Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #61
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Weekender as your daily?

No when the cops are involved Mitch prefers his plastic GT..LOL

Honestly, you only live once, if you want to drive an older car everyday then do it.

Id actually love to build a retomod falcon, an X series with an A or B series running gear etc. Perfect compromise.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #62
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that spec with the skinnys is exactly how it went over the pits.. 100% legit..
was ****ed it wasnt running for the last protest rally..
so i stashed out rear of field with my paper bag over me head in the plastic..

police element has never scared me.. its my hobby, my passion, i say bring it on...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #63
nb_351
building the xe...

As long as it's all legit you should enjoy the attention and laugh at them trying to defect it
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #64
IEAT8S
Turbo Power

its all enginiered so there shouldnt be any probs... i think it might get annoying everytime you go for a drive you gona pulled over
IEAT8S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #65
nb_351
building the xe...

youd be ducking and weaving everywhere lol
i drove my car from one house to the other once with no rego and it was hair raising lol
Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #66
prasac
Banned

Police are pretty smart these days as long as u have all the paperwork all is good. we take the Capri out all the time, clocks up maybe 200km's a week. because it's not loud (4L V8, low comp) cops don't look at it twice. being a new DOHC, EFI its using bugger all fuel and runs like a dream. people don't like the 2-speed but with the right gearing its not a prob, u can do 80k in first, drop it to 2nd and cruise around at 110 on 2000rpm
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #67
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
Police are pretty smart these days as long as u have all the paperwork all is good. we take the Capri out all the time, clocks up maybe 200km's a week. because it's not loud (4L V8, low comp) cops don't look at it twice. being a new DOHC, EFI its using bugger all fuel and runs like a dream. people don't like the 2-speed but with the right gearing its not a prob, u can do 80k in first, drop it to 2nd and cruise around at 110 on 2000rpm
Yup, can understand people getting annoyed to the car driving besides them sitting on 5000-6000rpm at 60km/h.....
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #68
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
awesome **** Pauly.. build it and drive it.. too many become shed ornaments...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #69
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
awesome **** Pauly.. build it and drive it.. too many become shed ornaments...
it's sad alot of cars become like that. we get used to the luxuries. ok, there is no stereo or a/c. the Capri used to have a stereo and just the factory fan, but when it was a 302W you couldn't hear the stereo and a fan does nothing in the heat, so it got removed back then Joe drove the Capri daily, took it out to the track ran a 10.5@127 and drove it home, he didn't have another car. if a mate didn't come along he drove it there on slicks, it's how it was done. living and growing up in sydney's west, not everyone had alot of spare cash. the priorities were engine & driveline, then body and if there is any money left over some luxuries now, the thing is quiet as a mouse, and to be honest you don't miss the music, why would u need it when u have a sweet sounding V8 to listen to and an A/C back in the 60's and 70's an A/C was rolling down the window you're driving something u spent alot of blood, sweat, tears and money on, cruising around in the heat for a little bit, is that really so bad?

a couple mates took their cars out to Harry's at Liverpool on Saturday a week ago, we took the Capri also, it was thundering and raining like crazy, it was actually the guys with the newer cars that backed out because of the rain meanwhile, an 8-sec Capri, 10-sec Cortina and 11-sec Commodore are cruising out in the rain. we had guys coming over didn't believe we drove the cars out, we were looking at each other like WTF

Last edited by prasac; 04-10-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #70
nb_351
building the xe...

Awesome mate maybe oneday I'll be in the same boat lol
Old 04-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #71
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_351
Awesome mate maybe oneday I'll be in the same boat lol
good stuff, all the best with it. need more tough cars out west sydney
Old 05-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #72
Parkway
I Like Turtles

The problem I see with owning a respectable car isn't the everyday wear and tear, or the lack of a/c but the fact that there's always someone out there that loves your car more than you do. I'd rather have it locked up in my garage than someone else's.
Parkway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #73
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkway
The problem I see with owning a respectable car isn't the everyday wear and tear, or the lack of a/c but the fact that there's always someone out there that loves your car more than you do. I'd rather have it locked up in my garage than someone else's.
Very true, takes less than 20 seconds to break old cars, you'd want to have a Fort Knox style security setup to keep it secure.