Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #121
prasac
Banned

Default Re: Damn Aurion vs G6 in a 0-60 dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
You have been a Ford all your life? Don't you hate it when you don't read what you write!
i should check sometimes.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #122
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ted
Has the zr6 got the same tyres as the non sporty models? The Dunlop 300as on my ATX are terrible tyres. I think that good tyres would make a big difference. Mine will torque steer pretty badly even when overtaking from say 80 - 120, but once you get used to it it's not the end of the world...unless it's wet that is.
runs Michelin Energy 215/55/17 i drive 80-90% of the time 1-handed (one of the reasons i got the Aurion, better steering wheel for 1 hand driving ), at the track i go 2-handed only when braking. drives very smoothly.

i've done 50,00km's tyres are down to about 75% on front and 70% on rear, which i think is pretty damn good considering how i drive

Last edited by prasac; 26-04-2011 at 03:52 PM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #123
xr8ted

I would say the tyres make a fair bit of difference then. The dunlops only lasted 25k on mine. Not good.
Old 27-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #124
kpcart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss92
well iv got an untouched g6, 5 spd auto.. n have definitely out accelerated aurions to the speed limit. on bp 98 or v power ofcours
let me guess you were the only one racing, and then made up the story about the carpark, only idiots race in a carpark.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #125
MexicanBatman
Banned

I read on another forum a dude did a 1:17 at Wakefield in a dead stock aurion, and by the end the std tyres were melted and the brake pads were ash, claims an easy 1:16 if the pads didn't die, how's that compare to a stock family car of any make on stock setup?
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #126
winkle

The other thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post was the noise from the tyres. On certain surfaces, usually coarse chip, the road noise is unbelievably loud. A change in surface usually has me adjusting the radio volume quick smart.

So far the tyres on my work Aurion have done 22,500 kms and look like they will do three times that. These cars are usually changed over at 90,000km, but you only get allowance for one replacement set in that. I should be Ok there.

If you reckon you feel like a grandpa driving it, multiply this by 10 when your work name and logo is plastered all over the car: below the boot lid, on the bonnet, on both sides and at the top of the front and rear windscreen. On the plus side, this stops me fanging it (because people do make complaints) and so torque steer isn't a problem.

Maybe the seats just suit me, but I've never fely uncomfortable in them, and I have a bulging disc which give me buggery every now and then.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #127
nasss92

kpcart.. it was to 80 on a part of king georges road were the speed limit is 80.. so quick to jump down someone elses throat n shout names. not all p platers are wreckless idiots just like im sure not all fully licensed members on this forum are dimwitted enough to jump to such conclusions .. and who said anything about a carpark????

tone down the attitude champ.. just offering my experience, if you dont have anything valid to say bar jump to a conclusion with no evidence (and no relevance to the thread) then simply put dont comment

sorry for going on a slight rant ther.. all praise is towards the g6, am thoroughly enjoying the car, the in gear torque of the I6 outdoes any rice burner i have been in, aurion included.
nasss92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #128
spvd02

I'm pretty sure Wheels or Motor have track tested several cars (BFYB?) 2-4 years ago, where the Fiesta XR4 was quicker around the track than the Aurion.

Sounds like the Aurion is quick in a straight line, but must be pretty average through the bends compared to others. On it's own it might be fine, though, just not when compared to others.
* Mods: Fox cat-back exhaust, Simota CAI, larger intercooler, Spider iMode chip-tuning plug in.

Engine responds very well to mods, but auto gearbox can become unsettled trying to cope with the extra torque. Good fuel economy overall: 9-12L/100km city, 8L/100 country.
spvd02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #129
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs up Re: Damn Aurion vs G6 in a 0-60 dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss92

Sorry for going on a slight rant there... All praise is towards the g6, i am thoroughly enjoying the car, the in gear torque of the I6 outdoes any rice burner i have been in, aurion included.
Here here ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 03:22 AM   #130
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
let me guess you were the only one racing, and then made up the story about the carpark, only idiots race in a carpark.
How fast does your EB Fairmont go? More to the point, both the Aurion and G6 would have your EB V8 for lunch, goes to show how far we've come since 1992.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #131
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
Future banning potential there!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #132
Chopped
as in chopped

Aurion is faster >

Source - http://www.caradvice.com.au/14484/fo...ar-comparison/

(The G6E won the comparo though, Presara was third)
Old 28-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #133
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Aurion is faster >

Source - http://www.caradvice.com.au/14484/fo...ar-comparison/

(The G6E won the comparo though, Presara was third)
they are still good quarter times for family runnabouts..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #134
MexicanBatman
Banned

Thing I like better is the car advice G6E turbo test, the got it doing 0-100km/h in 4.9x!

edit....

