Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
DropTheBass

Default Ebay Purchasing

I was looking to buy some interior blue LED's for my BA XR6. I've been shopping on eBay but was wondering if there were any shops here that sold the same things, that I could get quicker and from an Australian store. Also it isn't illegal to change interior lights colour is it?

Thanks !

For show:
~ 19' Dark Argents
~ LED Interior/Number Plate Lights
~ Front Lower Grill With Custom XR6 Badge
DropTheBass is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
XrRabbit
Little Sammy xr6

Default Re: Ebay Purchasing

Hey I have some of these in my xr6. I got blue ones, and inside no it's fine. Mine only took a few days to get here, it wasn't a long wait.
I got some blue park lights in my car as well, they are illegal but have not been pulled over for them. Just need to make sure you drive with your lights on at all times.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
Frayin
Starter Motor

Where in aus you live bass ? I know a place in Perth but thy don't deliver.

You could try carmate.com.au. But can't say I have heard to many good things from them. (This was 2010)

Most eBay items are linked to website anyway through the item description. You can do a quick search and see if they are trusted etc. goodlcuck on getting them also
Frayin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was pulled over for blue park lights on Northern Road a few months ago. Policeman gave me 24 hours to change them or I would get an infringement notice, Well over $260 worth. They got changed post haste. As for buying on ebay, I usually get my items within a few days and I try to avoid O/S sellers as they can take weeks to get your items to you, specially China
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
marcyeo

If we're still talking about interior lights you may get some idea's of this thread. Pretty sure Autobarn sell's them, but significantly more expensive.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...ight=blue+leds

OLD
2010 FPV F6 FG - Herrod CAI, Pedders extreme XA's, Whiteline fr & rear swaybars, PWR stepped IC, injectors, turbo dump pipe with Venom cat, Herrod piping kit = 350rwkw
marcyeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
badasgof
Starter Motor

I found that if you have not or do not trust sellers on ebay as I did I went to Autopro and brought some red LEDS (2x5 smds 2x3 smds) and changed the door lights and going to change the inside ones to blue as the Fairmont has 18 wedge type replacing the lot at once can cost but they make your car and if you get tired of them change them around. ( SMDS are the number of LEDS per bulb more there are the brighter they are)
badasgof is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
Itsme
Experienced Member

Jaycar Electronics sell leds and I'm sure they have stores & resellers in every state, check out there website.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/index.asp

I have bought numerous leds of Ebay, takes about 4 weeks delivery & heaps cheaper what you pay here.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #8
DropTheBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrRabbit
Hey I have some of these in my xr6. I got blue ones, and inside no it's fine. Mine only took a few days to get here, it wasn't a long wait.
I got some blue park lights in my car as well, they are illegal but have not been pulled over for them. Just need to make sure you drive with your lights on at all times.
Yeah Im pretty sure the seller that I was looking at is in Aus which means delivery will be pretty quick.

[QUOTE=Frayin]Where in aus you live bass ? I know a place in Perth but thy don't deliver.

In Victoria Frayin, thanks anyway !

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyeo
If we're still talking about interior lights you may get some idea's of this thread. Pretty sure Autobarn sell's them, but significantly more expensive.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...ight=blue+leds
I might go for a looksee in Autobarn, thanks Marcyeo

For show:
~ 19' Dark Argents
~ LED Interior/Number Plate Lights
~ Front Lower Grill With Custom XR6 Badge
DropTheBass is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #9
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I sell LED for cars, taking a brake at the moment from it. The only problem with most sellers, they say Australian seller, the product still is posted from from china. Send me a pm I may be able to help.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #10
BHDOGS
Banned

i got underbody leds and interior leds rgbs hooked up to a remote so i can make them fade change colour pulsate ect. with a switch so i can turn them off whenever
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #11
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'll usually never beat an Ebay price from China or Hong Kong...seeing as how the stuff we get here as accessories is made there anyway, I'll put up with the extra wait for postage, but it usually isn't very long. Most of the time the postage is free too.

I just bought a full kit for reversing sensors for only $16, with free postage. Even had a hole saw in the fitting kit.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #12
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Done it from eBay
Blue
Via PayPal
Here in 3 days
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post