Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #31
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 
Default Re: SA: dangerous driving on private property

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
It was an accident.
Wrong.
There are no accidents in today's society, only incidents. Somebody must be blamed and accountable.

It wont be long before the utopia civilisation is a reality. All traces of freedom and individuality will be wiped out. We will all be living in a Demolition Man type setting with the 3 sea shells. Speak up and have your say whilst you still can.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Yes it was. There is a problem with our society that we are always trying to blame and exact punishment after any situation where someone is hurt.

The world as a dangerous place and tragedies happen and no amout of bureacracy, legislation or cotton wool is ever going to change that.
Yes, quite true.
but isn't amazing that once a car or a fire arm is involved, it seems to give politicians and vengeful media the right to
jump to conclusion and convict every similar activity with negativity and fear that every situation will end in tragedy.

Media and politicians always see things in black and white until their own indiscretions are aired in public....

My opinion is that there is already sufficient legislation to cover such situations without the need for more draconian legislation.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #33
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey, they add every death or injury that occurs off-road on private property accident into the "road toll" figures...why wouldn't they start charging people with stuff...

One of my favorite things...too many people think that they actually own their property and can do what they like there..."my home is my castle".

No it isn't.
You're just minding it for the local council or state or federal government until they decide to pass some laws or resume it for something or other. Look at the people who lived in houses for fifty years or so down the Gold Coast and who were kicked out under compulsory acquisition to build a motorway. Look at the farmers who have had land taken away for mining (usually gold) or who suddenly find permits for mineral exploration have been granted over parts of their land. Then there's national parks.

"I'll demand a million bucks!"...no you won't...you'll take "fair market value" and get out. "I'll stand my ground! They won't get me out!"...no you won't...the cops will turn up and take you away.

Your home isn't your castle, your land isn't your own, you can't do what you like there with no consequences...

...sorry...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #34
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Hey, they add every death or injury that occurs off-road on private property accident into the "road toll" figures...why wouldn't they start charging people with stuff...

One of my favorite things...too many people think that they actually own their property and can do what they like there..."my home is my castle".

No it isn't.
You're just minding it for the local council or state or federal government until they decide to pass some laws or resume it for something or other. Look at the people who lived in houses for fifty years or so down the Gold Coast and who were kicked out under compulsory acquisition to build a motorway. Look at the farmers who have had land taken away for mining (usually gold) or who suddenly find permits for mineral exploration have been granted over parts of their land. Then there's national parks.

"I'll demand a million bucks!"...no you won't...you'll take "fair market value" and get out. "I'll stand my ground! They won't get me out!"...no you won't...the cops will turn up and take you away.

Your home isn't your castle, your land isn't your own, you can't do what you like there with no consequences...

...sorry...
It is at once both sad that almost no one realises this and impressive how govco has managed to keep this fact so well obscured.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #35
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

That is why Govt. don't want a Bill of Rights for the people
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #36
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Only one thing for it.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #37
Trump
bitch lasagne

^ Needs more pitchforks...
Old 16-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #38
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

People power is where the real power resides. We just don't realise it and its to much like hard work.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #39
Trump
bitch lasagne

^ The powers-that-be count on the masses being oblivious to the fact above.
Old 16-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #40
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
It's a few years ago now but a friend of the family let his teenage son go to his friend's home on a Farm in central Queensland.
the two boys were allowed to drive an unregistered car on the block even though both were under ages and unlicensed.

The unthinkable happened when the car rolled and killed one of the boys while the other was trapped in the car.
The ensuing Coroner's inquest was gut wrenching with the very real potential that an under aged boy could
possibly be charged with manslaughter of his best mate, and the parents also charged.

Fortunately, things worked out for the best but I can tell you, there were some sleepless nights until the future was certain.
It's a terribly tragedy, but people accidentally kill their mates all the time. You can't just ban something as soon as 1 person is injured or killed out of millions doing it every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
They just want to stop paddock bashing, farm hooning and mudding, which are such a deadly pastimes.
Yes. Keep all vehicle use on the road where we are safe.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #41
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

so if i am driving on my private property like an absolute idiot
my wife is in the car and pleading with me to be sensible, but i choose not to listen
and either through driver error or mechanical failure, maybe just because my paddock bomb is not up to a safe standard, i crash and kill her

should i just walk free
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #42
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67 View Post
my wife is in the car and pleading with me to be sensible, but i choose not to listen
and either through driver error or mechanical failure, maybe just because my paddock bomb is not up to a safe standard, i crash and kill her

should i just walk free
Your own conscience will imprison you for life should that happen. And its a worse prison than one with physical bars.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #43
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Your own conscience will imprison you for life should that happen. And its a worse prison than one with physical bars.
so i should walk free then

i do agree that for most people the mental anguish would be worse than jail - but that isn't the point

we all hear about how people should be responsible for their actions, but that only seems to be for the victims that don't survive
the people who cause the heart ache don't seem to be taking any responsibility for their actions
Old 16-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #44
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67 View Post

should i just walk free
Did you force your wife to get in the car or did she volunteer?

