Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Ford workers face bleak Christmas

I'd expect engines to carry over virtually unchanged bar some minor wiring stuff etc. They won't want to have to get them emission compliant and certified again.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #32
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Engines will be the same but expect more then less... LOL.

Blind spot assist, LED day time running lights, adaptive cruise control and Sync are some of the things that come to mind....
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #33
zilo
BANNED

I predict there will be no change whatsoever with a change in government.

The FBT issue will not help sales of Falcon, Tony Abbott at the peoples forum in Geelong, which I attended, basically wrote off all but the Territory....which he said was exportable in huge quantities and should be the main focus for FA....(yeah, right).....
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

The FBT issue will not help sales of Falcon, Tony Abbott at the peoples forum in Geelong, which I attended, basically wrote off all but the Territory....which he said was exportable in huge quantities and should be the main focus for FA....(yeah, right).....
Whats the government supposed to? Keep giving Ford and Holden hand outs.

The Territory is a world class car (missing a few things).

They should either export it or continue building it elsewhere.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #35
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No tweaks/changes to engines/mechanicals would be a turn-off for me … I was hoping to update late 2014/early 2015, but if there is no noticeable mechanical changes then I will probably shop elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I'd expect engines to carry over virtually unchanged bar some minor wiring stuff etc. They won't want to have to get them emission compliant and certified again.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

There are no markets where Territory could be expoted to that don't have import tax barriers.

Ford has come out and said that Falcon sales are lower as a direct result of the FBY changes,
Territory is also affected too because novated lease sales of Territory are also liable to FBT.

The recent FB changes were just the last straw, the statutory limits were all raised to 20% back in 2011,
a repealing of all those changes would be good for all local car makers, not just Ford.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #37
Cuyper

I still don't think Ford have any intention to release the FH, Until someone sees the tooling being made I reckon it's all smoke and mirrors to keep the public mildly happy before the long since planed Falcon cut off at the FG
Cuyper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo

There will be some change, Ford have a heap of lease vehicles they have build for execs sitting there waiting to go out, plus they had quite a few cancelled orders. It may not be the massive surge will all hope for but there will be some improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
No tweaks/changes to engines/mechanicals would be a turn-off for me … I was hoping to update late 2014/early 2015, but if there is no noticeable mechanical changes then I will probably shop elsewhere.
There will be driveline changes and aero tweaks, they are what they have done to improve economy. Did you expect them to make engine changes for just 2 years, when it costs a fortune to make them emission compliant and certified?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuyper View Post
I still don't think Ford have any intention to release the FH, Until someone sees the tooling being made I reckon it's all smoke and mirrors to keep the public mildly happy before the long since planed Falcon cut off at the FG
I'd say there is no stopping it now, the launch teams are close to being selected.

The question is how long it will be on sale for, not wether it happens or not. Tooling is basically ready to go to start making the prototypes soon.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #40
Rodge
Banned

I was having a look on the ZF site some time back and noted they claimed the ZF HP28 box has much faster shift times and is about 3% more fuel efficient than our present ZFHP26.

That and a few percent by adding underbody panels as per Ecoboost Falcon and maybe low roling resistance tyres on some models and I reckon they could easily be 5-6% more fuel efficient overall which wouldn't be a bad thing.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I think Ford have said 7-8 % is their target.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #42
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was not expecting them to release any new engines, but I was expecting them to update the existing engines along the same lines as they did with the BF-FG update.

I was hoping the I6 could be improved in power, efficiency, and NHV terms from various small updates and enhancements … Similarly the V8 can be improved with some newer mustang parts and a proper implementation of the Exhaust side variable timing (the bit that was disabled), ets … and already know an updated gearbox will be fitted, it would be interesting to see if paddle shifts make their way into the Falcon.

On the suspension side I’m hoping for performance improvements from readjustment of the shocks/springs/ets type work, like what was done for the VF …

I guess from my perspective that’s what would constitute sufficient mechanical updates/improvements …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
There will be driveline changes and aero tweaks, they are what they have done to improve economy. Did you expect them to make engine changes for just 2 years, when it costs a fortune to make them emission compliant and certified?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #43
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They are being made right now.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #44
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32 View Post
They are being made right now.
Can i ask Why will it take 12 months to gt it in to dealers? It's just a mild upgrade, surely shouldn't take that long for testing. As for suppliers, its not like they plan on selling 3000 falcons a month.
Thx
Old 09-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #45
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MAking a car is super complex, especially sheet metal upgrades. And contrary to popular opinion, everything is tested and re tested again. As for release date, I believe that is still to be confirmed?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #46
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

I don't know about others but I'm going to miss that much maligned, criticized inline six. It's one helluva engine.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #47
jamies

Got to love some of the negativity in this forum... I work in the motor industry and it's not all doom and gloom, it is what it is and for us that work in it you just adjust to the market the best you can. I talk to other dealers all the time,as I've said in another topic. I was in at ford getting my car serviced and the advisor I was talking to has been with ford for 20 years. He said service and sales in his dealership are strong and they haven't been relying on falcon/Fpv for ages. The smaller mix of cars has left them in a good position to move on after falcon is finished. This dealer is a fair size too.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #48
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Don't confuse the motor industry such as vehicle & parts supplies/sales with that of the motor 'manufacturing industry'.
Those involved in the automotive manufacturing game know what I mean.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #49
jamies

Geez poor you mate, you guys aren't the only ones doing it tough.. Plenty of business are going under. Some of you need to think of positive things to write. Shouldn't matter if its parts, vehicle sales or manufacturing. Losing a job is losing a job.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #50
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Haha, confused perhaps, in one breath you question negative comments quoting not all doom & gloom, and in the next you quote you guys aren't the only ones doing it tough.. Plenty of business are going under.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #51
jamies

[QUOTE=fte50;4876980]Haha, confused perhaps, in one breath you question negative comments quoting not all doom & gloom, and in the next you quote you guys aren't the only ones doing it tough.. Plenty of business are going under.[/

Ha ha what ever.... Got to love a keyboard know it all.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #52
concord

I'm sure these workers are still being paid generously, nothing to worry about.
concord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #53
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Workers on the production line this month may disagree with you...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #54
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Workers on the production line this month may disagree with you...
I hope your info is good mate.
The FH is my last chance to buy a new Henry and all I'm getting here is conflicting info. Outright statements that the FH will never happen and inside whispers saying it is happening.
All I want is for someone to show an FH in the flesh. As long as I know with certainty it's on the way a new xr8 will be in my driveway.

I'm sick and tired of being treated like a mushy. I've got the money to spend, just give me some confidence the car will be available.

Surely this is what will give the production people there next pay cheque.