of them), some cool bloke like Fonzie saying he ows this and a throng of people swooning around him and the car...

Now for those of you playing at home, google Fonzie.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #93
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought my Fiesta on specs alone, for the money it had the most power, best fuel economy, and best handling but i always got paid out for having high heel storage under the passenger seat so i sold it and bought a GT instead
very dissapointed with ford marketing! but they have their reasons...like p!ss the falcon off and start making money....
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #94
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I have a mate who's cousin works in the marketing company Ford use, and they hand them scripts and don't allow for any feedback, it's make it the way we want it and leave it at that. And most of the time they can't believe the crap Ford give them, they believe it is complete garbage but they just have to bite their tongues as Ford don't care what they have to say about it.

Working well fellas
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #95
olds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Loud_Noises;5184059]Nah, if kids designed it, there would be lots of racing stripes, flames shooting out the exhausts (eight of them), some cool bloke like Fonzie saying he ows this and a throng of people swooning around him and the car...

And all the clever people would be buying Fords in the millions and all the dumb people would be spending tens of thousands of their money on rubbish because they were tricked by clever marketing .
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #96
olds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Nah, if kids designed it, there would be lots of racing stripes, flames shooting out the exhausts (eight of them), some cool bloke like Fonzie saying he ows this and a throng of people swooning around him and the car...

Now for those of you playing at home, google Fonzie.
And all the clever people would be buying Fords in the millions and all the dumb people would be spending tens of thousands of their money on rubbish because they were tricked by clever marketing .
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 01:41 AM   #97
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
Aren’t they only stopping the manufacture of cars here?
If they’re still selling in this market even if it’s just imports wouldn’t they still need to advertise and market themselves?
If what you say is true and they only have one good product but the other rubbish models are still selling to the sheep then their marketing strategy must be working.
I don’t fathom how you can say a company is irresponsible for drawing attention to their brand.
You’ve got to spend money to make money.
Most people don't read car mags, they see something they like on the Tele or what the neighbour is driving.
Ford has to eventually start marketing itself otherwise how will the buying public know if the product exists let alone if it's any good or not.
I'm sorry but you don't have to listen or believe me.......SIMPLY do a quick search on how much debt Holden is in....( I'll give you a hint....it's twice fords and it's far more then a few hundred million dollars) .despite selling all these cars you mention. Must be a great company model is all I can say........
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 01:52 AM   #98
1TUFFUTE
Banned

I'd prefer to not blame ford for there lack of great marketing......and actually do my OWN research when buying a car. It's the second biggest purchase most people ever make.......and they'll do it these days on a thought."or a lame brief ad.
Why people settle for such a big commitment and end up in a garbage for eg Holden Colorado...instead of a ranger or amarok. They're a generation ahead. But sheep are sheep.

Holden is alive in aus barely.......due simply to sly big ad campaigns, and sheep.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #99
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I'm sorry but you don't have to listen or believe me.......SIMPLY do a quick search on how much debt Holden is in....( I'll give you a hint....it's twice fords and it's far more then a few hundred million dollars) .despite selling all these cars you mention. Must be a great company model is all I can say........

I couldn’t care less how much debit Holden is in or how good or bad their product is for that matter, all I’m saying is to trade your way out of debit you still need to continue marketing yourself otherwise you have no chance of turning it around.

There is no need to fire back with the fanboy Holden are crap on all levels argument when all I'm commenting on is the basic business tactic of continuing to push your product.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post