Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Au computer bracket

My au computer seems to have a gold case/holding bracket holding it in how the **** do I get it off?

BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
AU Mont
Banned

Default Re: Au computer bracket

ive always drilled out the pop rivet, and when refitting bracket used various sized washers & a large screw with wide threads to hold it back on.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
BHDOGS
Banned

I got the bolt up by unscrewing it with a chisel and hammer but the gold bracket extends up into the dash and locks at the back with another gold piece the dash is in the way of moving it forward at the top
Old 22-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
AU Mont
Banned

geez man i dunno, my 2 AU's had a big gold bracket which is held in by a pop rivet thing on one side, and 2 or 3 vertical hooks on the other side which slot into something

if the pop rivet has been removed, then lift the bracket upwards to release the hooks
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
BHDOGS
Banned

Haha ah yes the upwards motion of the bracket that I didn't try all done now lmao what an idiot
Old 22-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
robbyj
Rob

the brackets are different between series 1 and 2/3 im pretty sure, me and a mate used an angle grinder and took the head off then used a screw when we were done instead.
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
BHDOGS
Banned

Mine was actually a sheer bolt where the head comes off once it's tightened up Looks like a rivet to when the heads off a hammer and chisel and it unscrews
Old 22-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

You can always do what James22 and I did... :P