Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #31
nt0351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Question about credit history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray38l
that's what I think but surely the bank could tell him that.
also its been 18 months, surely if its been sold on someone would want there money by now
he has defaulted ,they have no obligation to tell him anything it could take years ...they suss him out first,...when they determine that he has a capacity to pay then they pounce ,..all the while the interest just accrues,this makes recovery more worthwhile.

there are two ways to bring it to a head ,..if nobody has made contact deposit the outstanding amount into the loan account and it will quickly become the banks problem or if he wants to snooker the recovery people tell him to declare bankruptcy
Old 26-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #32
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
that's what I think but surely the bank could tell him that.
also its been 18 months, surely if its been sold on someone would want there money by now
Has the person moved address or anyhting in the last 18 months. Maybe recovery company does not have his up to date details.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #33
el_wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy92
The only one with Veda is $40+ guess I have to pay that for accurate one?
They hide the link on their homepage, but try this http://www.mycreditfile.com.au/home/...redit-file.dot
Old 26-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #34
I reckon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
Your kidding right
No I'm not they love giving money out to people who can't afford flash cars.
So they get the car back then sell it off to recoup the funds . Seen it happen plenty of times .
Old 26-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #35
Miss_XR6

Quote:
seeing as though we have some people with backgrounds in finance I will ask a question my brother has been worrying about.
he had a $18000 personal loan with the Commonwealth bank with 7 years to pay it off. 12 months into the loan term he lost his job and couldn't pay the loan for 8 months. in that time he got a default notice and then a month after that he got a letter saying the loan is finalised. this was 18 months ago and when he got back into work he rang the bank to organize to pay it and the bank says he has no loan with them.
the question is do banks ever just write off debt?
a mortgage broker said that they might have done it because the only default listed is the original one and nothing has been added since. he also hasn't had anyone else contact him about the loan.
Does it show on his credit rating as default???
Get him to get a copy
If its been paid out either someone paid the loan without telling him or its been passed on to a debt recovery officer
But 18mnths they would of made some sort of contact I would think
Old 26-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #36
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggsy
So they get the car back then sell it off to recoup the funds . Seen it happen plenty of times .
Asset quality and bad debts ratios are one of the most watched measures in lending

Lenders will do all they can to avoid the situation you are describing
Old 26-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #37
Miss_XR6

Quote:
This is true

Use to work in car sales and the odd person would get a loan approve when there negative in there bank account on a daily basis
A few months later we are knocking on the door getting the car back
This was 5 years ago now not sure if they still do it
Old 26-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #38
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only debt which I have is a telstra and optus thing I ain't paid in months. Guess I better start if I want to get a new car in few years
Old 26-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #39
I reckon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6
This is true

Use to work in car sales and the odd person would get a loan approve when there negative in there bank account on a daily basis
A few months later we are knocking on the door getting the car back
This was 5 years ago now not sure if they still do it
Thank you I rest my case .
Old 26-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #40
I reckon
Banned

I know a girl 20 yrs old unemployed just had a baby I wonder when it's the lender responsibility to show a bit of common sense. To show they cannot afford to pay it back .

Everyone else can see she can't afford it except the lenders who are lending her 14 k no worries we will give it to you .

It's to easy to get loot these days . Take motor finance wizard for example lol

Aren't they due for another run on ACA ?
Old 26-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #41
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I know a girl 20 yrs old unemployed just had a baby I wonder when it's the lender responsibility to show a bit of common sense. To show they cannot afford to pay it back .

Everyone else can see she can't afford it except the lenders who are lending her 14 k no worries we will give it to you .
I'd want to know where her parents are to knock some sense into her.
Old 26-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #42
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Only debt which I have is a telstra and optus thing I ain't paid in months. Guess I better start if I want to get a new car in few years
These the kind of things that ruin chances?
Old 26-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #43
I reckon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford
I'd want to know where her parents are to knock some sense into her.
At 20 you should already have it!
Old 26-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #44
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thank you I rest my case .
on what exactly?

Quote:
because cars appreciate don't they, the surplus equity (once the costs of repo and admin are covered) would mean delinquent loans are very profitable.

I have a business idea. How about a finance company that actively seeks loans that are likely to not be paid? I will attract as many people without a means to service the loan as possible and the increase in value of their cars over time will ensure my success
Old 26-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #45
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No fighting please guys.
Old 26-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #46
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having worked for a non conforming lender in the past I can tell you the LAST thing they want to do is repo your car. Firstly because they'll miss out on the 17% interest you're paying and secondly because a car is a depreciating item. When the finance company auctions it, RARELY if ever do they get what they are owed. This then get's written off and a cedit default placed against the debtor.

