Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-11-2005, 03:47 AM   #31
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Oh My God i saw one at work and old guy driving it (in his 50's or 60's) and it was a two tone champagne and black with standard 22" rims. It look and sound class man. No wonder why they love them in the US. Ford and Holden better come up with a better luxury mafia style car cause the 300C gonna sky rocket in sales!

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 10:37 AM   #32
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIATL
with standard 22" rims.
I went and checked one out at the local dealer the other day. The standard car only has 18's on it and I mentioned that I've seen a few pics with 20's and bigger on them and they looked good. Was told by the rep that as the car has built-in tyre pressure warning sensors that if you change the rims then Chrysler will void the warranty.

Apparently they are in the process of compliancing a set of 20" factory rims that will work with the tyre pressure sensors, due out middle of next year.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #33
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

I got so excited when i finally was able to get down to the Chrysler dealer and test drive the 300C V8.

Dealer gave me the keys, i got in the car, got out of the car and returned the keys to the dealer, and went home.

For a car as BIG as that it was the most cramped driver's cocpit i have been in. On a lot of cars you find the footwells of the passenger a little smaller than the driver ( cause of uneven transmition tunnel), but because the car was designed in the US the driver has less room!

For a 6'2" guy like me it was uncomfortable. Mainly my problem is i had to keep my legs too close together to not rub against the transmition hump and the centre console. Like a lot of guy, i need pleanty of room between my legs. My left leg was going numb within 3 minutes. Very dissapointed. The handbrake was in a ridiculous position. It was about a few inches onfront of the footrest!

Also for a car that has a wheel span larger than a Caprice/Statesman yet far less leg room, its hard for a person my size to get in and out.

Verdict, unfortunatly its HOT style gives away comfort and practicality (IMHO) :nutsycuck
Old 02-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #34
paul7v7
bring it on

Hot looking car.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:32 AM   #35
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why dont people give it credit for having more room from side to side? which makes it more comfortable sideways. Leg room in the 300C is in the middle of the SWB and LWB australian cars.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 03:44 AM   #36
free-energy64
Free Energy Is Out There

Just had to express my thoughts on this beast.
The front looks like the back, Butt ugly!
Ugly American styling pimp mobile.
And like has been said handles like a wheel-barrow too.
Lots of better cars to spend my money on.
Each to his own.
free-energy64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 07:57 AM   #37
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Love the HEMI, while waiting at Peter Warrens to pick up the girl after she'd gone in for a service I had one roll up right to the service window. I never liked the photos much and in the flesh it didn't change my opinion. Looks too err, 'American'.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 10:04 AM   #38
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Why dont people give it credit for having more room from side to side? which makes it more comfortable sideways. Leg room in the 300C is in the middle of the SWB and LWB australian cars.
Dont get me wrong. I LOVE the car, i just CANT drive it!

I prefer its styling than the fairmont or the calais. But for a guy built like me (or maybe even only me) it is very uncomfortable. Pity i was dead set keen to get one early in the new year. I think its design is ahead of its time. But i definantly looks classier than our own.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #39
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by free-energy64
Just had to express my thoughts ..................Ugly American styling pimp mobile..........................
What is so pimpish about this?

: : : :
Old 03-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #40
stiddy
Banned

spotted this 300c at autosalon today..

sorry for the bad quality pic, but its hard to take a pic when theres 812684031 people walking infront of you..

those rims are 22inch, it was a very very nice car, although the interior seemed a little too plastic..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post