Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-12-2005, 06:19 AM   #31
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
AARRRHHH Why is it so hard to find a real Ford purest who will stand on top the Blue Oval with me ........... even when the edges some times rust + bend ?????????????????

Iam with you.
Ford true and true, all the way through.

Sure the darkside have some good cars.

but...........

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
Old 25-12-2005, 06:37 AM   #32
fasty

Bloody Holdens are only so good now because they use a CHEVROLET engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you see 253's in new crumpledoores??? Where is the supposed legendary 308 gone???? To the bloody tip!!!! Holden use a chev engine and I LOVE Chevs I have 63 Belair that runs low 14's with an old 350 cast iron motor. FORDS answer to it all has been obvious in the last 2 years with V8 supercars titles!!!!!!! Ford also has DOHC V8's!!!!! Where is HOLDENS engeneering capability????? GOT NONE Have to borrow it of Chev or Buick!!! Where is the good ol' 202 or 186!!??? Same place as 253 and 308's..... at the bottom of the ocean where they belong. I LOVE FORDS's AND CHEVROLET's!!!!!!!!!!! I own a couple of each but no Holdens!!!!

Old 25-12-2005, 09:19 AM   #33
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Good exhaust note and VX SS aren't usually words that go together. Unless they have the exhaust done I reckon they sound crap. Odd firing order.
It's not an odd firing order, it was made that way to attempt to quieten down the exhaust for emission reasons. Stock they sound like vacuum cleaners, when I had my GEN3, paceys with a redback exhaust, it sounded great! :eclipsee_
Old 25-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #34
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
AARRRHHH Why is it so hard to find a real Ford purest who will stand on top the Blue Oval with me ........... even when the edges some times rust + bend ?????????????????
For me, it's because when I go shopping for a new car I'm unwilling to spend in excess of $45k on the lesser car (IMO), whether that be Ford, Holden or whoever just because of the badge. I bought a Gen3 VT over an AU and I bought a BA XR8 over a VY.

I still don't understand undying brand loyalty of a badge on a car. It's just so much easier to be a car enthusiast instead of a badge enthusiast, IMO.
Old 25-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #35
red_hotxr6
Banned

Any particular reason they picked a holden over a ford model? :
Old 25-12-2005, 10:10 AM   #36
WINDSR
Genuine V8

They must have been on drugs at the time....

WINDSR plates for sale. (VIC) PM if interested.
Old 25-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #37
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasty
Bloody Holdens are only so good now because they use a CHEVROLET engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you see 253's in new crumpledoores??? Where is the supposed legendary 308 gone???? To the bloody tip!!!! Holden use a chev engine and I LOVE Chevs I have 63 Belair that runs low 14's with an old 350 cast iron motor. FORDS answer to it all has been obvious in the last 2 years with V8 supercars titles!!!!!!! Ford also has DOHC V8's!!!!! Where is HOLDENS engeneering capability????? GOT NONE Have to borrow it of Chev or Buick!!! Where is the good ol' 202 or 186!!??? Same place as 253 and 308's..... at the bottom of the ocean where they belong. I LOVE FORDS's AND CHEVROLET's!!!!!!!!!!! I own a couple of each but no Holdens!!!!
: :
Old 25-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #38
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
Holdens claim in Wheels mag 2002 (or 2003) was 2% of cars affected by oil consumption.
What?? BS claim. Unless they are saying 2% of vehicles of the last 50 years, then I'd believe that.
Old 25-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #39
Perun
SSith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
It's not an odd firing order, it was made that way to attempt to quieten down the exhaust for emission reasons. Stock they sound like vacuum cleaners, when I had my GEN3, paceys with a redback exhaust, it sounded great! :eclipsee_
I think you're talking about two different things here. They DID quieten them down a lot, but the firing order is different to the Windsor or Boss motors, and that does give them a different sound. So quietness is one issue, but LS1's don't have that old-school V8 rumble that the Windsor and Boss do, and that is due to the firing order. You can get them to make a fair bit of noise, and it doesn't sound half bad (compared to a 1L 3cyl charade with a milo tin can) but it still won't sound like a Ford V8. At the moment, Holden has nothing on Ford V8s when it comes to sound, especially inside the cabin.

As for the Commie itself, they go pretty hard but I'd never pick one over a Ford. I'm just too used to Falcons and the Commie is a totally different car. Also, there's the issue with rear camber which STILL plagues Commodores to this day despite the "fixes" Holden has put in place. I see it all the time.

Plus, if you cut me open, I'll bleed blue. ;)
Old 25-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #40
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Bloody Holdens are only so good now because they use a CHEVROLET engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And your point? They are using their parent company's resources, just like Ford Aus uses Ford US resources. The only difference is in the name - The Ford name is used worldwide, while GM uses different names for each of its subsiduaries. At the end of the day it is one company - GM.

Quote:
Do you see 253's in new crumpledoores??? Where is the supposed legendary 308 gone???? To the bloody tip!!!!!
And I presume Clevelands and Windsors have gone to the same tip??

Quote:
FORDS answer to it all has been obvious in the last 2 years with V8 supercars titles!!!!!!!!!!!!
And what relevance do V8 supercars have with the engines they use in the road going versions?

Quote:
Ford also has DOHC V8's!!!!! Where is HOLDENS engeneering capability?????
1. DOHC has been around for just as long as pushrods.
2. Why waste money on engineering a DOHC engine when they can get a pushrod engine to to the same job just as well if not better?
3. Holden has plenty of engineering capability. It all comes down to cost. They have obviously deemed that it is not economically viable to spend hundreds of millions of dollars developing their own V8. Holden send engineers all over the world to work on various projects, so just because they import an engine from overseas doesn't mean they haven't had any engineering input into it.

The ignorance of some people : :MrT_anim:
Old 25-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #41
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Well my severe dislike for the Holden brand is being somewhat swayed... recently my folks brought a (cough) VX SS and i will have to say its not a bad car to drive!!! Beautiful throttle response, gorgeous exhaust note, hmmm v8.... sorry i do get swayed easily.... And it just looks fabulous!

I am somewhat hesitant about bagging Holden for their cars now, just their reliability, but you get that with all cars i guess! Its interesting observing the new models that are getting released and to say not that long ago Ford was behind in their development compared to Holden. It's going to be interesting to see Ford's next response to the 6lt Holden V8 soon to be released...

Hey Mels, just let them know that the two lamps located below the bumper are front fog lights and not 'driving lamps', or 'daytime running lamps' as some loonies say - AND as you see almost daily on the road.

Have them use the things as fog lights and that is all.

The VX-VY SS units have front fog lamps recognised as 'glaries' by state vehicle inspectors, these do not bear E marks but were just accepted by DOTARS at ADR Compliance time without seperate testing, this in lighting is quite usual where the Feds automatically accept written evidence of Compliance by Manufacturers! These evil units have since been replaced with E -coded front fogs on current SS product.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 25-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #42
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Someone has the case of one eyed fever I think. :rolleyes:

Ok do you see Windsors and Clevelands in new Falcons? or what about the 170 pursuits?

You need to think before you type,that dribble of sh*t just made you look like the biggest moron on AFF because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by Ryan; 25-12-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 25-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #43
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ta da.. another thread gone down the gurgler because of mindless bickering.
Some people wonder why we tend to shut down these threads when they start.
Sorry Melz.
Closed Thread