Will this punishment bring your wife back to life?

Maybe we should just shoot you right now just in case you do this one day.........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #45
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh my God! A wayward lorikeet flew through my garage today and slammed into the back window, breaking it's neck and killing itself.
I'm now fearful of being charged with callous disregard for not leaving the window open and spending years in jail for my obvious lack of responsibility towards community safety.
I'm pleading no case to answer cos the Gummit didn't tell me to leave the window open.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #46
gtxb67

Quote:
Did you force your wife to get in the car or did she volunteer?
not sure what the relevance is - if she climbed in the car expecting it to be driven in a safe manner, then she is not to blame for volunteering to get in

Quote:
Will this punishment bring your wife back to life?
of course it won't - but does that give me a free license to be a total moron and take her life
13 and 3 days ago, some idiot pushed my mate into a pole. i didn't care what sentence he got - be it nothing, 15 minutes, 15 days, 15 months (which he got) or 15 years - i personally did not care, because no sentence could undo what happened, but shouldn't there be consequences for dangerous acts

Quote:
Maybe we should just shoot you right now just in case you do this one day.........
maybe we should just let everyone do what they want - after all it is everyone else that needs to be responsible, not the person doing it
let them carry loaded guns around, if some one gets shot that is their fault
let them do what they want in cars, if some one gets killed or maimed, that is their fault too
maybe i can just swing my butterfly swords around in a busy shopping centre - it sure as hell won't be my fault if someone is dumb enough to walk into them. after all they did volunteer to walk into the shopping centre
Old 16-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #47
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So where do's personal responsablty ever come in to play?
This never cease to amaise me as the government, fun police and those minority do gooder groups. Who try to save humanity and the world by playing God, Superman or Big Brother.
These people DO NOT HAVE ANY COMMON SENSE and they come up with these stupied laws and ideas.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #48
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
Where do they draw the line between protection and govt meddling? don't forget race tracks are private property.
So if I run over you in a shopping centre carpark, I should get off scot free?
What about other crimes committed on private property?
Old 17-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #49
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

Some people here are missing the point all together. This is about erosion of our rights. Well the very limited rights that we do have and believe me we don't have that many. Causing death is causing death and whether it is in your back yard in the sky under the ocean or on the golf course it is investigated regardless. And there are always consequences for your actions take a look at just how much power the police have over you.
GTP-RPD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #50
Kevxr8Leexr6

Thought we already had an agency covering primary producers from 5 acres up. workcover investigate accidents already whether it be any accidents on a working property. as it is deemed a worksite.
Kevxr8Leexr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #51
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
So if I run over you in a shopping centre carpark, I should get off scot free?
What about other crimes committed on private property?

Shopping centre car parks are covered by the road rules in the same way that private roads, bridges or tunnels that are open to public access are.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #52
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would be a good Idea if you actually read the associated article instead of posting based on assumptions born out of emotion.
there was a death and the driver got off because it was on private property. this is about closing a loophole that currently exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-RPD View Post
Some people here are missing the point all together. This is about erosion of our rights. Well the very limited rights that we do have and believe me we don't have that many. Causing death is causing death and whether it is in your back yard in the sky under the ocean or on the golf course it is investigated regardless. And there are always consequences for your actions take a look at just how much power the police have over you.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #53
jonesyedxr6

..next i'll have to register all my farm bombs. Something tells me the old rally girl monty (xf fairmont) wont pass a safety inspection!
jonesyedxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #54
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
I would be a good Idea if you actually read the associated article instead of posting based on assumptions born out of emotion.
there was a death and the driver got off because it was on private property. this is about closing a loophole that currently exists
I have read the story.

Do you have a transcript of the case and the courts finding? I dont.

So no assumptions and no emotions with me sport just a concerned citizen over the potential for big brother to tell me, you and everyone else what you can and cant do within reason of course.

Again there are laws in place to cover this sort of thing, well here in SA anyway.
GTP-RPD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #55
opto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The law is typically a broad based law, similar to the so called " Bikie Laws" where in the bikie laws DO NOT STATE it applys to bikies, It applies to groups of people.

The Dangerous Driving law on private property DOES NOT STATE Dangerous driving causing injury/Damage or death.

So in this case, the Government /SAPOL could utilise this law in a multitude of ways to not only enter private property without consent and accuse any driver of "Dangerous driving", whatever that classifies.

As others have stated, this is an invasion of Privacy by the government, Without a Bill of Rights, which the government will never give the people, we will no longer have privacy, and this will become a starting point where a decay of Privacy and Rights will continue. As far as I am Concerned, the only way to get access to the Constitution to "Combine a Bill of Rights is by what is called a Citizens Initiated Referendum to make changes to the Constitution. But the government will never allow this. Never consider yourself FREE, because the government controls your rights.

Just practicing with the Tazer on a Koala?
opto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: