Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Feeling the police frustration

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/police...-1226114432632

another statistic waiting to happen and its tools like this that make it difficult for all the sensible enthusiasts out there. obviously this clowns weapon of choice is a commodore, but this is not about what brand of car it is. overtaking on corners, double white lines, through townships etc. no wonder the police get frustrated when knob heads like this drive in such a manner.

and please, lets not draw any links to this sort of behaviour and slipping over the limit by a handful of km's.

changing rules and and regulations and increasing penalties only affects those that abide by the laws in the first place. these types of folks (in the video) have no intention of following the rules so what good is changing them really going to do?

its really no wonder the focus continues to be on speed when these oxygen thieves carry on like they do.

Old 15-08-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
T-Pak Addict
Jim

Default Re: Feeling the police frustration

Agreed....

Just an accident waiting to happen.. Sad thing is it will be some poor innocent that will lose their life due to clowns like this....

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
Old 15-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
Zero_PSI
Banned

That second video is Range Road North. They better hope they're not locals, because if I find out who they are I'll break their ******* necks. That's a road my missus and her family travels along daily. Infact, so do I.

The second part of that video is North East Road. Where he overtook that Mitsubishi is a series of BLIND sweeping corners. Could have easily been a family coming the other way.

Edit: Just realised, as he passed through Inglewood. One of those cars he overtook was my Missus..... I hope the faggot wraps himself around a tree.
Old 15-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #4
kpcart
Banned

i think we CAN draw a slight link to this sort of behaviour and "slipping over the limit by a handful of km's" - as the few km's you are talking about is more often then not actually a constistent behaviour of speeding. some drivers drive 99% of the time at whatever speed they like (even if it is only a few kms over the limit - but often to stay in front of everyone else on the road "its a race") and it is a small chance of being caught, and when they are caught they cry foul. there is a culture of speeding in australia, an epedemic, and something more annoying - a culture of 'dragging' where so many drivers do hard acceleration, which i think should be classed as hooning. this mindset in drivers of caring little for speed rules, for many people it evolves to not caring for other road rules. there are psychological issues for many drivers on our public roads too - needing to accelerate faster then other drivers, and needing to be ahead of everyone at every moment, why do people behave like this? why cant we all just drive like on the day we passed our driving tests?
Old 15-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a bunch of knobs. No regard for the safety of any anyone else on the road. I've seen some tools driving like that before but the continual overtaking on blind corners and against oncoming traffic?! Makes me embarrassed to be a "car enthusiast" because I'd get tarred with the same bush as these Mensa-candidates. Actually I'm embarrassed to be in the same genus for the same reason ..
Old 15-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Zero: the roads you mention ...should you be refering these to the police? Might narrow the search...
Old 15-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
fatcorty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
i think we CAN draw a slight link to this sort of behaviour and "slipping over the limit by a handful of km's" - as the few km's you are talking about is more often then not actually a constistent behaviour of speeding. some drivers drive 99% of the time at whatever speed they like (even if it is only a few kms over the limit - but often to stay in front of everyone else on the road "its a race") and it is a small chance of being caught, and when they are caught they cry foul. there is a culture of speeding in australia, an epedemic, and something more annoying - a culture of 'dragging' where so many drivers do hard acceleration, which i think should be classed as hooning. this mindset in drivers of caring little for speed rules, for many people it evolves to not caring for other road rules. there are psychological issues for many drivers on our public roads too - needing to accelerate faster then other drivers, and needing to be ahead of everyone at every moment, why do people behave like this? why cant we all just drive like on the day we passed our driving tests?
Epoedemic, what a load of crap.
Old 15-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
T-Pak Addict
Jim

The word is epidemic.....

Hard acceleration is a hooning offence here in SA....

There is slipping over the limit, like we all do on occasion... Then there is outright disregard for other people on the road.

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
Old 15-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Drawing a long bow there. Gross generalisations and some inaccuracy too - hard acceleration IS classified as hooning.

I am tempted to ask why the speed cameras didn't slow them down? (Note: sarcasm) But that is just another distraction.

Unfortunately there will always be someone who has complete disregard for the safety of others. No law will prevent this kind of behaviour.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
Old 15-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
fatcorty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pak Addict
The word is epidemic.....

Hard acceleration is a hooning offence here in SA....

There is slipping over the limit, like we all do on occasion... Then there is outright disregard for other people on the road.

Thanks spelling police
Old 15-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
Zero_PSI
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz
Zero: the roads you mention ...should you be refering these to the police? Might narrow the search...
I assume they'd have worked it out by now. They're pretty well-known roads.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #12
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Pretty shocking stuff. Hopefully they are caught out sooner rather than later!
Old 15-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #13
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
rubbish generalization
I will leave your post up so others can see you really have no grasp of reality and are here just to argue for the sake of it with gross generalizations that I find hard to think that even you could possibly believe. How a grandma doing 104 on a 3 lane freeway is the same as these blokes is beyond comprehension and how you drawer your similarities is too obsurd for words. The only generalization I will make is that 95% plus on this site would be sickened by the actions of these blokes once again giving those that generally do the right thing another bad rap. Intentionally speeding with a total disregard of theirs and others safety and intentionally breaking the law and unintentionally but safely going over the limit by 2mm on the speedo is not similar no matter how you look at it

Also heaven forbid if we all drove like on the day we got our licenses! I was a nervous wreck concentrating on passing and not on anything else! After 30 odd years driving I sure hope I have improved some what.

Just to stupid for words really

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #14
Spudz27
Call me Spud

One day we will get to see the video of this idiot loosing control and killing himself and anyone else in the car, it will happen eventually. The police catching him won't stop it.

I was nearly T-Boned with my son in the car by a P plater in a VS complete with yellow sticker, crossing to wrong side of road to cut the corner and whilst doing that flooring it and sliding sideways, then back again towards my car. Every day at 3:30 I here the distinct sound of his **** exhaust and him flooring it (business I work for is on a corner he uses everyday), the other day I saw the cops had him pulled over and out of his car, searching it etc. Karma is a ***** I thought, but the very next day at 3:30 I heard the unmistakeable sound of that **** exhaust, and his car flooring it around the corner. Only death will teach these people.
Old 15-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #15
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

1 word for this person. F...wit. Hope he wrapes himself round a tree avoiding someone. And I hope that smeone that witnesses it, goes up and smacks him round the head just for good measures.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 15-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #16
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Hopefully the Police can follow up on any leads and these people can be dealt with.......Some people never learn.......

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 15-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
1 word for this person. F...wit. Hope he wrapes himself round a tree avoiding someone. And I hope that smeone that witnesses it, goes up and smacks him round the head just for good measures.
Did you mean wraps or rapes, or both?
Old 15-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #18
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Pointless thread that was never going anywhere!
How many times do we have to ask you all:
No avoiding the swear filter
No Trolling
No Generalisations that will cause arguments
No rude comments and abuse of other members - in any degree.

Just a waste of bandwidth and I have closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
Closed Thread