Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default 18" x 8" rims on Zetec

Hey guys,

I'm considering buying a set of 18's for my 2011 Zetec. Are there any issues with rubbing or scraping at all going from the stock 17" x 6.5" to an 18" x 8". I haven't removed a wheel to get the exact specs from it as yet but I suspect it has an ET (offset) around 50 and the 18 x 8's are 52. I've done the math using an online offset calculator and it estimates around 20mm less inner clearance and 17mm extended outwards. I know there are a few guys with 18's fitted and suspension lowered just want to know if they've had any issues. Mine is currently fitted with Kings SL springs and whiteline rear swaybar and apart from handling like it's on rails I have had no other problems with ride or tyres scraping

Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: 18" x 8" rims on Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Hey guys,

I'm considering buying a set of 18's for my 2011 Zetec. Are there any issues with rubbing or scraping at all going from the stock 17" x 6.5" to an 18" x 8". I haven't removed a wheel to get the exact specs from it as yet but I suspect it has an ET (offset) around 50 and the 18 x 8's are 52. I've done the math using an online offset calculator and it estimates around 20mm less inner clearance and 17mm extended outwards. I know there are a few guys with 18's fitted and suspension lowered just want to know if they've had any issues. Mine is currently fitted with Kings SL springs and whiteline rear swaybar and apart from handling like it's on rails I have had no other problems with ride or tyres scraping
Need to confirm ASAP please as I have a set of 18 x 8 XR5 snowflakes lined up
Old 23-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

I am not sure if this helps but my rims are 18 x 7.5", offset 52, my car is lowered about 35-40mm and I have no trouble with scrubbing.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fella I bought my 17" zetec rims off put the XR5 rims on his car, which was also lowered considerably.

They looked absolutely magic btw!
Old 24-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that guys, I've managed to line up a set of XR5 Snowflake rims in 18 x 8", hopefully all will be good. All the info i've been able to find says the offset on 5 x 108 PCD wheels suitable for the Focus is from 35 - 52 so fingers crossed

Last edited by Russ; 24-07-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 25-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Turbodiesel
Torquer

No problems with that set up here

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post