Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Wheels Mag top speed test - HSV no show!!

Just looking through the latest issue of wheels magazine which I bought for the article on the top speed test they conducted with 9 performance vehicles including the gt and f6. The test was conducted at Avalon airport and was designed as a top speed run with acceleration also being measured. I thought it strange that there were no hsv's included in the test. Initially I thought the mag had chosen the cars to participate and for some reason hadnt picked any hsvs. Reading the article further, it turns out HSV decided not to provide a vehicle for the shoot out. I can only surmise that they did this so they wouldn't be shown up by the f6 and gt. But i reckon not showing up is greater publicity for the fords Than showing up and getting beat. If this was the case, well done ford and fpv.

Looking at some of the other vehicles being tested the fpv's were a bit outgunned by some serious sportscars but bang for buck few of the competing cars come close, only the Lexus isf was close at $126,800.

Also from the test it shows how good the f6 still is as up until 400m it's is neck and neck with the gt, after that the gt pulls away.

Cars that took part were:
Porsche 911 turbo s
Merc sls amg
Nissan gtr
Audi r8 v10 spyder
Porsche panamera turbo
BMW m3
And f6, gt and the Lexus.

Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Wheels Mag top speed test - HSV no show!!

Been covered in another thread mate
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah copy, thought it might have been. Might have to have a look.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11337189
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post