Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 
Smile Some of my best auto electrical work yet

Just thought id throw up a few pics of my latest job at work as im a little proud of it.*Im actually about to finish my auto electrical apprenticeship and am looking for a job fitting out new cars/trucks/machinery.

On friday i was given the very rare chance to do my favorite type of work. REWIRING!!! *

So the machine i actually a detachable unit that sits on the back of a large flat bed truck, its used by essential energy (formerly country energy) to pull new power lines over power poles and tourqe them correctly. Its capable of pulling three lines at once.*

Currently there are four of them with this one being the third one (our workshops first) to suffer from an electrical fire with less then 50hours use.*

This one had a large solenoid internally short to earth caising a main power feed to melt and cause a chain reaction of other short circuits. made a bloddy big mess anyway. So i got the job of rewiring 90% of it.

Heres a few quick phone pics of what i did and how it looked when i finnished

I'll put up pics of the machine tommorow

Old 12-11-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Some of my best auto electrical work yet

Ill let you rewire my car if ya like
saam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice effort, good to see you take pride in your work, something that seems to be not as widely practiced these days. 10/10.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

You'd like my line of work, I'm an apprentice auto elec as well but we only do wiring looms and other associated electronics on emergency vehicles.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
nice effort, good to see you take pride in your work, something that seems to be not as widely practiced these days. 10/10.
I have to agree.
Good work and I do hope you get the role you're after.
Keep up the good work ethic, hopefully it can rub off on others.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #6
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saam
Ill let you rewire my car if ya like
Lol its not that far off. In march i'll be starting my own business doing groum up full rewires in hotrods, classics, jet boats, and of course the typical tidy street cruiser. For my first job i'll be offering labour completely free with only the cost of parts be billed. In return i want to get a photo shoot of the car to show the work i can do and use it as advertising to kick the bussiness off. Im looking for something that clean, tidy and tuff lol, something that will stand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
You'd like my line of work, I'm an apprentice auto elec as well but we only do wiring looms and other associated electronics on emergency vehicles.
Mate i would love that kind of work!!! I do alot of work for the local Rural fire service as they like to spec up their trucks. The whole time im working im wishing i could oneday do the original fitouts.*
I would love some work experience (unpaid of course) doing the work your doing, if theres a chance of getting a week can you pm me? Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
I have to agree.
Good work and I do hope you get the role you're after.
Keep up the good work ethic, hopefully it can rub off on others.
Thanks heaps guys
Old 12-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #7
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry about all the spelling errors these iphone keypads are useless
Old 12-11-2011, 02:21 AM   #8
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Some of my best auto electrical work yet

No offence mate, but if you want to post pics of your work, make sure you post pics of the damage before you fix it.

And a word of advice, if you can fix problems that are very visible, take as many before and after photos as you can as they will help you secure a job much easier than your ability to sell yourself to a future employer.

Pictures tell a thousand words.

Nice work though. If I was chasing an Auto sparky, I'd be after that kind of quality.

EDIT: I read you are starting your own business. Good luck and as I said, before and after photos will really sell your talents.

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2011, 02:27 AM   #9
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i understand what you mean no offence taken, but its sort hard to do so. Our work if pretty busy and our pay is based on billable hours so if i stuff around i dont get payed much. Those photos were taken after i clocked off. i'll be back there tommorow so if the cleaner hasnt thrown it all out i'll take some pictures of the melted mess that i pulled out.

Last edited by XARATE; 12-11-2011 at 02:40 AM.
XARATE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #10
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Some of my best auto electrical work yet

Mate, as a leader in a company, if you were to show before and after pics of your work, I would shortlist you pretty quick based on the finished product.

As long as your safety attitude and approach to your work was as high a level as your output, I would strongly recommend you for any Auto Electrical position.

But it's all about the evidence. So regardless of the clock, make sure you can get as many before and after pics of your work as you can, and demonstrate you can do it safely, you are laughing.

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #11
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On another note.

Thats looks like artwork.

good to see you are proud of your achievements.
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
ZDHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post