Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Default latest Motor Mag

reading through the latest motor mag they havent posted any times on the BF or VZ, by the looks of the article they give the SV6 a hammering and declaire the BF the winner on performance handling and build quality. :

one of the comments in the article was that at high revs the HVV6 sounds like its about to tear its self apart, and that they have alot to do in regards to NVH to get it anywhere near the BF.

interesting read non the less.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Nothing new really, Motor (was it Wheels) gave the Holden a hammering when compared to the BA Xr6, so no suprises there.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

when the sv6 first came out i jumped on the bandwagon, but since time went by i have had a bit of a 'meh' reaction towards them...just a higher spec alloytech with a bodykit...dare i say it, i would rather an xr6 too, but they are as common as muck on the roads....for that price i would get something different from both i think
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The SV6 is a disaster but they are around and those who have them seem to be happy with them..

If i had the choice between an Executive and SV6 for 5 - 6 k SV6 would be the way I would go, they are a nice car from the outside, but interior is tacky and old.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:41 PM   #5
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i agree, from the outside they look quite good, but the interior is basically stock commodore
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
Steffo
LPG > You

When the SV6 came out, I was afraid Ford would actually lose in the one area they've been on top of almost forever, the base 6cyl performance (XR6 has dominated this since its inception).

Looks like I was worried for nothing. SV6 couldn't tackle the BA, let alone the BF.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #7
paul7v7
bring it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
When the SV6 came out, I was afraid Ford would actually lose in the one area they've been on top of almost forever, the base 6cyl performance (XR6 has dominated this since its inception).

Looks like I was worried for nothing. SV6 couldn't tackle the BA, let alone the BF.
I was the same. I even recommended a friend to buy an SV6 (he did and he is still happy with it) all based on a presumption it was going to be a better car. It seems the SV6 isn't all it is cracked up to be at all, actually I very disapointed by the alloytec engine as well. Seems the ol boat anchor I6 (as some on a certain other forum have called it) is still kicking some butt.