Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #91
stang65
FPRJET

Default Re: Falcon ute going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford PR
Hi everyone, Just thought that I'd dispel any rumours that are out there at the moment. Falcon remains an extremely important part of the Ford line-up. That’s why we’re continuing to invest in Falcon and Territory. As is normal practice, we are currently working our future model plans but don't expect to see anything about our future plans just yet. We hope you understand that we can't reveal any future strategies to our competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Are Ford planning on doing anything to dispel the viscious rumours that have been circulating about Ford Australia's/Falcons demise, or are they going to continue saying nothing until it becomes so bad that no one would even consider buying one due to all the negative sentiment.

The ABC killed Mitsubishi with a lot of negative stories, have Ford learnt nothing. And they probably wonder why Falcon isn't selling. Constant negative stories in the media, and Ford continues to do nothing to dispel them.
Not to mention can Ford not do anything about all the negative articles written about them by certain car reviewers?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #92
robbo/region15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford PR
Hi everyone, Just thought that I'd dispel any rumours that are out there at the moment. Falcon remains an extremely important part of the Ford line-up. That’s why we’re continuing to invest in Falcon and Territory. As is normal practice, we are currently working our future model plans but don't expect to see anything about our future plans just yet. We hope you understand that we can't reveal any future strategies to our competitors.
Maybe the future is pathed with this[which of course cuts us out as a component supplier].......

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25790200104514
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #93
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I would say local suppliers that provide electrical stuff, glass, wiring and other body systems will get squeezed. FoMoCo obviously has preferred suppliers at a preferred price (and I bet they are in certain countries elsewhere in the Asia-Pacific region) which cuts Aussie suppliers out of the equation.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #94
robbo/region15

Very true.Australia will never compete on the labor cost,it all comes down to Profit v reduced cost etc.
Global sourcing........take for example the Door Frame trims on current Ford models,Door Frame Moulding in Black comes from Portugal,Door Frame Moulding in Chrome comes from Germany,Rubber Seal to suit both styles is from China,assembled here in Victoria....
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #95
xr8lover

get into "em robbo!
xr8lover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #96
xr8lover

and in the meantime all those GMH PEOPLE ARE DRIVING AROUND IN THEIR CHINESE BOMBADORRES..........
xr8lover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #97
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will be a sad day when it does eventually happen, for me anyway. My first car was a HR ute , and i've had 6 Holden and Ford utes over the last 25 years . To me the Jap utes just don't suit my lifestyle , they don't ride , handle any where near as well as a aussie ute . Call me a bogan if you want , but I'll certainly have a tear in my eye when it happens .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #98
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh man but we need utes to keep the tuff fag red plater posers out of our sedans.

What do now?