Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Default The Commodore Club

At approximately 1:00 AM on Saturday the 17/12/05 the Commodore Club, as they called themselves and stickers on cars proclaimed decided to have a meet of around 25 cars at the Woodgrove Shopping Centre in Melton. The usual activities begun, burnouts etc, until they were shut down. I was wondering why such a late meet, until I saw the quality of the cars. Then I thought how appropriate for such a dismal array of what should be wrecks, to meet in what is hole of a place, Melton.

Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
Kaddis
Kaddis Customs

im pretty sure at 1am was the last meet of that cruise i think it started around 9pm....not 100% sure tho
Old 19-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
xespac

yeah my mate was there and sent me vid of over net (used his phone to record) so poor quality... whole clip was taken 1 minute of donutes etc. i think he said he got home at 4am

he doesn't drive just went with someone else for the cruise

he said that where-ever they cruised to, like they went EVERYWHERE and all was unplanned by the sounds of it, just cruise around do burnouts and speed etc....

i will post vid up in a minute or so(need real player to play it or window media player works apparently)

edit

actually i think its against the 'rules' to post vids like that but if ya want it pm me

Last edited by xespac; 19-12-2005 at 12:55 PM.
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I saw the guy filming...
Old 19-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #5
SLIPZ
Lion To Boot !

Melton was the last meet point of the cruise. Hence the 20 - 30 cars left from the 250ish that started.

The cruise was organised and I am sure that any Ford cruise would have a similar result at their last meet point.

Redrum .. You abuse the quality of cars and the late meet point etc..

If Melton is such a hole .. What were you doing there at 1am?

P.S. It was 1AM Sunday

Actually it had to be later than 1am !! I left around 1 .. and the cruise was still at IGA in Delahay.
SLIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIPZ
The cruise was organised and I am sure that any Ford cruise would have a similar result at their last meet point.
Umm, no anyone found doing this is banned from the site and club!
Quote:

P.S. It was 1AM Sunday

Actually it had to be later than 1am !! I left around 1 .. and the cruise was still at IGA in Delahay.
If the cars are in poor condition then should not be on the road at any time of the day. This includes all brands.

Geez, ya wonder why clubs get such a bad name!!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #7
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by xespac
he said that where-ever they cruised to, like they went EVERYWHERE and all was unplanned by the sounds of it, just cruise around do burnouts and speed etc....
Thats Crap.....

Its a mapped out and planned cruise, I think on Sat it was 4 meet points, I dont condone the behaviour and I think the Club (have strict rules and reporting back to the police) always try to keep the heros to a minimum, however on a big night they can have 400+ cars, YOU try arranging and containing 400+ cars moving across Melbourne and also finding Carparks open 24hrs that can handle the mass arrival and departure of that number of vehicles, the last cruise I atteneded they ONLY Hero I seen was a numbskull in a TS50 going nuts, but then again he got pulled over by the cops, the majority of the "kids" attending are quiet young and in their first CARS....Next time a OPEN (all cars welcome) cruise is ON I suggest instead of sitting in front of the TV or Net complaining and stuff...actually attend and have a look at some of the VERY decent vehicles that attend, its a pretty good family night, as you dont get that number or quality vehicles in one place at one time...

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 02:27 PM   #8
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Actually, the one I was on yesterday, everyone got split up because of traffic lights and roundabouts and other morons on the road cutting people off, so we went home.

I'm absolutely sure none of the behaviour described would've happened on this cruise.
Old 19-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #9
EFFalcon
Last warning

i've been to heaps of CCC cruises, and while they're quite well organised, 250+ cars is hard to keep in control of.
there are always heaps of burnouts, the organisers do NOT condone the burnouts, and do infact take precautions etc to try and prevent it.
But another point is that they're open cruises, a lot of non-CCC members turn up and do plenty of burnouts because they're not in the direct firing line later.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #10
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
But another point is that they're open cruises
Maybe that's something they need to enforce, that they only have members cruises. Fair enough they want the numbers, but if any old Joe Schmoe can rock up and cruise, you're bound for trouble.
Old 19-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #11
xespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Thats Crap.....
Next time a OPEN (all cars welcome) cruise is ON I suggest instead of sitting in front of the TV or Net complaining and stuff...actually attend and have a look at some of the VERY decent vehicles that attend, its a pretty good family night, as you dont get that number or quality vehicles in one place at one time...
1. I ain't complaining.... i'm just passing on what my mate told me WHO WAS ACTUALLY THERE, I guess you would say anything to make it look like everything was A-OK....

I got the video of atleast 4 cars doin donuts and god knows how many more cars did it.... I don't care to be honest, why should I ... not my job to stop you morons doing stupid things lol!

yer, i'm sure there would be plenty of decent cars, and ones that have had alot of work put in them.... ay next time I might just come along...bring my cam along to record some 'family-outting-type-cruise' .... =)
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #12
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Melton was the last meet point of the cruise. Hence the 20 - 30 cars left from the 250ish that started.

