Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
pundit
Gazza!

Default Putting iPhone 4 thru insurance

G'day guys... Quick question, my missus dropped and smashed her iPhone 4 32gb (again... ) Last time it was just a replacement LCD & Digitlizer combo, replaced it myself rather easy. This time round it is smashed both the front and back glass, and also has a hardware failure the LED back-lights light up but no picture on the screen, and doesn't respond to any swiping when it gets calls, or to unlock the keypad. Now its going thru insurance (House & contents, accidental damage) this time round (as going by my googling it needs a new logic board, or logic board repaired)... Last time when I done it I lost a couple of small screws and brackets from it... Is it worth buying in new ones and putting back in before it goes thru insurance or not really, as its not a warranty job so it shouldn't really matter a great deal I would assume.

11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Putting iPhone 4 thru insurance

are you sure it's included in the policy?

I thought most policies did not cover phones

maybe you have a premium policy that does though???
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
pundit
Gazza!

Yeah it is, I have upto $2,000 worth of personal belongings that frequently leave the house, which is also covered by accidental damage, went in and asked about it today. just have to pay the first $100 towards it.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

yeah I have Accidental loss or damage also, never claimed anything thou

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fair play, I thought most accidental damage cover excluded phones, hence the exorbitant price people pay to Telcos for phone insurance

if you have the insurance I would use it, you would be paying a premium for an extensive policy. I reckon you're short changing yourself if you don't use it
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

If it's just the screens that have failed, go into your local shopping center and look around for iPhone repair places. I got both my front and back screens replaced for $90 a few weeks ago, and it's just as good as new.