Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default ACCC Warns Motor Vehicle Industry

What do you think of this?

Is this something the ACCC should be doing, or is it a 'common sense issue'?

Or is this another case of bureaucracy trying to 'idiot proof the world'?

I've always known that advertising is just a means of getting people in the front door, so I never believe all that I read and I'd be very surprised if anyone went into a yard expecting to get exactly what the advert mentions (they normaly want more :voldar02: )

especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
I've always known that advertising is just a means of getting people in the front door, so I never believe all that I read and I'd be very surprised if anyone went into a yard expecting to get exactly what the advert mentions (they normaly want more :voldar02: )
Problem with that is why should you waste your time going to a dealer if they lie in their ad. I don't want to waste half a day driving over Sydney to see a car advertised for x dollars only to find out they don't even have that car or it is a magical new price.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #3
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Always,always always read the fine print, and never believe the first price you see.
Old 22-12-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Always,always always read the fine print
Got that right.
Leaving just one word out of a contract cost me my $500 deposit on a Sprint a few years back....

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
jmc-007

Some of them are down right aresehols and should be treated as such. I hope the ACCC puts the full force down.

but then on the other end of the stick you have the nice guys. I.e ratt and the other forum sponsors.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2005, 01:06 PM   #6
Nappa
Impressive...

its totally crap how some dealerships do that, calculating the on road costs isnt always easy beacause different dealers charge differnt delivery costs and when you add stamp duty and LCT into it its even harder, thats why we (Strapp Ford) always advertise the drive away price, with no more to pay. customers dont trust salesman as it is why complicate the matter.

cheers
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
its totally crap how some dealerships do that, calculating the on road costs isnt always easy beacause different dealers charge differnt delivery costs
Why do they charge different prices? Some are more greedy than others?
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #8
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon
Why do they charge different prices? Some are more greedy than others?

Logic would dictate that it is more expensive to deliver (Falcons for instance) them to Darwin than it would be to deliver them to Melbourne. Thats why they are different prices, there would be a lot of facts, here are just some off the top of my head:

- Physical location vs Factory (So Broadmeadows to Darwin for instance)
- Dealership to transport depot (Obviously they may go to a depot once arriving from interstate, the transport cost then would be dependant on how far from the depot they are, obviously the further away you are, the more expensive it would be)
- And of course, there is probably a bit of greed in there too, or changing of pricing to get people to buy to be competitive against other dealers in the same area.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post