P.S. It was 1AM Sunday

I enjoy all cars. I am not making a comment about quality merely because of brand name. I did get the day wrong, but have been working night shift the last week and my mind goes troppo when I do. I was working in Melton that night.
I am about to join a Cruise Club being a car enthusiast. I am hoping this sort of illegal activity is not the norm. The majority of cars I saw that night would not pass a road side inspection.
I think if a club were to organise such cruises, than the logistics would be hard, but if members are well regulated, ie kicked out for inappropriate behaviour I cannot see there being many probs. Any gatecrashers could reported to the police and then the rest could all have a good time. The behaviour at Woodgrove was the sort of activity that ends up on a current affair and gives all petrol heads a bad name and has the Government bringing in new anti hoon laws.
Old 19-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #13
SLIPZ
Lion To Boot !

We do try to stop the bad behaviour .. Unfortunately the meet that you / your mate saw was the last meet point and by then myself and most of the organisers have gone home. We have cranky / tired girlfriends too.

I am not biased to any type of car .. We have quite a few nice falcons rock up.

The problem with you seeing the last meet point is yes you see the worst of the worst being the people who have not had their cars long or licence for that matter. I left from IGA Delahay .. Now starting to wish I did continue on to Melton .. As this thread is the exact ' bad publicity ' that we do not want from the club.

Police are strict enough on car rallys and any form of mass congregation. This has only increased since the racial issues in Sydney. In fact Saturday nights cruise was attempted to be broken up at Alber Park as the police believed we were trying to start a similar affair in Melbourne.

I am sure you guys on the Ford forums have the exact same morals as the commodore guys. We just want a hassle free night where people can come and show off their pride and joy infront of friends and other car enthusiasts. This is the general attitude as the first few meet points. It's just hard to controll the 17yr old that show up with video cameras, edging people on to do burnouts. Most of these offenders are seen by police and dealt with accordingly.

Unfortunately this must not have been the case on Sunday morning and I know that a lot of Melton's ' boys in blue ' were called into the CBD to attend a brawl.

It has been taken down by Admin that there were a few complaints .. and relevant warnings will be given!

Hope to see a few of you guys at the next one ( Some time in Jan ) Mixing car club cruises would be great .. Bumping the numbers up and getting some nice rides from different production lines.

Cheers

Sam
SLIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:51 PM   #14
VZSS250

The Commodore Cruise Club cruises have gotten better with time. These days burnouts are frowned upon. When I arrived a few people were calling for me to do a burnout but I just let the car drift along and didn't pay attention.

The cruise was very organised. The Club president was handing out maps as cars drove in to the first meet point, and departure times from each meet point were signified by an air horn.

Because the cruise is open to everyone, the guys who attend for the first time cause all the trouble.

Anyway, hopefully next time we get some late model XRs down.
VZSS250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 02:24 PM   #15
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
Whats is this discussion doing on AFF?
What are stickers doing on your list of mods? :
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #16
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Thats Crap......Next time a OPEN (all cars welcome) cruise is ON I suggest instead of sitting in front of the TV or Net complaining and stuff...actually attend and have a look at some of the VERY decent vehicles that attend, its a pretty good family night, as you dont get that number or quality vehicles in one place at one time...
This is a Ford Forum, if i wanted to go to a Commodore cruise i would check their website, which i have no intenion of doing as i don't care.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #17
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
This is a Ford Forum, if i wanted to go to a Commodore cruise i would check their website, which i have no intenion of doing as i don't care.
I agree
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #18
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Automotive related chat. I have seen threads here about all sorts of cars. This topic is more about Cruises. If you don't like it don't read it. :
Old 20-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #19
Bobman
Regulator

Agreed... I'm all up for mixed breeds of cars at any cruise in the future...

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

Guys we have had this discussion numerous times and the outcome has always been the same - while we are a Ford forum first and foremost, we do not can any non-Ford related car chat.
Old 20-12-2005, 11:42 PM   #21
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I am sorry. I did not realise this was a rule. I am fairly new. I can see this rule is broken quite a lot. There are heaps of threads relating to other car companies. Consistency would be nice.
Old 21-12-2005, 12:01 AM   #22
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I think you misread what B2TF said.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I am sorry. I did not realise this was a rule. I am fairly new. I can see this rule is broken quite a lot. There are heaps of threads relating to other car companies. Consistency would be nice.
Yes consistency would be nice wouldnt it? It would be nice if we could discuss things without feeling it neccesary to drag down threads with comments about how if its not Ford it shouldnt be on here. If anybody thinks Ford is the only car company in the world I would suggest you open your outlook a little. We are car enthsusiasts and as such I would like to think that we can discuss and talk about general automotive interests regardless of what brand/badge they may relate to.
Old 21-12-2005, 06:10 AM   #24
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Sorry backtofuture. I do believe I have misunderstood you and thus agree with you. :
Old 21-12-2005, 08:37 AM   #25
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Sorry backtofuture. I do believe I have misunderstood you and thus agree with you. :
not a problem. glad to see we're on the same wavelength .