Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #31
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 
Default Re: WA Barbagello Raceway - noise issues

how much do you want for your house? i would love to move to sunny Western Australia.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #32
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
how much do you want for your house? i would love to move to sunny Western Australia.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #33
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
i live in the flight path of a RAAF base.. i moved there knowing that.. when the planes are out i crack a beer and go ******* cool plane ey.....
Yep! That is the old Aussie spirit.

I live 1km from the Newcastle Entertainment centre, 800m from the Broadmeadow horse track and 1.2km from the Football stadium and trot track. More importantly about 100m from the railway.

I hear noise all the time, but i knew all that before i bought here. In fact, if I head outside I get to watch fireworks, listen to some concerts and hear the race calling all for free!

To the OP, you bought in the area knowing a race track was established. In that regard it is your fault if you aren't happy. I do agree though that the building houses ever closer is the wrong thing to do.

PS I can only wish I had a local venue for drags / circuit racing. I have to travel 150km each way. Noise primarily is what stopped a circuit / complex from being built 30km away. The dozen residents (who built illegally back in the 1970/80s on rural land) under the RAAF Williamtown flightpath claim the noise will affect them. They also complain about the airbase noise too. Oh and the Pacific highway which is 1km away...

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
Old 02-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #34
metallurg

Wow. You guys are cranky this morning.

The OP wasn't really saying he had a problem with the noise - he was saying that OTHER people who are likely to move there will have a problem. And that will mean complaints about the noise, which will inevitably mean that Barbagallo gets shut down.

Those from WA would remember the same thing happened to the Ravenswood drag strip a few years back. (OK, so Kwinana is a better facility, but I digress).

Surely if there's a way to stop the noise complaints in the first place, this is a better outcome than having the facility shut down by those people who WILL complain, even though the track was there before them?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #35
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was at the Classic adelaide rally the other day, they go down roads when its not busy, advertise for months in advance and still the odd person complains like the worlds going to end cos they cant go down their normal road for a couple of hours. And That person gets lots of negative media attention towards the rally. Nothing worse than whingers!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #36
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Some here should really think about their tone, some pretty raw posts and close to being insulting or argumentative.

I think I have read enough, Message loud and clear and we are done here.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #37
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now how would it be to grab some ambulance chase like Slater & Gordon and take a class action against those who complained forcing THEM to pay for a new race track.

That may stop future whingers.

And while they are at it, a new law structure:
Complain about phone towers, you cannot use mobile phones.
Complain about airports, you are put on the "no fly" list.
Complain about carbon pollution, you get your connection to the power grid cut and are not allowed to travel in any fossil fuel powered vehicle.

There is far too much "stuff everyone else, I want everything my way" in this country.
Closed Thread