Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #31
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Very good point. GMH itself is reasonably profitable and a strong company - but would have to wonder what happens if can no longer source parts at mates rates from parent company...
Something similiar happened when TWR went into recievership I was told a lot of work was done behind the scenes so the HRT could continue racing (TWR owned HRT) - dont think it would be that same with GM and GHM as there would be far more complications.

Holden could source products from almost anyone to continue building there cars, ie Damiler Chrysler, Toyota, Mitsubishi etc yes it wouldnt be pretty but there would be alternatives to sourcing from GM but whethers is viable is another matter

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #32
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
yes i doubt H standing alone....and i did say holden before so slap on the wrist for me!
Nah, we are all here to help you, dont worry we will have you driving a Ford soon ;)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #33
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

gimme a bf xr6t any time!
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #34
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
but would have to wonder what happens if can no longer source parts at mates rates from parent company...
Sometimes long term supply contracts are better than internal transfer pricing/
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 08:32 PM   #35
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
How typical of unions... its better to have the company go broke and everyone ends up unemployed and also risk the bankruptsy of their customer and its employee's than make concessions to keep people employed albiet at reduced salary's for a short period...
The local unions are threatening to do the same to the local automotive industry when the EBAs are due for renewel in 2006. I heard that they are already playing hardball with some component suppliers and are giving indications that will not back off from their wage claims. People in senior positions have told me that if the unions win next year that a lot of local component suppliers will simply begin to wind down their local manufacturing operations.

As to Delphi USA it is odds on that they will go on strike before Christmas. Which will make GM USA's situation worse. Holden seems to be protected from this to some extent as they have a lot of unsold vehicles which could cover any lost production.

Details about GM's cuts

'Interesting' times ahead.

FF

Last edited by Falcon Freak; 22-11-2005 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Added external link
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post