Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
gregg_13
2016 PX2 Ranger XLT

Default Does this sound too cheap?

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-V...AdIdZ303305596

Maybe becuase its an SA version, but if all the numbers match this still sounds cheap to me

gregg_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
ACEz

Default Re: Does this spund too cheap

Not sure on price but the paint isn't original.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

I would say that the fellow just wants to sell the car and has picked a realistic price.

When I say realistic price, I think that there are many people still living in the past and have not caught up to what cars are really worth these days.

I certainly don't think that it is too cheap.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
I would say that the fellow just wants to sell the car and has picked a realistic price.

When I say realistic price, I think that there are many people still living in the past and have not caught up to what cars are really worth these days.

You have hit the nail on the head mate, my sentiments exactly

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4
spebgtsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

it's stated in his ad that it's a S.A. version, they always go cheap. Since it's not original, it's 'roughly' the right price, maybe a tad high even.

I hope the mileage is listed incorrectly as having over 700,000KM could take some of the appeal away
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
hankscorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull

100% agree with this - many people are still trying for the musclecar boom\pre GFC prices but I've noticed a small but growing number of cars hitting the market at more realistic prices as they're actually keen to sell..

I think I'm getting closer to finding a realistically priced XR GT as the market slowly comes back to the true enthusiasts..
hankscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im lost. 'SA' version?
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyxe
Im lost. 'SA' version?

South African Fairmont GT..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
gregg_13
2016 PX2 Ranger XLT

My initial thoughts after owning the XP and seeing the amount of money that would need to go into that car to get it back to its glory, were that 20k was more realistic, but i read the ad wrong, i thought it said 78,724, i was figuring if that was right then it hadnt been driven much, althought i think the odo only goes to 99,999. although there may be another digit on the XY's.
I know ive seen a few restored with the Rhino sticker set instead of the Roo, which i know was not an original, more a little tongue in cheak at the cars origin.
gregg_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And no matter what we say and comment on what it's worth, at the end of the day it's only worth what YOU are willing to pay.

(But I'm so poor at the moment I can't even afford to pay attention..)

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4
spebgtsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Yup - nothing wrong with that price - it is a seller who is realistic and wants to sell his car - rather than have it sit on the market forever, whilst spectators and non-buyers pick it apart...

Best of luck to him, could be a great car for someone who wants to enter into the XY market with something that is an interesting car...
Old 09-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #12
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Does this sound too cheap?

not too sure about price but definitely see the car and do the usual checks before parting with your hardearned

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post