Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Chris_Rogers01

Default Courier shipping Thread!

Hey guys i wanted to create a thread for everyone rather then a single question. this is to everyone that has had experience with large/small distance courier shipping. things im after is best company's to go with, state, bad experiences, best prices things of all that nature. and any other thoughts or experiences with shipping are also welcome =)

Chris_Rogers01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
Chris_Rogers01

Default Re: Courier shipping Thread!

now ill get it started im looking at getting wheels shipping from NSW to OLD what should i be expecting i have never done shipping through a private courier so its all very new to me, any suggestions are welcome.
Old 23-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been using www.e-go.com.au as they let you go depot to depot or the usual door to door.
I just got 4 rims (17x 7.5) from Mildura to Brisbane (depot to depot) for just under $50.00. Took about 5-6 days but for the price I didn't mind and I've had no problems with them.Like you do for any courier, just make sure things are packed well in sturdy cartons. For the rims the guy put them in some cartons he got from Bob Jane.Have also had a front fiberglass bar sent from Adeliade to Brisbane with no problems.
You also have the option of insuring your goods if you wish.
Old 24-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Chris_Rogers01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus
I have been using www.e-go.com.au as they let you go depot to depot or the usual door to door.
I just got 4 rims (17x 7.5) from Mildura to Brisbane (depot to depot) for just under $50.00. Took about 5-6 days but for the price I didn't mind and I've had no problems with them.Like you do for any courier, just make sure things are packed well in sturdy cartons. For the rims the guy put them in some cartons he got from Bob Jane.Have also had a front fiberglass bar sent from Adeliade to Brisbane with no problems.
You also have the option of insuring your goods if you wish.
Hey mate that sounds like the best option Ive heard so far, mine maybe a little more expensive as im looking at shipping 4x 18x8 with tyres from Newcastle area to sunshine coast but i couldn't expect it through this particular company making me making a quote with me saying no to, i may even consider getting them to do a drop off at their depot at Brisbane and getting transport down to save a few dollars. Cheers though mate
Old 24-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

FYI, rough weight of 18x8's with tires is usually around 25-30kg's per wheel/tire...
Old 24-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
Chris_Rogers01

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrghiawagon
FYI, rough weight of 18x8's with tires is usually around 25-30kg's per wheel/tire...

Yeah i got the email from a seller, each is 25kg and ill ring up the E go tomorrow and get a quote
Old 24-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
Jimmyd
Banned

I've been using www.e-go.com.au for approx three years now shipping just about anything too large for Aust Post - wheels, replacement panels, tents, complete diff assemblies, etc - never had a problem shipping from all over the country to North Queensland and visa versa. Good price and reliable service is a combo that is hard to beat.
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
LightningStrike

I support the above comments regarding e-go.

I just shipped a set of 19's with tyres from Wollongong to Cairn and they arrived on the day specified and the cost was decent.

Use the Depot to Depot shipping option to save money, and be sure to package well.

I have used them to send and to receive wheels (funnily enough, the wheels I sold to Cairns I had bought from Brisbane!) and have found them to be good. The ability to arrange everything online is excellent!

Winter White AUII eGas 1 Tonner Goooone!

Winter White SY Ghia AWD 6spd Injected Gas
Mazda 3 SP25GT
==========================
LightningStrike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Kryton

Another one for E-Go couriers.
have used them for 4wd rims with tyres, a bullbar and a few other odds and ends.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Another vote for E-go. The other one I use regularly is smartsend.com.au. I have used both of them many times with no problems.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post