Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #121
XBCoupeGuy
XBCoupeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
That reminds me of a story.

Mate and I once got a lap dance at the mens gallery. Gave the girl $20 each.

Dance went for ages, and she was treating both of us real nice. I'm thinking 'she wants me' . Bargain!

20 mins later when the dance was over, we both went to get a drink and when we got our wallets out to pay we realised we had each given her $50!!

A few years back a mate came down from Brisbane for a week so I decided to take him out on the town and show him a good time. I took him to "The Crazy Horse" strip club in Hindley Street (Adelaide) and we enjoyed a few lap dances from some lovely young ladies.

There was one particular hottie who I was hoping would wander past our table and enquire if I would like a private show.

She did eventually come over, but disappointingly, as hot as she was, her lap dance was crap. The thing that really annoyed me was that I could hear her sniffing and I thought to myself "This b itch has got a cold!!".

Yes sure enough, guess who had a raging cold for the next week. Not happy!

So I got a crap lap dance for $50 and a wicked cold thrown in for free :-(
XBCoupeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #122
creative
I am Batman

another one not car related:

I managed to acquire my panasonic plasma for not alot!

They retailed for around 1800gpb ($2900 approx) for a paltry sum of 100gbp ($160) and no, it wasnt nicked!
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #123
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBCoupeGuy
She did eventually come over, but disappointingly, as hot as she was, her lap dance was crap. The thing that really annoyed me was that I could hear her sniffing and I thought to myself "This b itch has got a cold!!".

Yes sure enough, guess who had a raging cold for the next week. Not happy!

So I got a crap lap dance for $50 and a wicked cold thrown in for free :-(
think yourself lucky thats all you caught!
Old 24-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #124
munkky
turbo mafia

back in the day we got a tv from kmart 80cm and just before the Warranty ran out it stuffed up.so we took it back to them and they said its gonna take 3 months and cos it was school holidays we just got our mony back and got another tv.
what do you know 3 months later we got a call from kmart saying come pick up your tv that got fixed lol hahahahahahhahahahh

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
munkky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #125
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

We ordered an LG 50" plasma from Myer a while ago. It was $1500, with 3 years warranty. Got told there was a 6 week wait. We weren't in a hurry, so we said ok. 6 weeks later I still hadn't heard anything. Gave them a ring, got told it would be another 2 weeks. Still hadn't heard anything so I rang again. Was told LG was no longer supplying that particular model, they would give me another TV instead. I was given a choice between two, a Panasonic Viera, and another I can't remember right now. I chose the one with the closest specs to the original LG, which was the Panasonic, and the specs where a lot better anyway. Was told this TV only had 2 year warranty. So I said the reason I chose the LG was the 3 years warranty. They agreed to give me a 3 year extended warranty worth $300 for free. The thing is it only start after the manufacturer warranty expires, so in effect I have 5 years warranty. When I went to see how much this TV retailed for at Myer, it was retailing for $2600.
So we got $2900 worth for $1500.

*oh and they threw in free delivery!
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #126
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Bought a 302 Clevo block, with crank and cam in it for a packet of smokes yesterday.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #127
Jeddak
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeGlaze
I bought fuel for 52 cents per Litre once - but as with all these type of stories - that was a while ago. Lets not confuse a fair price at the time for a bargain in todays world!
Amen to that .... I remember when a brand new toyota landcruiser trayback was six grand , to day?? sixty grand +.
of course the old new ones did not have just about every thing that we hold dear today, then it was just ,cab/ drive line/ axles/tray/tyres/glass /odds and
sods.
my first car ( datsun 1000 wagon ) had 13x7 mags on ,and the tyres cost
(Olympic Reflex radials)$18.00 each new!(half my weeks wages for one)

Then the average mechanic go forty bucks a week and that was good money
as a first year i got 36 a week and that was with four hours o/t included
This was 1973

so every thing is relative
O5 / 05 SX TS RWD Winter White, Driving Lights, Flaps, Racks, Turbo Grille, Ghia Bumper Trims and tailgate chrome , Colour Coded Mirrors,Tint,h/d towbar and chrome tow ball ,Sy chrome Beltline molds , leather and chrome shifter and Ghia Leather bound steering wheel
Stainless steel number plate frames and shifter quadrant, leather arm rest
All reconditioned SZ front suspension now in place
Chrome door pull inserts with chrome inner latch handles done
Jeddak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #128
CODSASR

