Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #31
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New laws may stop some high speed chases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver
how hard is it to set a road block and hit them with the electric prong ffs

if they wanted to stop this kind of stuff they could

yes because there are cops everywhere....and police have unlimited helicopters!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #32
BHDOGS
Banned

[QUOTE=GTP owner]Can you translate this into english?[/]

Do you have anything worth while to add or just general over done forum statements bout grammar yawn if your so concerned start up the anti grammar group on Facebook or maybe buy yourself a dictionary and you can crown yourself king dick.... I'd finish the rest but I'd be banned
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #33
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver
how hard is it to set a road block and hit them with the electric prong ffs

if they wanted to stop this kind of stuff they could
Well that relies on the premise that:

1) The Police are able to accurately predict the chosen route the crim will take;
2) The Police will be able to put the necessary resources in place due to successfully determining 1) above; and
3) No one else is using the road at the time (i.e. in the middle of the night on some back road)

The chances of the coppers accurately predicting the route a crim in a car will take is like predicting the weather. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. The difficulty is that if they get it wrong, they have committed all those resources for nothing, when those resources could be doing other things, like apprehending other crims for starters. And if this was all unfolding during peak hour, the problem is multiplied for them.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS

Do you have anything worth while to add or just general over done forum statements bout grammar yawn if your so concerned start up the anti grammar group on Facebook or maybe buy yourself a dictionary and you can crown yourself king dick.... I'd finish the rest but I'd be banned
your posts are just a bit hard to read sometimes fella
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #35
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
So we will make them completely disabled - meaning we will have to support them for the rest of their lives? Top idea that one!

I believe that those who display incorrect grammar deserve to have one finger removed for each violation. You are hereby judged guilty.
When my aunty was in saudi Arabia she asked her car driver why he never locks his car door when leaving it. He just laughed and said no one steals stuff because they know they will get their hand cut off if they do.
Leave your car unlocked here and you will definitely get something stolen.
Might have to cut off a few hands, but after that I can see the crime rate dropping.
Still not really they right thing to do.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
What happens if a chase originating in one state crosses over to another, do the police cross the border into a different jurisdiction?
Yes they do, Queensland police at border locations are deputized as NSW officers and vise versa.
They can pursue drivers into NSW and arrest them and similarly NSW police can pursue drivers into Qld.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #37
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
The moment you put restrictions on whether police can and cannot chase criminals instead of relying on cops judgement in each case, you will open a massive tin of worms where there would be a massive increase in people doing runners, as they would know that all they have to do is drive fast and the police won't chase them.
Where i see a problem is when the police called off their chase the crims car-jacked another motorist because their car was damaged. They should only call it off if they have a helicopter to take over.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #38
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tried digging couldnt find.. while back HSV fitted with smart track involved in SA chase.. police were to scared / hands tied / nanny stated to shut the vehicle down in case they lost "power steering"....
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #39
MAD
Petro-sexual

If hands are too strong for our nanny society to deal with; Start with a finger or two first. Repeat offend then it's your hand.

I don't think too many handless people in society would like to think they are a massive brnden on the rest of us. I'm sure they get by with life just fine.

It's when you lose both that you're get in more trouble.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #40
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
When my aunty was in saudi Arabia she asked her car driver why he never locks his car door when leaving it. He just laughed and said no one steals stuff because they know they will get their hand cut off if they do.
Leave your car unlocked here and you will definitely get something stolen.
Might have to cut off a few hands, but after that I can see the crime rate dropping.
Still not really they right thing to do.
You make a valid point about security in Saudi Arabia, but they do not have the social security safety net we have here. So when you lose a hand there, you don't have disability pensions to live off. I think I would prefer our society to theirs though.

[QUOTE=BHDOGS]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
Can you translate this into english?[/]

If you are going to make a point, or suggest a course of action, it is preferable if your target audience can understand you. If not, you are just ranting incomprehensibly.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #41
blk6t

That is the most stupid threat and punishment to go along side all the rest.

The threat of extended prison sentences NEVER works and never will.

How about instead of spending tax dollars housing the hoon prisoners, that money get spent on more police and police visibility to deter crime from the very start.

I think more needs to be done stopping crime from starting, it's always about the sentences, which by then there are victims of crime and the damage has been done!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #42
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets just remove all laws then?
Punishment for murder/rape/child abuse is obviously not working as these crimes are constantly committed, so as most have suggested lets just remove the penalties as they are obviously no deterent.
I say speed limit all cars to 130km/hr for a start, I know this will not stop all runners but it will reduce the available max speed and let the cops catch up real quick.
We need the nanny state because respect and common sense has long dissapeared.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #43
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

increase dole to min $1000 week.. enough for weed, winnie reds, maccas, govco supplied VN + fuel card..

crime would become a past time..
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #44
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Punishment for murder/rape/child abuse is obviously not working as these crimes are constantly committed, so as most have suggested lets just remove the penalties as they are obviously no deterent.
I say speed limit all cars to 130km/hr for a start, I know this will not stop all runners but it will reduce the available max speed and let the cops catch up real quick.
LAws only work for those who respect the law. This is where the logic of tougher sentencing fails - those who have no respect for the laws and for others will still ignore them. Making longer jail time, cutting hands off, etc is not a real deterrent to these people, so they will run no matter what. Creating divinsions between "us good people" and them "scum/low lifes/parasites" just reinforces poor behaviour on both sides. Finding ways to work with and include people into a society are far more effective than the get tough on crime mantra. The only problem is that it takes hard work, novel solutions, and a willingness to engage.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #45
MAD
Petro-sexual

I know it's never going to happen in our society, but I reckon a hand would gain your attention, no matter who you are.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #46
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
I know it's never going to happen in our society, but I reckon a hand would gain your attention, no matter who you are.
Yes indeed...I used to work with an older guy who was ex-British Navy, and in the early 1960's they went to Saudi Arabia on a good-will mission with some warship. They were allowed shore leave with a massive list of do's and don'ts, and in a smaller village outside the main city where they were staying (they'd gone to watch camel races, a real novelty for pommies then I suppose), they were invited to a "hand chopping" in the town square. He said it was the most horrifying thing he'd ever seen, but you could certainly see how all the men gathered to watch (no women) were yelling and cheering approval that the three guys who lost a hand that day (no anaesthetic, hand on the block, tied down, chop, cauterised with a hot iron and then, amazingly, off to be treated by a doctor) the public certainly seemed to love it and knew exactly what would happen to you if you stole stuff.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #47
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith

This is sarcasm...? I hope.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #48
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
This is sarcasm...? I hope.
Afraid not, when a society has criminals as heros and idolises idiot behaviour we are all f^&ked. The do gooder, soft approach, social experiment has failed and to rebalance the tables its time to get tough on clowns who think they are outside of societies boundries.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #49
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least whilst they are in jail they won't be stealing cars and hooning and if you get a solution that pleases everyone ring Julia and help her with the boat people . I for one agree with it.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post