Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #1
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 
Default Superbowl 2005 ads

As Ford US are sponsoring the pre game entertainment for this years(this weekends) superbowl. They have prepared 2 advertisements to be shown(along with numerous other 'short grabs')
As most people would no doubt be aware - the US takes its superbowl ads quite seriously - so what have ford prepared then.
Ford isn't launching the high-profile Mustang Convertible until spring - for obvious reasons. But the Super Bowl's mid-winter timing provides a perfect context to illustrate just how difficult it is to resist the call of the road when you can drive a Mustang GT Convertible.
GREENLIGHT.
"Green Light" takes viewers to a stark, snowy landscape in the middle of nowhere. A red Mustang GT Convertible, top down, waits at the middle of an otherwise deserted intersection. The stoplight is green. A police car pulls up behind it and waits for the Mustang to move. The policeman sips his coffee, then after a few moments, gets out of his car. Ticket book and pen in hand, he walks up to the Mustang. He greets the driver with a "Hi, ho. Sir, you have a green light, you know."
There's no response from the driver, who continues staring straight ahead with a happy smile on his face. He's wearing sunglasses and is dressed in a bright Hawaiian shirt. The policeman taps him on the cheek with his pen. When it clicks against his skin, the policeman pries the sunglasses from the driver's face - he's frozen solid. The voiceover tells viewers, "You just don't introduce a convertible this irresistible in the middle of winter. Coming this spring, the 2005 Mustang Convertible." The 60-second spot ends with Ford's new divisional theme line, 'Built for the Road Ahead.' "Mustang is an iconic brand that requires iconic advertising that's head and shoulders above the field," says Marty Collins, general marketing manager, Ford Division. "You can't do a traditional ad for a car like this."
- and this -
Ain't Goin' in There
Are you tough enough to challenge F-Series? The familiar Western shoot-out scenario gets a clever new twist in this 60-second spot that shows 'Built Ford Tough' not only applies to Ford trucks, but to their drivers, as well.
ROADHOUSE.
"Roadhouse" begins on a desert highway as a coyote runs across the road. A family of four riding in a sedan tries to appear calm and nonchalant as a convoy of rough, menacing looking motorcycle riders advances on their vehicle. The gang passes the sedan on both sides, with riders pausing briefly to grin at the passengers in the car holding their breath.
The gang pulls up to a roadhouse and stops. The lead rider puts his boots to the ground, removes his sunglasses and stares toward the roadhouse. His expression changes. We see the riders appearing more timid as they size up several Ford F-150 and Super Duty truck grilles 'staring' back at them menacingly. "I ain't goin' in there," says the leader. "Salad bar's better up the road," says another rider. The gang rides off. When the dust settles, viewers see a lineup of eight Ford trucks parked out front of the roadhouse as the voiceover says, "We don't just make our trucks tough - we make you tough." The 'Built Ford Tough' tag punctuates the ad.
"Only F-Series could do an ad like this," says Collins. "No one besides America's undisputed truck leader could credibly send the same kind of message on toughness."
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #2
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

No half time Boobies this year?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 09:18 PM   #3
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
No half time Boobies this year?
Well said.

As for the Ford ads, where are pics or movies? word never do it alone.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Some interesting facts about the F series....
The Ford F-Series is in a league of its own at the top of the automotive game. It has been the best-selling truck in America for 28 consecutive years and the best-selling vehicle for 23 years in a row.
-Ford F-Series recently topped its own all-time truck sales record by selling an incredible 939,511 units in 2004.
- During the last 25 years, F-Series has been the only nameplate in the entire automotive industry to sell more than 800,000 units in a year in the U.S.
-Today, Ford sells about one F-Series truck every 34 seconds. With its annual sales volume topping what many companies achieve for their entire product lineup, F-Series continues to be the industry benchmark for trucks.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:49 AM   #5
Franky
Bring back the Phase

you can check the ads out on the 6th here: http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl

until then you'll have to be patient :p
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 12:55 AM   #6
Franky
Bring back the Phase

interesting stories reguarding Ford's superbowl ads...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advert...d_x.htm?csp=34

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins.../A01-68309.htm

$9 million for 2 minutes of footage :

Last edited by Franky; 05-02-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:01 AM   #7
Dez
Banned

they sound like mad ads, cant wait to see em
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #8
wulos
Forum Director

As seen on Detroit news website...
Old 05-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
Dez
Banned

is it still the 5th in america? the new videos aren't available on that site yet....
Old 05-02-2005, 06:56 PM   #10
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

It's only just struck midnight going from the 4th to the 5th in most states.
Superbowl sunday 6th will be like midnight sunday here.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #11
Franky
Bring back the Phase

the mustang convertible one is pretty clever, I do want to see the F series one though it sounds like it'd be pretty funny.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #12
wulos
Forum Director

superbowl will be played monday mid-morning our time between the Patriots & the Eagles...
Old 05-02-2005, 11:31 PM   #13
Dez
Banned

will have to wait till then to see these ads then :(
Old 06-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #14
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Well I had a preview of the commercials on Wednesday, they're not bad

If i get some webspace I'll put them up
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:46 AM   #15
Hawk
I am The Brain!

They sound like brilliant ads! The Mustang one more-so than the F-series....but they are great. Now all I want to do is see them!

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:50 AM   #16
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

I'll have them up here in a few minutes Hawk.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #17
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Mustang Video

F-Series Video

Last edited by RPO83; 06-02-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #18
Dez
Banned

thanks for that RPO

thats the kind of ads ford aus needs....not the pussy shit they spin out lately...

those are great and that convertible.....wooooooh
Old 06-02-2005, 03:13 AM   #19
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Both adds are pretty damn good.
Each year/model there is obviously a budget to promote a car its a shame that budget is often wasted on stupid adds. Fords salesmen adds were wasteful. I like the add we have for the ford (F-series??) trucks where he pulls a b-double out of the mud then offers them a chamois.

Last edited by JADED6; 06-02-2005 at 03:44 AM.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #20
wulos
Forum Director

:( the vids are missing the ends of them.....
still a good tease though!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:40 PM   #21
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
:( the vids are missing the ends of them.....
still a good tease though!

they were fine for me....did you get them off that site, or download them from RPO, in the post above....
Old 06-02-2005, 07:44 PM   #22
my gt
Extreme Machine

good stuff they sure know there car ads
my gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #23
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Thanks for that Luke....there is no doubting your quick work on things of this nature.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post