Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-08-2011, 12:53 AM   #31
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Holden Commodore is in Chrysler's sights as it prepares new 300 range with sharper st

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Hey Hulk how old are you bit personal isn`t it?
Well.
look at that post.. Questioning another persons driving actions,(mobile phone use in a motor vehicle)
Then swearing at them.. (he who casts the 1st stone) OR (those in glass houses)... Not the smartest thing to do... -Crow bar to the face anyone?
Punctuation?.........

"Hating" on other drivers of same makes/models because of the actions of 1/2 idiots??....

explained enough for you now stang65.? For the record I am 28.

Anyways.. im back on topic,rant over..

Ps, Polerising as the last model was, I think its what made it stand out.. But watering down this model May just find new buyers.. Miss that v8 Though..
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Holden Commodore is in Chrysler's sights as it prepares new 300 range with sharper st

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
Falcons in general are far from the final word on best handlng and interior fit and finish since the au days.. (handling anyways)

looks is each to their own.. -can look good if not overdone..
do you think so Hulk? maybe i`m just old but i`ve thought of them as a pretty competent handler for for a big family sedan, yes i can understand people picking them on the limit, comparing them to more race track oriented cars, .....anyway it`s a bit hard to see the 300c belting the commy, should be interesting anyway.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #33
Bobman
Regulator

Maybe if they built cars like they did in the EL days (when last best selling), they'd be able to sell a few more.

All you need to do is compare looks and quality of trim as well as exterior panels to know that cost-cutting has cost Ford dearly.

Just like EL was the last to have quality thick Pilkington glass, but what does Ford do after the EL? Get cheap rubbish "plastic-like" glass from China for the AU-onwards. Rough feeling dash material and very easy to scratch rough plastic trim along the console doesn't help the quality image either.

That said, the VE is nothing to write home about either, but the looks of the AU cemented the doom of sales until slightly resurrected by the BA, but it's a tough market these days.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #34
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Maybe if they built cars like they did in the EL days (when last best selling), they'd be able to sell a few more.

All you need to do is compare looks and quality of trim as well as exterior panels to know that cost-cutting has cost Ford dearly.

Just like EL was the last to have quality thick Pilkington glass, but what does Ford do after the EL? Get cheap rubbish "plastic-like" glass from China for the AU-onwards. Rough feeling dash material and very easy to scratch rough plastic trim along the console doesn't help the quality image either.
Have you been inside an EL lately? The interior plastics are terrible and the fit is far from great. Definitely a league ahead of it's competitor, the VS - which was so bad it is literally shocking. But it's still poor at best. Way behind Magna and Camry equivalents.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #35
cartaa100
FG POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
Well.
look at that post.. Questioning another persons driving actions,(mobile phone use in a motor vehicle)
Then swearing at them.. (he who casts the 1st stone) OR (those in glass houses)... Not the smartest thing to do... -Crow bar to the face anyone?
Punctuation?.........

"Hating" on other drivers of same makes/models because of the actions of 1/2 idiots??....

explained enough for you now stang65.? For the record I am 28.

Anyways.. im back on topic,rant over..

Ps, Polerising as the last model was, I think its what made it stand out.. But watering down this model May just find new buyers.. Miss that v8 Though..

just to make it clear since ive obviously upset you. i dont "hate" on all the drivers of those cars, ive just noticed that alot (not 1 or 2, im sure ive seen 1 or 2 aggressive drivers from every make of car!) of them are pretty aggressive.

i just told him to get off the phone cause he had it up at his ear and was swaying from side to side....im sorry i care about other people safety, maybe i shouldnt have told him to get f'd when he responded aggressively to me.

anyway leave it at that.

i think i prefer the old one more, from the front atleast.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11332753  
cartaa100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #36
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My BF Mk 2 Ghia, to me is "plain jane" in interior finish. Satin spears, piano black, no chrome trim on outside windows, I might be old fashioned, but I like wood trim etc..The piano black should also include the clock not just grey plastic around clock. Monochrome ICC and its supposed to be premium sound.. Ghia doesn't look luxury, to me. But I still like it,,,
Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #37
Spudz27
Call me Spud

There is a parent at my daughters school who has the SRT-8. It is a car I always turn my head to look at.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #38
bingoTE50
Steve

SRT-8 on full noise sounds the bomb . I liked the wagon more than the sedan.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #39
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just don't like them . . They have no style to them to my eyes. Too much metal and not enough glass . . I would feel claustrophobic in one. As to taking on the Commodore .. good luck with that one haha.