Last year my cousin picked up a HZ sandman ute for $500 only had 90,000 miles no rust perfect interior, the guy said the motor was siezed so we get it off the trailer back at my cousins place and thought we would try and turn it over sure enough nothing happend cousin decided to change the battery and it started first go so for $500 he got the best condition sandman I have ever seen.

was in a shed in port headland practicly its whole life the paint still looks like new only scratch it has is in the tray and is only 30 cm long
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #129
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many moons ago, a mate at Uni had the following experience:
He saw an ad for a Falcon going DIRT cheap; “Not going suit parts.” He rang and enquired because he was always chasing bits for his Fords, and was particularly after bucket seats and T-Bar to replace the bench in one he was working on. So the seller says “yes it’s got bucket seats, the kind that tip forward so you can get in the back.” When asked what was wrong with it, re replied that the engine worked fine, but the car just wouldn’t move, so you’ll need to put it on a trailer and tow it away. So my mate came and examined the COUPE, bought it on the spot, came back with a bottle of tranny fluid and drove it away. A new gasket on the tranny sump, and it was as good as gold. What’s more, he found hundreds of dollars worth of new spares in the boot.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 11:59 PM   #130
yanknbank
Very regular

Back in 1995 was offered a low mileage VK Charger with the big 360 Hemi V8 for $2500.
I passed on the deal. You idiot.
Old 28-10-2010, 01:36 AM   #131
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Quote:
Back in 1995 was offered a low mileage VK Charger with the big 360 Hemi V8 for $2500.
I passed on the deal. You idiot.
would've been great for the kids inheritance!
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #132
79FordEsky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Times you've been told a price and thought "Lemme' just get my wallet :|"

A few months ago I bought my first car 1979 Ford Esky Ghia 2lt 4spd pacemaker headers and running with 99% rust free and bought it for a bargain of $300 and currently rebuilding it she is a beaut looking to get her finished in about 8 months because of school.
79FordEsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #133
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Times you've been told a price and thought "Lemme' just get my wallet :|"

Went with a couple of mates some years back to an old farmers place where rusty old Holdens littered the property. Sitting near the house were a number of old motors, and one was under a piece of corrugated iron with a tarp over it. Mate asked what it was, and the old guy said "That's out of my old EH sedan...old girl went like a rocket until I hit a tree stump down near the gate...wrecked her for parts and kept the motor and box".

Pulls back the tarp and it's a HP motor with two speed Powerglide, fitted with the cast iron two piece "headers" and twin Strommies off a "H2" HR Holden. "You can have it for $50...used to go like a rocket that old thing".
Mate almost ripped his pocket off getting his wallet out so fast...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #134
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

at bendigo swap meet i was running the k&m h.d.motorcycles stall and was so busy i couldn't get away for a look for 6 hours when i finally did bugger me dead 30m away bloke had a complete wla harley in bits in a trailer with extra parts $500 for the lot.....problem was i walked up just as some lucky #@%* was handing over the cash !!...not happy jan
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #135
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I was servicing mum's car and I forgot to get a sump plug washer, so I quickly drove down to the local auto store and I gave them the bolt, asking if I could get a washer to suit.

After 30 seconds he comes back with a felt washer, I go pull my wallet out and he goes don't worry its free.

And that was the best deal I've ever had. LOL
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #136
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

in '06, when I was looking for a "first car" (by this I mean, car I could take off the road and fix up), I came across a mates brother who was selling his HZ, running, Panel Van.
Offered him 400, he only wanted 200. Chyeah no worries, doesn't come with the stereo though, or reg. Still, yeah no worries!!
Go to pick it up "eh, couldn't be bothered ripping out the stezza so take it..." fair enough.

