Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Would you buy a new XR8?
Yes, I would buy an new XR8 within this year 26 32.91%
No, I would buy a GS instead 9 11.39%
No, any V8 Falcon I buy will have the letters G & T somewhere in the model designation 12 15.19%
No, I prefer the XR6 turbo 23 29.11%
No, I would buy a SSV/HSV/300 for that sort of money 4 5.06%
No, Falcon is already dead to me 5 6.33%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #91
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XR8, a hypothetical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
why spend 55k at ford when you can buy the same thing at holden for 38k.

I hate holdens but the SS looks better every year.
Style is an individual thing and we don't all think the same.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #92
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Re: XR8, a hypothetical

Because I am not bias and appreciate a good car.

I have had many modified Holdens and when driving responsibly one still seems to attract allot more attention than the Ford I noticed.

We bought a BA wagon as a family car and I really liked it so thought the added turbo on top would provide a car that's fast yet off the radar allot more so to speak....haven't looked back.

Why are you so interested in dissecting peoples responses/lives to try and show apparent flaws etc?

I also have a EL with AU XR6 motor conversion as this car as a second vehicle really suits my needs.

Honestly,being non bias is really great and makes things so much less stressful on ones self.

Thankyou for the instant put down upon quote....seems to be a habbit to be honest.
Attack.....justify and then paint your picture which is the only view for one to have!
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
2 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #93
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ME View Post

Thankyou for the instant put down upon quote....seems to be a habbit to be honest.
Attack.....justify and then paint your picture which is the only one to view for one to have!
What you don't like it when you have what you do thrown straight back at you?
This user likes this post:
Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #94
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well after reviewing the whole thread it appears to have gone round in circles several times and is devolving so I will close it now.

If anyone has any new information on the actual topic that is not something to do with the run out price of holdens of just slanging PM me and I will re-open it.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread