Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-11-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Question C2R BodyKits

I have heard so many different stories about C2R , does someone out there know the full story

Old 28-11-2005, 02:49 PM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what I know, they went bankrupt, and some Queensland people have brought them out. And are in the process of signing the papers etc. So production and supply of their bodykits and panels have stopped. Whether they'll ever make them again, who knows.
Old 28-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Yeah thats one of the stories I heard

I have a few people who I think Are pulling my leg about being able to supply a C2R Kit for my AU1 Hmmmm we will see wont we

cheers LG
Old 28-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1FORME
Yeah thats one of the stories I heard

I have a few people who I think Are pulling my leg about being able to supply a C2R Kit for my AU1 Hmmmm we will see wont we

cheers LG
I have spoken to 2 places, and they can't order a single thing from them. Unless one of C2R distributors have over-ordered (from a while ago), which will mean they have a few kits spare. Or a customer has pulled out, and they still have the bodykit in their workshop. These would be the only reason why some shops have some bodykits.

I've given up waiting, and if I ever had an accident, and needed a replacement bar, I think finding a replacement might be really difficult. So I'm going a different kit, now.

Cheers
Old 28-11-2005, 04:14 PM   #5
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Yeah I am thinking that also it would be great to have one but if something happened to it you would be stuffed

Is fibreglass really that fragile??
Old 28-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #6
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Unless we actually have someone from C2R post then what your brothers uncles sisters best school friends mums son has heard is useless.

LG may be right in his thoughts above but lets work on fact the C2R are not able to supply goods at the moment, but thats not say people may have stock.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #7
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Unless we actually have someone from C2R post then what your brothers uncles sisters best school friends mums son has heard is useless.

LG may be right in his thoughts above but lets work on fact the C2R are not able to supply goods at the moment, but thats not say people may have stock.
And you know for sure that someone who posts here would not have correct and relavent information about C2R that would be of interest to me do you??

Information used wisely is never useless
Old 28-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
And you know for sure that someone who posts here would not have correct and relavent information about C2R that would be of interest to me do you??

Information used wisely is never useless

No useless is defined by those who self worth neglects the facts.

however your assumption that I posted for your benefit amuses me.
Old 28-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #9
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Yeah I am thinking that also it would be great to have one but if something happened to it you would be stuffed

Is fibreglass really that fragile??
C2R didn't use fibreglass. They used direct injected molding for their kits, which means they were of the same manufacturing process as the factory kits. Also this means that the kits were highly accurate in mounting, so they were direct replacement for OEM parts using the factory mounts.

These parts are of excellent quality, I wish more manufacturers of after market kits did this - however this is possibly why C2R are hard to find these days. They were expensive - but still you pay for quality.
Old 28-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #10
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am just posting, what I have been told from C2R's Distributors. I believe that they will eventually be available, but whether it is for another 6 months, or a year, who knows.
Old 28-11-2005, 04:47 PM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

LG

Your one of the few valued members of the forums, and I have no doubt what your saying may be correct, at the same time you can understand my concern that whats being said may not be correct.
Old 28-11-2005, 05:15 PM   #12
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
C2R didn't use fibreglass. They used direct injected molding for their kits, which means they were of the same manufacturing process as the factory kits. Also this means that the kits were highly accurate in mounting, so they were direct replacement for OEM parts using the factory mounts.

These parts are of excellent quality, I wish more manufacturers of after market kits did this - however this is possibly why C2R are hard to find these days. They were expensive - but still you pay for quality.

And exactly where in my post did I say that they did?

The fibre glass statement was an after thought
I wanted C2R because it wasnt glass, if I cant get them then glass has to do Thus the question "Is fibreglass that fragile".
Old 28-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #13
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one of the few valued members? oh, that shocks me! I thought we were all valued.

*shock, horror*
Old 28-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #14
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
And exactly where in my post did I say that they did?

The fibre glass statement was an after thought
I wanted C2R because it wasnt glass, if I cant get them then glass has to do Thus the question "Is fibreglass that fragile".
Ah sorry my mistake. :1syellow1 Well anyway, hopefully my post clears up some thoughts about the quality of C2R's kits

And yes, fibreglass IS that fragile. If you have a 'low' car and you happy to say ditch the front going over a speed bump too fast, then expect to lose chunks out of the fibreglass.
Old 28-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #15
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
one of the few valued members? oh, that shocks me! I thought we were all valued.