Go to get a permit a few months later to drive it to a few places to get some work done. "yeah, we can't give you a permit" "Oh ****, its stolen" "Nah, its still registered." He forgot to cash in his reg.
Took viroads more than 3 months to tell me I couldn't drive it anymore, till I got a RWC.
This beast, not only has some decent wheels, and the quadrajet carb, edelbrock manifold and a few other bits and pieces done to it. It was profesionally carpeted as well.
Best deal I've ever done.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #137
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

A mate of mine who for some silly reason love old benz's came across a add for a 250SE.

Get the little old lady on the phone and starts haglling around the 3,000 dollar mark, it was advertised for 3500 i think which is about the going price for a reasonable late 60's benz.

Then asks a few more questions, the realises it might be a coupe (worth lots more) so he asked is it a 2 door. No she said. It's a 1 door. As in 1 door each side.

He couldnt get there fast enough and bought it on the spot.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #138
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotski
in '06, when I was looking for a "first car" (by this I mean, car I could take off the road and fix up), I came across a mates brother who was selling his HZ, running, Panel Van.
Offered him 400, he only wanted 200. Chyeah no worries, doesn't come with the stereo though, or reg. Still, yeah no worries!!
Go to pick it up "eh, couldn't be bothered ripping out the stezza so take it..." fair enough.

Go to get a permit a few months later to drive it to a few places to get some work done. "yeah, we can't give you a permit" "Oh ****, its stolen" "Nah, its still registered." He forgot to cash in his reg.
Took viroads more than 3 months to tell me I couldn't drive it anymore, till I got a RWC.
This beast, not only has some decent wheels, and the quadrajet carb, edelbrock manifold and a few other bits and pieces done to it. It was profesionally carpeted as well.
Best deal I've ever done.
I hope you've still got it! Not enough panel vans around these days!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #139
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Re: Times you've been told a price and thought "Lemme' just get my wallet :|"

OK lets go back to 1975
I bought an HK Monaro GTS 327
in a car yard for wait for it
$1750 yes less than 2K
we had that for about 2 years then
along comes the 3rd kid
and I traded it in on a Valiant station wagon
if only Id known what would happen in the future
about 1976 I was offered a GT HO Phase 3 for $4K
and I told the fellow you only paid $4 and a half K
why would I pay that much for a second hand one
like others have said time is relevant
at the time you could buy a house for $10K
anyway thats my life S happens
John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #140
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Iv been lucky a few times but my best bargan was my XD.
I had been looking for a V8 XD for nearly a year and came across a T code 351 rolling shell for $600 it was a bit rough but it was a T code.
While I was arranging a trailer I had a mate call me up asking if I was interested in a factory 351 4spd XD that was sitting in his work mates back yard. He said that it was in good condition with no rust I went for a look and the body was straight with minor rust but the paint had shat itself.
I got told the history of the car which was 1 owner before him, he had the car about 5 years and drove it for a year before parking it.
I asked a price and he wanted $1000 for it so a put a bottle of wild turkey rare breed down as a deposit and 2 weeks later when I picked it up he said he cam across some motor bits for it I could have it was a full acl rebuild kit with flat top pistons.
I later got the car running and decided that I didn't need the rebuild kit and sold it for $400.
I'm happy with that deal.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #141
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of my nephews maybe eight or nine years ago picked up an XD at a farm clearance deceased estate auction in far north QLD. The auctioneer, who he knew, said that the auction was open to offers to the family on any items before the sale started, so he made one and got it. He sold it about a year later for a profit, but still wishes he'd kept it.

An XD S-Pack, yellow, Volante factory alloys, four speed toploader, 351, 9" diff, air con, power steer, cloth interior, 8000km on the clock...

$3500...
Someone from Brisbane apparently bought it...anyone here?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #142
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
I hope you've still got it! Not enough panel vans around these days!

Sure do!! She's sitting in storage right now, waiting for me to tow her up to my new place so I can start stripping her down and completely rebuilding her.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #143
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Bought 4 new wheels for the Courier, black sunraiser style King steelies. Came with 2 new 31" Cooper S/T's and two worn ones.

RRP on wheels = ~$90 each
RRP on tyres = ~$250 each

$402 to my door. Shame they wont fit without a lift kit installed....

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post