Last edited by MexicanBatman; 28-04-2011 at 02:54 PM.
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #135
xr8ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
they are still good quarter times for family runnabouts..
Yep my old EF XR8 only managed 0-100 in 6.7 and 0-400m in 14.7 after I had done the intake, full exhaust, under drives, and larger maf so it would have gotten killed by one of these family hacks when standard. Progress is an amazing thing sometime.
Old 29-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #136
John_Doe
Starter Motor

The hire Aurion that I drove surprised me with its straight line speed.

Was rubbish through the corners but amazingly quick off the line.
John_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #137
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Aurion is faster >

I got a pair of Accord V6 Luxury's as my fleet cars. I drive one, my father drives the other. Both identicle, both followed each other off the production line, both the same colour. Only difference is that i am twice as heavy than my father. Funny thing is, mine whips his car by a hole car length getting to 120km. Factory variences in tolerances can make big differences on high revving v6's. (lol Honda has V-Tec!)

I have yet to meet an Aurion than can match me 0-100, rather interesting for just a 5 speed auto.

My point is this though: Having driven many FWD and RWD cars, experienced the Aurion well, i still rate the Accord as the best large V6 money can buy including the Falcon.............and yet i still strongly believe the FG Falcon IS the best large/family vehicle ever made! I am due for a new car, and it diffidently wont be a FWD

Accord and Aurion are great cars. But no matter how much they try and match (and beat at times) RWD in many aspects, they still fall short on being "drivers cars" IMHO. But they have come a long way.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #138
don999
Starter Motor

mmmmmmmmm, yes it's smaller and lighter.... HOWEVER ...

if you want to go quickER buy turboXR6, beg at the bank, sell the kids, sell your grandparents, but get a turbo and you wont be disapointed!

at 5.0 seconds to 100 in the FG series, you wont be able to tell if it was an aurion, or camry or what colour cardigan the toyota driver was wearing

BTW the best XR6Turbo colour is RED, coz you cant see the turbo badge
don999 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #139
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz93ED
FWD will always have that edge right off the line.
This line doesn't seem right...

Don't see why it'd have the edge seeing weight transfer due to acceleration takes weight off the front wheels. Really think RWD has an edge here and AWD even more so.

I have a hell of a time getting the Alfa off the line cleanly in D mode... 173kw and 340nm @ 1900rpm in a fwd that weighs ~ 1300kg tends to do that.
2011 Audi A4 2.7 TDI - gone
2012 Audi A5 3.0 Quattro Coupe - gone
2007 FPV GT - gone
1996 EFII Fairmont Ghia - gone

Last edited by 5.4 GT; 06-12-2011 at 11:55 PM.
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #140
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by don999

Umm on red cars its black...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #141
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just today we went over to Emerald with our son and his missus and thier bub in his '07 Aurion V6 auto. It went fine, accelerated hard, probably harder than our G6E, but then again, I consoled myself that there didn't seem to be as much rear seat room, and the interior was a bit bland for my liking compared to the G6E. Also it wasn't as nice a ride with four adults inside and a load of shopping in the boot.

Nothing wrong with the Aurion as a car, but it's "just a lump of car"...the styling of the new ones is good, but still nothing outstanding.

I don't care if it's got more poke...I'd rather waft along in comfort in the G6E, thank you very much. That isn't a dig a the Aurion as a bad car, it's jus it isn't as good a car as the G6E...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM   #142
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Does the EcoLPI even up the competition? I'd be curious the see how that, with it's better acceleration times compared to the Petrol G6, stacks up against the Aurion?

Lukeyson
Old 08-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #143
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by don999
mmmmmmmmm, yes it's smaller and lighter.... HOWEVER ...

if you want to go quickER buy turboXR6, beg at the bank, sell the kids, sell your grandparents, but get a turbo and you wont be disapointed!

at 5.0 seconds to 100 in the FG series, you wont be able to tell if it was an aurion, or camry or what colour cardigan the toyota driver was wearing

Cardigan....

Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.4 GT
This line doesn't seem right...

Don't see why it'd have the edge seeing weight transfer due to acceleration takes weight off the front wheels. Really think RWD has an edge here and AWD even more so.

I have a hell of a time getting the Alfa off the line cleanly in D mode... 173kw and 340nm @ 1900rpm in a fwd that weighs ~ 1300kg tends to do that.
For ever so slight a time. My sister has a TS magna... and that throws itself forward pretty quickly for about two seconds. Then again that little mitsi 4 pot is pretty rorty... makes the whole car vibrate. (Probably why she likes that car so much.......)

So take slight edge as.... ever so brief.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #144
RAPID_BA
Banned

First gear the aurion is quick. But thereafter the g6 will sort it out.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #145
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

In March we will see a new Aurion and faster times, like the new Camry that is about to be released. (I mean the new Camry has more power than its precdecessor.)