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #40
jed

i would have bought one if the price was comparable to G6 LTD/ Berlina International , but they werent so i didnt.
i liked the 300 wagon

I like my G6 LTD enough to keep it
jed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #41
BleedBlue

I think they look great they really stand out and if the Falcon was no longer an option I would definately look at one. My only concern is the price of parts.
Life is a path, Death a destination
BleedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #42
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If chrysler think they can make a substantial comeback, why are ford being so pessimistic about falcon?
i think ford need to shake things up, break a few rules. i mean they've done well with the xr6 turbo, so they know how to make a good car, they just need to get people back to buying them.
will chrysler knock off holden? not likely.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #43
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As long as the Chrysler takes Holden sales I am OK.
And with others here, if there was no Ford RWD large sedan, and the Chrysler was about the same price point as the Commo, I would take the Chrysler.
At least some of the profit does not go to America !!
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #44
burnz
VFII SS UTE

will chrysler knock of ford?? (300c v's falcon)
i don't think that will happen either..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #45
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
As long as the Chrysler takes Holden sales I am OK.
And with others here, if there was no Ford RWD large sedan, and the Chrysler was about the same price point as the Commo, I would take the Chrysler.
At least some of the profit does not go to America !!
Huh? The 2011 300C is fully imported by an American company and made in North America! At least Commodores are made in Australia.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #46
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Huh? The 2011 300C is fully imported by an American company .
Owned by a European company .. Fiat
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #47
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i would still prefer monies put into holden, ford, toyota.. that make the local product.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 03:52 AM   #48
kpcart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
Have you been inside an EL lately? The interior plastics are terrible and the fit is far from great. Definitely a league ahead of it's competitor, the VS - which was so bad it is literally shocking. But it's still poor at best. Way behind Magna and Camry equivalents.
i dont agree with that at all. i have been in 2 VS commodores recently and they have held up much better then my old mans EF falcon. the magnas were pretty good too.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #49
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

If i was in the market for a large RWD car the 300C (SRT-8) would be the one for me for sure, nothing else in Aus in the price range does it for me, and compared to the rest they have definitely nailed it in the style/class departments.....

The above is my own personal opinion only, and funnily enough, the only one that matters to me.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #50
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
i would still prefer monies put into holden, ford, toyota.. that make the local product.
Better money going to European companies that actually have a history.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #51
black54

Like the SRT-8, tough as nails with a good set of wheels and it goes like stink!
But alas, no more!!
As for any late model Falcodores...no thanks!

Yeah, well, marque history wouldn't turn me towards another European!! A cheap Euro would though.

And Chrysler wont do what Falcon couldn't.
I'll go now.....
black54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #52
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
Would you put your money into the local product d in Russia.

I just buy whats good and what I like. Not just the local product for the sake of it.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #53
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Would you put your money into the local product d in Russia.
Russia has a few plants of different car makes(good ones)....so one could say yes.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #54
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Better money going to European companies that actually have a history.
Actually have a history? What do you mean by that statement?

Ford and Holden have plenty of 'history'. Both companies have been responsible for many outstanding cars throughout their history in Australia.

It's just a shame that Holden hasn't produced anything noteworthy since 1988.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #55
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Pretty ambitious from Chrysler. If they could get the Challenger down here at a decent price I'd be lining up for one.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #56
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Russia has a few plants of different car makes(good ones)....so one could say yes.
You want a James May's Dacia?????
Old 12-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #57
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFGXR6
Pretty ambitious from Chrysler. If they could get the Challenger down here at a decent price I'd be lining up for one.
Same to be honest.
I wouldn't pay 140k or whatever they are worth here currently.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post