Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Default How about a new section: For Lemons?

Just a thought, seeing as though AFF is a great research resourse, perhaps a section for lemons? Purley for new car purchases, still under warranty, and keep going back for ongoing problems.

Mods to ensure threads are appropriate, posters to only give examples of actual problems that have been confirmed by the dealership, not just general whinging.

Think its a good idea?

Old 08-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How about a new section: For Lemons?

this would be better in the site support area

but in saying that I dont think that russ or the rest of the admin would make a section just for the topic

but I could be wrong as thing do happen

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

although the idea has some merit and would be used properly by most members there are the usual morons on this site who would destroy it in a matter of days

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
8 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed

the problem would be the modoration required to keep it for actual lemon issues not just winging and wineing

AS some one who has had a lemmon, I think it would be good for the poor sods who have one to back them up with the dealer though

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 08-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

2 problems...

1, Do we really want a thread full of new Ford horror stories, its bad enough around here sometimes without providing them a directory of **** to sling at Ford.

2, For all the non Ford stories the old 'shoulda bought a (insert Ford offering here)' would be par.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i is heard the BA was a lemon.. mine has been fantastic..

true story.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
sbcb
BA Xr8

No need this site is about ford support, dog and lemon guide is for that sort of thing and even then you can save the purchase price and just assume every car in the world is a piece of crap unless its a Toyota Camry lol.
Every car has factory/build issues (as any other make forum will attest to) and we already have the known probs threads.
We need more why my ford rules threads.
My Ford List - AU1 Futura, AU1 Cobra XR8, EB Gli Project Car, AU2 XR8 200kw, AU1 Fairmont Ghia VCT, AU1 V8 Tickford Fairmont Ghia, BF Xr6 6spd ZF, BA MkII XR8, AU3 Fairmont, SX Territory, AU3 Xr8 220kw, BA Xr8.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Boomerang
Banned

It would probably work better over on LS1.com
This user likes this post:
Old 08-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Fair enough, not a practicle idea. In a previous thread (about the Territor vs Jeep) members suggested i should feel free to detail my experience there, for the benefit of others. If i did, it would be a very long post, and i was worried others would think i was hijacking the thread contrary to the original thread.

So was not sure how/where to post it..........or if it is worth doing so anyway?
Old 08-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Fair enough, not a practicle idea. In a previous thread (about the Territor vs Jeep) members suggested i should feel free to detail my experience there, for the benefit of others. If i did, it would be a very long post, and i was worried others would think i was hijacking the thread contrary to the original thread.

So was not sure how/where to post it..........or if it is worth doing so anyway?
You have to be very careful when you start writing what may considered defamitory statements on an Australian forum covered by Australian law.

Remember just because something is true or appears to be true from your point of view does not mean that it is not defamation.

General remarks will mostly be overlooked as in "my crappy jeeps wheels keep falling off and no one cares" but a specific statement such as "my 2011 Jeep Wondertruck Mk2 I purchased from "Jeeps'r'us 4 Doubleyoudee Rd Dirttrackborough 9176 Ph 1800-DOOFDOOF is crap because Fred Frootloop the owner did not care when all of my wheels fell off and told me to get stuffed" will draw a whole world of hurt.

If, on the other hand, you were to start the thread with you real name, real address, real phone number and real vehicle details with a disclaimer that this was your personal opinion and nothing to do with AFF and all those who commented did the same then you should be ok......
Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

There are the "What problems are you having with your B, F etc series!" threads scattered around the place. Also peoples are free to put up threads if they have issues pertaining to what ever they drive be it Ford/Holden or otherwise. If they are not model specific then they can go in the Pub usually and threads like a Terry vs Jeep comparison would fit in that section quite well.

As far as the negative threads go, its more the ones that are basically "AU's are crap and ugly because that's my opinion and I can say what ever I want and don't care if I upset all AU drivers ... " type threads/posts. But on the other hand discussing real problems and not generalised rubbishing of other peoples cars have always been very acceptable.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
Boomerang
Banned

Well said.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Found the lemon section

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/

Last edited by AU1XLS; 08-03-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Saw what you did there AU1XLS

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Wow...i need to update lol...

The ED was a good car though :-(

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 08-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Wow...i need to update lol...

The ED was a good car though :-(
Still is
Old 08-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #17
Itsme
Experienced Member

Do not see any useful purpose for a Lemon section for people raving on about dud vehicles, maybe a help section for those who need assistance to contact relevant Authorities for their problems would be more beneficial.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #18
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have too laugh at people that call AUs lemons!! AUs weren't lemons. its funny thou. people rubbish AUs and yet have never owned one let alone driven one. same as the BAs. we had a BA futura. had a few niggly little things wrong with it. (nothing major) but it never left us stranded on the highway. I seen the old futura the other day. looked a bit sad seeing a dent in the rear guard :( oh well I guess not our problem. I love saying "have you driven one??" when someone bags a car out!!! I think just asking people for honest opinions from people that own the type of car and what too look out for is the best way. thou unfortunately you get the clowns that rubbish something they hate and have no idea about it
Old 09-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #19
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i actually thought the op was suggestion in the for sale section for lemons and old bombers

man was i way off
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #20
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
i actually thought the op was suggestion in the for sale section for lemons and old bombers

man was i way off
lol I could just picture some of the comments if that was the case!!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
Boomerang
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
have too laugh at people that call AUs lemons!! AUs weren't lemons.
Actually the yellow ones running around Melbourne DID look a little bit like lemons.

And if there wasn't a stupid law about how old a taxi could be then there'd still be most of them around today - they certainly held together a lot better than the two models that followed.
This user likes this post:
Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #22
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only problem I can see it will turn into a dealer bash. So many people in this forum love to bash Ford dealers and the Ford product.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #23
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Ok, i get the hint. Time to lock thread Mods?