Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #61
JD2004

Default Re: Trolley scum !!!

People seriously need to grow up!! what an awful act!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #62
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People just dont care..
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If everyone put the trolleys back in their places, the poor trolley boys will be out of a job.

I put mine back, because I don't want it rolling into peoples car, and I could probably do with the walk anyway.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #64
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like above i have other cars and rarely take my showroom condition cars to shops but if i do i pick my spot very very carefully even if it means walking a mile. Shame that you have to do it but you have to
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #65
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our burgundy AU wagon has paint chips across its nose now due to Shopping trolleys.

The whole lot of them rolled from the trolley bay right into the car.

Wife couldn't believe her eyes. She went and found the Foodland(?) manager to tell him what had just happened and the response was Yeah, we get a lot of people coming in here complaining about those trolleys. !!!

The trolley bay is at the high end of the carpark. When one gets moved, the rest follow and momentum builds downhill - right where all the cars are parked. She doesn't park there anymore but the damage has been done :-(
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #66
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

scum of the earth!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #67
Werd.
nou

My AU copped a fair whack from a trolley..

Front 1/4, corner of a trolley hit at around 15K i'd say after a heavy gust of wind. I was leaving the carpark when it came sailing over.
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #68
Gricey
yep I'm related :)

the other thing that happens **** loads, is people (usually kids) slamming there bloody doors into the car next to them, while the parents just walk on there merry way like nothing happened.
Gricey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #69
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gricey
the other thing that happens **** loads, is people (usually kids) slamming there bloody doors into the car next to them, while the parents just walk on there merry way like nothing happened.
thats actually one thing I loved to watch.. when people opened their car doors onto my jeep.. they opened them onto my steel tube side steps.. so it didn't hurt my vehicle at all.. but man they use to get ****ed off with themselves or their kids.
same as when people have trouble with leaving a decent space between cars... left side of car as close as possible to the right hand side of the other car..leaving them with ridiculous amounts of room to get out. but no room what so ever for the other driver to enter their car.. which is why I usually reverse park..
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #70
290v
290v

My wife parks at the back of the shop car park away from everone elses she ended up with $820 Damage across 2 doors to her KN laser had it fixed and a month later the other side had two small trolley dents in it the car has only done 83,000Kms
Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #71
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gricey
I was walking back to my car in a shop carpark to see a guy jump out his 4WD and swing his door right in to mine.

I called him up on it and he apologised but it was obvious he never had any intention to try and avoid damaging my car.

So we had words, he stormed off into the shops, and I put my steelcaps to good use on his wheel arches.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #72
danmc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G
thats actually one thing I loved to watch.. when people opened their car doors onto my jeep.. they opened them onto my steel tube side steps.. so it didn't hurt my vehicle at all.. but man they use to get ****ed off with themselves or their kids.
same as when people have trouble with leaving a decent space between cars... left side of car as close as possible to the right hand side of the other car..leaving them with ridiculous amounts of room to get out. but no room what so ever for the other driver to enter their car.. which is why I usually reverse park..

Yep used to have a trayback cruiser with side bars, awesome in carparks. I found an old lady hooked up on it once - she had jammed her car into the tray so hard she couldn't reverse away. I had to get her car off for her. No damage to the tray but her front headlight area looked like a train had hit it.
danmc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #73
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8
I was walking back to my car in a shop carpark to see a guy jump out his 4WD and swing his door right in to mine.

I called him up on it and he apologised but it was obvious he never had any intention to try and avoid damaging my car.

So we had words, he stormed off into the shops, and I put my steelcaps to good use on his wheel arches.

I use this, keys or a 50 cent piece....Depends what I feel like at the time.

Yes, others may see us as vandals/scum or what ever else, but I personally see it as karma..So I don't care what others say.

Another classic that happened to me....An ex-bosses son decided to open the work ute door on my freshly painted car (only been painted a month)...Of course the son and boss refused responsibility.

Payback was, said son bought new mags for his misses car....I gouged two new mags fitting the tyres (accidently of course )....I did offer to replace the mags on the proviso they paid to have my door repainted. My offer was refused.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 12-09-2012 at 09:43 AM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #74
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Every time i read about trolleys rolling into cars I think "What??". But i realised some carparks aren't dead flat like the ones in Busso! The while town is flat! You gotta drive about 15-20 mins to get to some hills!
I only see cars rolling into trolleys
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post