*shock, horror*

No Stevo, it is everyone except those who assume that a reply to a post is for the benefit of the Postee whom actually posted the said post :
Old 28-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #16
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
Ah sorry my mistake. :1syellow1 Well anyway, hopefully my post clears up some thoughts about the quality of C2R's kits

And yes, fibreglass IS that fragile. If you have a 'low' car and you happy to say ditch the front going over a speed bump too fast, then expect to lose chunks out of the fibreglass.
No Parawolf, my bad, some times I write how I am thinking and it is very easy to missunderstand thanks for the input anyway
Old 28-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #17
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Some are valued for their contributions. Others are valued for their buoyancy when lost at sea.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #18
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
No Parawolf, my bad, some times I write how I am thinking and it is very easy to missunderstand thanks for the input anyway

and that my dear sir leads to a short life span on the forums, a very short life span! :yeees:
Old 28-11-2005, 07:10 PM   #19
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

well, i would LOVE to know whats happening with these blokes too!

I want the BA c2r kit, but i think i might need to wait for a good year or so till they (IF they) get going again so that AWC can mould one and do it in fibre glass! hehehe
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #20
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

dont the DJR 320 falcons that herrod builds use a C2R body kit??? what will they do??? I know it was a while ago, but they sounded as if they had a few orders for them. or have they stopped making the DJR 320 cars??? I thought the kit looked horn (except for the silly bit on the bonnet)

anyway, I thought C2R did an excellent job, i have a v low car with a glass kit, and i think i am keeping the local panel beaters in business by having my front bar repaired so often. I hope they get back on their feet.

I can remember with the AU, when they released their kit, it was the only thing that made AU's look nice
brodfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:15 PM   #21
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I spoke to the Geelong distributor of the C2R stuff, and he told me they (UP Tooling...) were no longer in business, that the moulds had been sold to a mob in QLD, and did not know anymore than that.

He was replacing the rear bar on a car that had the full kit, and said that was the last of his spares. If you own a C2R/Rebel/AUIII etc, chances of getting a replacement may be slim.

I wonder who Ford/FPV get to supply the BA/BF stuff nowadays...
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #22
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

UP Tooling also did the factory bodykits for all the T-Series cars, series 1, 2 and 3 TE50, TS50 and TL50. Worthless info yes I know.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #23
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
I spoke to the Geelong distributor of the C2R stuff, and he told me they (UP Tooling...) were no longer in business, that the moulds had been sold to a mob in QLD, and did not know anymore than that.

He was replacing the rear bar on a car that had the full kit, and said that was the last of his spares. If you own a C2R/Rebel/AUIII etc, chances of getting a replacement may be slim.

Yep U.P. Tooling has been gone for a while... I went to their onsite auction in Braeside about a month ago! Quite tragic to see an entire plant being auctioned, & looking like the employees had only just left for lunch!... It must of happened quickly.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #24
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
Yep U.P. Tooling has been gone for a while... I went to their onsite auction in Braeside about a month ago! Quite tragic to see an entire plant being auctioned, & looking like the employees had only just left for lunch!... It must of happened quickly.
It usually does. I remember being onsite doing IT work for Ansett when it closed up shop. Watching mechanics load possibily hundreds of thousands of dollars of tools into their cars because they didn't think they would get payouts.

Anyway, off topic, on a 'warranty/supply' note, if you bought a genuine Ford "rebel" kit on say an AUIII XR8 or whatever, doesn't Ford have to guarantee supply of spare parts for 7 years or something?
Old 29-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #25
NewPhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
I wonder also........... as my BF Typhoon was due this week and I was told yesterday that it won't arrive till xmas now due to a body kit supply problem.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 10:05 PM   #26
f6xer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPhoon
I wonder also........... as my BF Typhoon was due this week and I was told yesterday that it won't arrive till xmas now due to a body kit supply problem.
New Phoon I am also waiting on my bf f6 so dont feel your on your own. I have also been told it will be delivered by xmas. Torri alias Pirtecgirl is in the same boat as well. : : :
f6xer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #27
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
It usually does. I remember being onsite doing IT work for Ansett when it closed up shop. Watching mechanics load possibily hundreds of thousands of dollars of tools into their cars because they didn't think they would get payouts.

Anyway, off topic, on a 'warranty/supply' note, if you bought a genuine Ford "rebel" kit on say an AUIII XR8 or whatever, doesn't Ford have to guarantee supply of spare parts for 7 years or something?

I enquired at ford they can supply unpainted parts of kits to make one up or a full silver kit but want $5000+

I did manage to get one from Sydney yesterday $1650 + paint and fit, not bad i thought
Old 30-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #28
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Where in Sydney did you get it?

Do they have any more?
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #29
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
Where in Sydney did you get it?