The reason vehicles are repo'd so quickly is not because finance companies want to put a bad mark against your name. It's because a vehicle is a mobile item. If all avenues for payment arrangements have been exhausted (and this often involves VCAT here in Vic) the car is repo'd ASAP to minimise the risk of the debtor skipping through.

No finance company wants to repo anything you get on credit from them. They'd rather you pay overdue fees and penalty interest until you get the thing up to date than incur legal fees, repo fees and auction fees they'll probably never recover.
Old 26-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #47
I reckon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
on what exactly?

because cars appreciate don't they, the surplus equity (once the costs of repo and admin are covered) would mean delinquent loans are very profitable.

I have a business idea. How about a finance company that actively seeks loans that are likely to not be paid? I will attract as many people without a means to service the loan as possible and the increase in value of their cars over time will ensure my success
Shonkymofo lol you have the right name anyway to start a business lmao
Old 26-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #48
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
These the kind of things that ruin chances?
Buddy...

An debt of $4.51 put on my account by accident had the power to hold back a 950K property purchase....

Once it goes further, they add default fees, court costs etc etc etc... makes that $20 unpaid bill become $700 in no time...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 26-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #49
GULL
TuRbO

This idea makes the world go around !Then the government bails them all out and it starts all over again,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
on what exactly?

Old 26-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #50
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GULL
This idea makes the world go around !Then the government bails them all out and it starts all over again,
Bad policy does often spawn this as people are incentivised into risky behaviour due to lack of consequence of doing so.

That's how subprime started. Risky loan writing by mortgage brokers in their quest to earn comissions saw them writing loans for EVERYBODY without any balance of consequence (to them)

Similar to the example Miss XR6 pointed to above. No doubt driven by desire to sell another car/write another Finance contract lending standards slipped. I would say the rates on these loans would have been very high to try and price in the high risk of the borrowers, but once again their greed was not constrained by any impact immediately upon them.

In both these examples risky lending practice leads to higher delinquency rates in loan portfolios

BUT

The intention was never to write a bum loan, it was just inevitable when you try and sign everyone up with no regard to book quality.

No financier ever wants to write a bad loan

Quote:
finance companies .....they love people who cant pay money back ..............thats what they hope you to do fail in your repayments so they can reposses your car .
Old 26-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #51
nt0351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all you young guys & girls out there take the tip (at the risk of sounding like your mum & dad)
in this day and age of " must have it NOW " ,..credit hardly ever pans out the way we think ,...you run a very real risk of damaging your credit rating and ruining any chance of borrowing for something worthwhile down the track not to mention by the time its paid off its worth next to nothing ,..don't get sucked in to easy money,....no such thing ,...save hard for what you want ,..it will give you immense satisfaction & a sense of achievement buying a car you always wanted with your own funds ,..not to mention by the time you have saved enough to achieve your goal ,..the asking price has usually come down to a more affordable level ,as someone else has already copped the initial hit
credit looks attractive until you cant make payments ,..then its you that's looking average and nobody wants to know you if you cant pay back your debts,..too many people get into this cycle and never recover financially
Old 26-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #52
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt0351
all you young guys & girls out there take the tip (at the risk of sounding like your mum & dad)
in this day and age of " must have it NOW " ,..credit hardly ever pans out the way we think ,...you run a very real risk of damaging your credit rating and ruining any chance of borrowing for something worthwhile down the track not to mention by the time its paid off its worth next to nothing ,..don't get sucked in to easy money,....no such thing ,...save hard for what you want ,..it will give you immense satisfaction & a sense of achievement buying a car you always wanted with your own funds ,..not to mention by the time you have saved enough to achieve your goal ,..the asking price has usually come down to a more affordable level ,as someone else has already copped the initial hit
credit looks attractive until you cant make payments ,..then its you that's looking average and nobody wants to know you if you cant pay back your debts,..too many people get into this cycle and never recover financially
This. Or better still buy a shitbomb and use the rest to buy a property that will give you enough rent to fill said ******* every week without needing to work for it.
Old 23-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #53
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can anyone tell me who I call to get a default sorted out? Ended up with one on mine and want to get it fixed up so I can get a new car in 6 years

I learnt the hard way young and stupid :(
Old 23-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #54
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Call the company who put the default, find out who has the account. Call the company. Make the payment. After 5 years it will be gone.
Old 23-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #55
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok. I thought I can just call a credit reporting agency and fix it all up through them.
Closed Thread