Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #61
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Holden Advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
And we all know, advertising promotes a product, no matter how crap it is.
but does it end in a sale? thats the million dollar question.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #62
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey

Its meant to get people through the door, then the sales person is meant to finish the deal.
Old 22-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #63
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
ok here is the challenge for those that choose to accept it. Make a better ad get it on utube. A serious ford fg or tez ad . . . The way we all know it should be. It must be of a nature that means it is airable.
The winner is the first to be shown on Australian fta tv (NEWS or footyshow or TODAY or anything)

The prize ... Well all I can offer is a 0.1 yuan note, and a 1974 chrysler by chrysler glove box mirror (If I can find it)

perhaps someone else would like to add some prizes
Ok... you got me interested!!!!! Don't laugh, I actually have a .1 yuan note (10 fen)... It's single and looking for a partner ;)
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #64
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
My Favourite car Ad at the moment is not from Ford OR Holden, it's from KIA >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN2Q7HTyPZQ

I can relate to this ad (I even turn the volume down whilst going past the oldies in my street!! ).

PS The new Territory Ad should have been this cool IMO
That's a cracker,

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #65
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:

Considering Holden are selling more cars than Ford, I'll leave you decide that one.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #66
fordv8!

those ute adds are lame!!!!
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #67
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Considering Holden are selling more cars than Ford, I'll leave you decide that one.
Well Toyota must be the Kings of advertising.
Old 22-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #68
prydey
Rob

Quote:
its not that simple. if every manufacturer pulled their ads from tv, i doubt you'd see much difference in the sales figures.
Old 22-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #69
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Well Toyota must be the Kings of advertising.

Ever watch the footy on the idiot box?

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 22-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #70
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Ever watch the footy on the idiot box?

Not really.
Old 22-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #71
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
its not that simple. if every manufacturer pulled their ads from tv, i doubt you'd see much difference in the sales figures.

Hate to disagree, but putting your name out there does wonders, no matter how pathetic it sounds.

No advertising, no way to know what's available to begin with. Just think about it and you'll understand. (ie listen to the idiot box, or the radio or check your letter box)

Strangely enough, the commercials that appear to sound pathetic are the ones that stick in the head the most.

Last edited by svo supporter; 22-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 22-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #72
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Not really.

What about watching telly period? Toyota have a fairly catchy tunes. (Some might even say pathetic, but it sticks in the head)

Old 22-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #73
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Hate to disagree, but putting your name out there does wonders, no matter how pathetic it sounds.

No advertising, no way to know what's available to begin with. Just think about it and you'll understand. (ie listen to the idiot box, or the radio)
i'm not saying 'no advertising'! i'm saying just the specific car ads on tv. every manufacturer has their brand out there in many different forms but no one on here gives that any credit. all they do is blame the tv ads for fords (falcons) poor sales and somehow credit holdens sales with their so called brilliant ads. i simply don't give all the credit to the tv ads. no one buys a $40k car simply because they saw an ad on tv.

people turn off in the ads. like vztrt alluded to earlier, all the ad needs to do is pique the interest of the potential customer and get them down to the dealer, or get them jumping on the net. the kia ad is a good example. doesn't really tell you anything about the car, but its a catchy ad and anyone in the market for one probably saw enough to go and check it out further.

i see very little advertising for hilux, mazda3, corolla etc and these all sell very well. hyundai are probably one of the biggest advertisers out there and whilst they too sell reasonably well, its not proportional to the amount of advertising.

for some, tv ads are the be all and end all. i simply don't agree. i appreciate others may feel differently. thats fine.
Old 22-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #74
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
What about watching telly period? Toyota have a fairly catchy tunes. (Some might even say pathetic, but it sticks in the head)
Only Toyota ad that I've seen that I like was the glass blowing one. Wouldn't buy a Toyota nor step foot in a Toyota Dealership....actually I lie I have to drop the work Hilux off for servicing.

Quote:
i see very little advertising for hilux, mazda3, corolla etc and these all sell very well.
Technically Mazda are the sales kings. Seeing as the Mazda 3 is the best selling private car and has been for a long time.
Old 22-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #75
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
No, that theory only applies to Ford......
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #76
AMGC63
Banned

Havent seen regular Toyota or Mazda ads in years... Yet they still dominate sales.
AMGC63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #77
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I haven't mentioned (my mistake), that advertising is part of the way to get sales. The other part is, the after sales service. Now reading through this forum, Ford have excellent after sales service, which would definately help with the selling of their product.

(Some scarsasm in this posting too. Just figure which it is)

Old 23-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #78
ray38l

Holden's marketing is different to Toyota in that they push individual models alot. Toyota ads are more about selling the whole Toyota range and brand in general. It works for Toyota because there is nothing special about there cars. Not many people are passionate about toyota's current model range. They buy toyota's because they get the job done.
Holden have buyers that are passionate about cars and actually like driving, which is why they advertise there performance cars the way they do.
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #79
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you driven a Ford, lately?

Because going Ford is the going thing...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #80
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT500
This is also why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSBSgIHEwA8

Makes the moffat fpv one look like trash
This link below is the making of that ad series for HSV - the behind the scenes look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLUAoJqjWY

Wonder if Ford could grab the same agency? :-)
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #81
AMGC63
Banned

"HSV and HRT work close" "The old adage Win on sunday sell on monday still rings true for HSV".. Um sorry Garth, when did HRT last win a series or round?
AMGC63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post